He all... new to these forums, so this might of been discussed before... does anyone know why they don't have a send button like they have a go button on the internet.??
    the send button...if im understanding you correctly...if you hide the keyboard when your sending an SMS or an email or other message, it is at the bottom of the screen...or just hit the bb button twice when youre done typing
    03-31-09 03:55 PM
    posted that twice? w/e my internets being gay
    03-31-09 03:55 PM
    Dude, you need to get that storm replaced FAST. You have a defective model (which unfortunately there are plenty of). Don't ask over the phone, physically go into the store and tell them what's happening. As long as you didn't scratch up your storm, they will replace it on the spot.
    03-31-09 06:37 PM
    the send button...if im understanding you correctly...if you hide the keyboard when your sending an SMS or an email or other message, it is at the bottom of the screen...or just hit the bb button twice when youre done typing
    Thanks for the info! The BB button definetly makes it easier by hitting it twice!
    04-01-09 09:17 AM
    Dude, you need to get that storm replaced FAST. You have a defective model (which unfortunately there are plenty of). Don't ask over the phone, physically go into the store and tell them what's happening. As long as you didn't scratch up your storm, they will replace it on the spot.
    And you know there are plenty of defective Storms exactly how?
    04-02-09 11:12 AM
    when is the next official OS coming out. the one after .75, anyone have any clue? i thought it was supposed to come out last week.
    04-02-09 05:16 PM
    I know about hitting the BB button twice, and hiding the keyboard seems like alot of work. I think it would be awesome if they had a send button right under the enter button so you didn't have to go out of your way to send a message? It really makes me appreciate the BB messenger a lot more.
    04-02-09 07:39 PM
    ... but who