hey guys.. just updated into .122 and **** i have a bad battery leak.. Ok here's the symptoms:

-Every time i boot my storm took a **** lot time bout 5-7min (When using .113 it goes smoothly bout 3-4min)
    -My battery feels a lil bit warmer (even when sleep mode, lock phone, sms, e-mail) every time i touch my back casing where the battery is located feels just a lil bit warmer
    -Battery drain so quick bout 5 hour top from 100%-0% (When using .113 bout 12-15 hour)
    -No.. I'm not using any application (Check, double check, and triple check)
    -And no.. I'm not using any kind of trick to make my storm click better (This known have a foul which can lead to make the battery overheat)

Help is appreciated
    04-14-09 11:48 AM
    On a couple of occasions since upgrading both our phones to 122, they have drained the battery overnight, while turned off. First few times I thought that I forgot to turn off my phone, then I started putting a sticky tab on after I turned it off. I do not use the alarm function and I have made sure the phone is actually off; gone from 100% to 0 overnight. Anyone else had this problem?
    04-14-09 01:46 PM
    I just got my Storm 9530 put on Alltel. Will trying to upgrade my OS do anything to the host routing table or anything else to erase the Alltel information? Thanks for the help in advance
    04-14-09 10:56 PM
    I for one believe that the 9530 is dead in the water. We will be lucky if we get the official OS release of .113 and if we do that will be it. RIM will focus of the upcoming release of their new products and the STORM will be left to die a slow and painful death and those of us who have this phone will be left holding our collective jewels till we can upgrade in another year.....this SUCKS.
    04-15-09 08:34 AM
    I for one believe that the 9530 is dead in the water. We will be lucky if we get the official OS release of .113 and if we do that will be it. RIM will focus of the upcoming release of their new products and the STORM will be left to die a slow and painful death and those of us who have this phone will be left holding our collective jewels till we can upgrade in another year.....this SUCKS.
    I understand your frustration... as i've been frustrated as well at the lack of an "official" verizion release.

While i agree verizion may NOT release a ton of "official" releases, i can say without a doubt (because of the Curve's releases) that RIM does support its hardware. While verizion may not put their stamp on it for whatever reason??!? we will continue to see support in the form of OSs released by RIM for other carriers and leaks.

And not to derail you, but after running the leaked .113 since two days after it's leak i can tell you it makes the device do EVERYTHING it's supposed to. Yes, i'd like to see .122 but i'm happy with .113.

But again, your point, verizion does suck at releasing updates even when they are available. I just don't think there is cause to be so glum.
    04-15-09 11:00 AM

hmmm....false.
    04-15-09 12:32 PM
    Does anyone else not have their BB recognized by the Verizon download?

I downloaded it, and it didn't recognize it, so I closed it out and opened DM and backed up the current settings, etc...

I then went to update software, and it shows v 4.7 (preferred), v4.7... (downgrade), v 4.6 (downgrade).

But when I click on that, it tells me some of my software is "too advanced" or whatnot for the software.

Whats going on?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    04-15-09 05:16 PM
    My office has a BES. I have lost patience waiting for an official OS upgrade. Do I need the help of my IT people to load a leaked OS on my 9530 ?
    04-15-09 05:22 PM
    Hey guys, new here. Just wanted to pipe in for a sec while I have one...rare. I've had the Storm since shortly after it was released. Since then I have had 3 more. I still use #4 and I now kinda love the **** out of it.

I should mention I am known by all who know me as sort of a "knows just too damn much, it ain't right!" kinda guy. I'm pretty fluent with electronics and I am an exceptional software user. I also know my bits and pieces about many types of programming.

I'm currently running 113 and it has made something I have literally punched in uncontrollable frustration into something I grudgingly love. Still has some minor yet irritating quirks but for the most part it runs pretty smoothly. And I use the **** out of mine like any self respecting geek of geeks should. I will say if your going to put any sort of non native video on your storm first convert them to the proper format which can be found on several sites found in a simple Google... I also convert all my MP3s so I couldn't vouch for varied settings there. GET THE APPS STORE if you haven't. Simplifies things greatly. Crackberry's da bomb too! Gotta love some slacker radio too. Also get a bluetooth radio sync for your car. An awesome comfortable (and very cheap on ebay) ear piece is the Jabra BT8040. I use the Jabra SP700 for the car. Don't bother with BT with your PC because it's way too slow and buggy at best.

Don't get all worried about support. One thing I know is that no matter what verizon does there are way to many tech savvy people on this planet now for the storm to not see improved OS's... and I'm sure they'll all be easy to find right here... I do know this though. I won't be jumping to their next similar piece of equipment after this experience till I have heard PLEANTY of reviews and they are largely positive. If your still using 75 or any other pre 113 version I strongly recommend upgrading. Sorry about the ramble.
    04-15-09 07:13 PM
    Skynyrdfan5, this should help you get started. (won't let me post the url till I have 10 posts...) search for "blackberry jl_Cmder blackberry forums" and click the first link

read the bottom.
    04-15-09 07:28 PM
    I went in to our local Verizon store to get a replacement for my Storm, as I was having to do battery pulls a couple times a day due to lock ups, and surprise, surprise, they informed me that they were already upgrading to .113 in the store.

They said they were tired of waiting for the official release and all the returns they were processing, so decided to go ahead and offer the update. Still not sanctioned by corporate I guess, but this is a company store and not a reseller, so it was a shock. Took about 1 1/2 hours but it is done. I wonder how many other stores are doing the same?
    04-15-09 09:00 PM
    ....so decided to go ahead and offer the update. Still not sanctioned by corporate I guess, but this is a company store and not a reseller, so it was a shock. Took about 1 1/2 hours but it is done. I wonder how many other stores are doing the same?
    You have GOT to be kidding....right? One store releasing an "unapproved" operating system on the BB Storms they have because they are "tired of waiting on Corporate?" Surely you jest....?

...That store would have to be breaking at least a couple of rules that could result in the firing of quite a few people.
    04-15-09 09:12 PM
    Bell Mobility: 4.7.0.122
    *** Awaiting .exe file***

For install instruction to load any carriers 95XX OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (If your not on Orange UK)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

Is the .122 exe release for verizon 9530 phones out yet? I'm concerned about upgrading another way.
    04-15-09 09:35 PM
    You have GOT to be kidding....right? One store releasing an "unapproved" operating system on the BB Storms they have because they are "tired of waiting on Corporate?" Surely you jest....?

...That store would have to be breaking at least a couple of rules that could result in the firing of quite a few people.
    All true. I even called VZW Tech Support before I did the upgrade, and they assured me that no stores would be releasing that version yet...and that it would not be publicly released for a few more weeks. At the strore, it was a 'manager' encouraging me to do the update. Seems real strange.
    04-15-09 09:46 PM
    Is the .122 exe release for verizon 9530 phones out yet? I'm concerned about upgrading another way.
    I asked the same question on the page before this one. CX said he'd do some digging and get back to us, but no word yet. He seemed to think it "SHOULD" be up?

I'm with you though, i'll not be messing with the hybrids. I know what happens when you go futzing around with firmware. /looks at bricked PSP, countless mobo's, Onkyo Reciever, and old PS1. Yes. I was THAT guy. I learned my lesson.
    04-15-09 09:49 PM
    All true. I even called VZW Tech Support before I did the upgrade, and they assured me that no stores would be releasing that version yet...and that it would not be publicly released for a few more weeks. At the strore, it was a 'manager' encouraging me to do the update. Seems real strange.
    Very strange, indeed. Hopefully, no one "up high" at Verizon will find out about this.
    04-15-09 09:50 PM
    There's an unofficial (created by a CB member) installed for 122....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...staller-202419
    04-15-09 10:44 PM
    I asked the same question on the page before this one. CX said he'd do some digging and get back to us, but no word yet. He seemed to think it "SHOULD" be up?

I'm with you though, i'll not be messing with the hybrids. I know what happens when you go futzing around with firmware. /looks at bricked PSP, countless mobo's, Onkyo Reciever, and old PS1. Yes. I was THAT guy. I learned my lesson.
    Should have made a Pandora batt my friend.
    04-15-09 10:46 PM
    lol.. well you know they were just getting into that when i bricked my PSP. Pretty awesome mod though.
    04-15-09 10:53 PM

Wouldn't surprise me. When I had my Curve the local store did not put on 4.5 for me but they where passing out printed instructions on how and where to go for a leaked OS there. The store in Louisiana where I bought my Pearl which was my first Blackberry was using Videos4blackberry.info as a selling point and would show customers how to download ostensibly illegal videos using and EVDO enabled laptop in the store. Corporate may not condone this kind of stuff but I guarantee they are not firing people over it either despite their protests to the contrary. If the employee is shutting up a b****ing customer or getting lots of new ones and not causing problems the manager is going to look the other way and Verizon managers are like Sea Captains. King of the store. I hear a lot of slamming of Verizon employees in these forums but I've gotten some of my best advice from those said employees and traveling the way I do for a living, I see them in pretty much every state. A lot of these employees are bigger geeks than even the people here and they usually go out of their way to help. Thats been my experience. No doubt many are members here and cringe every time someone talks down on them.
    04-16-09 12:16 AM
    I don't get it. Why doesn't Verizon just release a new OS with all the Bug fixes !
    04-16-09 01:32 AM
    Because they haven't found one yet.

I don't get it. Why doesn't Verizon just release a new OS with all the Bug fixes !
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 01:53 AM
    Sorry if this is still harping on the same question, but I have Verizon as my SP. I've noticed there are other upgrades from other carriers and such. Am I only relagated to getting the Verizon or can I get the others. If I get a different one, will it ruin my OS/Phone?

Thanks!
    04-16-09 05:19 AM
    Sorry if this is still harping on the same question, but I have Verizon as my SP. I've noticed there are other upgrades from other carriers and such. Am I only relagated to getting the Verizon or can I get the others. If I get a different one, will it ruin my OS/Phone?

Thanks!
    Nope, thanks to some great members of the community, if you follow the directions they have given with each leak, you should be fine.
    04-16-09 05:36 AM
    Guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but I am having troubles installing .122 on my VZW Storm which is on version 75 now (stock). I tried doing .113 first, deleted the xml file, started the loader manually but there is no OS update in the list that comes up in the loader... What am I doing wrong? PLS help!
    04-16-09 07:32 AM
638 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD