Alright, I'm a complete newbie to crackberry. I have the 9530 Storm and have already done all the updates provided by me device mgr. I know there's a crap load of updates to the os and I have no clud where to begin? What should I do first? Thanks for any suggestions and help!
    I am really not trying to be snooty at all... I was a total NewB at storm launch and this is what I did...

Step #1 - Read the Sticky right under this one called "How to Update to a leaked/beta OS...

Step #2 - Follow the instructions

Step #3 - If something does mess up DON'T PANIC just find the Thread call How to fix a bricked BB or something to that effect.

Step #4 - Read the Large thread in the Tips and Tricks Subforum and you will be an expert in no time!

*Please note: If you have problems, read more! These forums are awesome and will teach you SOOOO much...
    04-10-09 04:49 PM
    Bigslim, this update works fine and it is for the 9530 Storm. It's just a Bell update and there is a way to safely install it. I think you are under the impression that this is for the 9500. It isn't.

My phone is working fine no problems 19 hours after install.
    Hook, you are right, it would be my argument that it's for the 9500 and not the 9530. I haven't installed this just for that impression. I just don't like to know that one must go through so much trouble to install that OS on a 9530 storm. thanks for the follow up.
    04-10-09 05:27 PM
    Answer is simple. No.

There are parts of the OS's that can be used interchangably, the Java files, I believe, but you can't just load the whole OS built for a 9500 onto a 9530 or vice versa.
    I have a really DUMB question here, but didn't want to start a new thread to ask..... If the 9530 has a "CDMA" folder, what is the name of the folder on the 9500; since it's not a CDMA device?

Also, isn't the 9530 a world phone? Why are there even seperate models? Does the 9500 completely lack the CDMA chipset? Does it even use the MSM7600 at all like the 9530? I thought the whole MSM7600 was geared toward CDMA. I actually read on a specsheet for the 9500 that it used some Marvell chipset; which would make sense since the Marvell it mentioned was geared toward GSM.
    04-10-09 05:33 PM
    can you install this os update if you are using a MAC?
    04-10-09 07:27 PM
    When I click on the Verizon: 4.7.0.75 link it just brings me to the verizon page. Does anyone have a direct link to the 9530 OS?
    04-11-09 12:35 PM
    can you install this os update if you are using a MAC?
    You can if you use VM Fusion or Bootcamp. Don't use Parallels, it will cause you problems.
    04-11-09 12:55 PM
    Hook, you are right, it would be my argument that it's for the 9500 and not the 9530. I haven't installed this just for that impression. I just don't like to know that one must go through so much trouble to install that OS on a 9530 storm. thanks for the follow up.
    Did you check out homemade installer by lyricidal? It makes it much easier.
    04-11-09 01:01 PM
    I thought we would have a new os bye now
    04-11-09 01:03 PM
    Did the switch last night. Bout half gooned up on cold meds and lack of sleep coughing my head off. Tried to follow all instructions, couldnt get the jl-cmder app to install anywhere but on my desktop. turns out it wasnt needed anyway totally wasted 2 hrs trying to get it in the phone. I backed up my third party apps and all that good stuff, luckily it wasnt necessary. I am knocking on wood and counting all my lucky stars cause the conversion went flawless, and i had absolutely no effin idea what i was doing. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO MAKE THE INSTRUCTIONS PAGES WITH EVERY THING TOGETHER. YOU FREAKIN ROCK. I believe the one guys name was ANDY.

Sooooooo how is it working??? Pretty good, had one lockup today but i think it was my girl rapid firing bb msgs at me while i was trying to change settings. The accelerometer thingy works better with the games and stuff, screen changes are faster, went from averaging 30 mb of app memory to 45 to 50.
    I have noticed a decrease in battery life. but noticed a slight increase in reception strength, hmm r the 2 related??
    I didnt have that many probs with the phone b4 like some of you have had, we bought 2 from verizon and they both worked great from the time i updated them to the .75 os. a few screen freezes here and there But ive had that happen with every phone ive owned not just the smartphone types either, irritating problems trying to correct typing errors( stuck cursor anyone?), But nothing like some of the complaints.
    I spent about 8 hrs poring thru the various posts b4 i was sufficiently stoned on cough syrup to try this, since i wasnt really having any issues its the only reason i can come up with why i did this instead of waiting for the official release.

My biggest observation is this: If it had a million problems b4, its probably going to have a million after, if its giving you that much grief, it needs exchanged.

when I woke up today and realized what I had done to my phone in the wee hours of the morning i was a little scared to take it out of the holster, but after 1 day of trial it seems to have been a good idea.
    I downloaded 113 first, tried to do it exactly like andys post says, but it was just making 2 versions of the cdma and java folders in the file, I actually had to delete the files from 113 first and then MOVE them from the winrar unzipped 122folder. P.S. running vista service pack 1.
    Didnt have to reinstall anything when it was done, all the apps were in order, all msg's still where i left em. browser worked the first time, I keep waitning for the sky to fall because I dont usually get this lucky when it comes discombobulating something. But if i can do it stoned on Nyquil and Coricidan, anyone should be able to do it (after about 4 am it started getting hard to see around the big puffy clouds.) WTF? What big puffy clouds? I think I need another shot. Good luck people.
    Last edited by MaddMaverick; 04-11-09 at 08:10 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling
    04-11-09 08:05 PM
    When I click on the Verizon: 4.7.0.75 link it just brings me to the verizon page. Does anyone have a direct link to the 9530 OS?
    Did you look at this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/up...pdated-123176/
    04-12-09 08:01 AM
    Ok so far still good, have noticed some strange things going on with the camera, it works, takes a decent pic, but sometimes it is fast sometimes it is slow, and the camera screen was doing weird things, kinda looked like a scripting error on a web page. And my storm torch program no longer takes the screen to maximum brightness, it goes to whatever brightness the page was on at the time I activated it. With or without auto dim engaged. So far the only quirks i've noticed. I wiped the phone and reinstalled 122 and the weird things with the camera have gone away but still have the issue with the storm torch. Not that its a big issue, im just making note of it. If I notice any others i will post back.
    04-12-09 02:21 PM
    I upgraded from .75 and i'm loving it but my phone doesnt seem to show any today previews in my Genesis theme or my apple berry theme. Do I need to wipe and reload? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    04-12-09 03:01 PM
    Yes that is how Verizon works. Click the link>Select Personal email(if applicable)>9530>enter your phone number>and select download now.
    04-12-09 08:44 PM
    Hey guys I know this is nothing new and I don't mean to tick anyone off with this question; therefore, I ask in the most humble way--did anyone hear about an OS update from Verizon on April 15, 2009? I read some speculation but was wondering if anyone heard anything on this? However, more than likely, it will be a let down again =(
    04-12-09 11:00 PM
    April 15th huh I am going to wait till then to see what happens and then If nothing I too will be doing the homemade link to the download
    Thank you
    04-12-09 11:37 PM
    Hi there I obviously need some help here. I currently am with Bell Mobility
    and have been for a number of years. I also have the Storm 9530 and wish to upgrade to .122 but unforetunately I cant. I had even called level 2 tech support and asked them if they could assist me and to my surprise I was told that they do not support that version and that is why I was unable to download and install it through there severs . Please someone help me. Is there a link that someone has ? Cause according to bell they do not have it and most Definitely are not offering it to there clients.
    04-13-09 11:11 AM
    There wont ever be another Verizon "Official" OS upgrade. Its like trying to find the easter bunny....you just wont find it. Its all a big joke at this point. lol
    04-13-09 06:43 PM
    this is probably a question that has been answered to please bear with me.

Does the 9500 software work for 9530?

I currently have verizon with .109 OS... was curious if I could try out that .122 OS for the 9500?
    04-13-09 07:08 PM
    NO they are NOT interchangeable. There is a thread that you can download the cdma and java for 9530 .122 and copy them over either .109 or .113.

this is probably a question that has been answered to please bear with me.

Does the 9500 software work for 9530?

I currently have verizon with .109 OS... was curious if I could try out that .122 OS for the 9500?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 07:12 PM
    ehh i think i'll wait till theres a 9530 release for .122, i dont really feel good about doing they hybrid stuff
    04-13-09 07:23 PM
    thats silly. its pretty good actually. better than the official version by far.
    04-13-09 11:39 PM
    When I select the OS what I want, it says that theirs no update needed.
    And cant select the preffered OS, the 1.22?
    Very strange?
    04-14-09 08:18 AM
    CX... whats the word? Why all the hold up with .122. Is this part of the "New" procedures with OSs? Are they holding back the exe files now?

Sorry to hound you all the time on here as we do, but the silence is deafening and i don't want to go the hybrid route again. Did it once and that was enough to convince me to at least wait for complete leaked builds.

Thanks in advance!
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
    I was a BB Pearl user for 2 years, just got the new Storm. Do I have to update the OS? What's the benefit?
    04-14-09 11:20 AM
    CX... whats the word? Why all the hold up with .122. Is this part of the "New" procedures with OSs? Are they holding back the exe files now?

Sorry to hound you all the time on here as we do, but the silence is deafening and i don't want to go the hybrid route again. Did it once and that was enough to convince me to at least wait for complete leaked builds.

Thanks in advance!
    Honestly I'm not quite sure. This is more so on the carriers, than it is RIM. It's obvious the carriers only want the software distributed to their customers. I'm actually quite surprised that it has not be uploaded to their download site. I can't see this becoming the norm, as Hutchinson released .122 and it's up on their site the same day. I will do some checking though.
    04-14-09 11:23 AM
638 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD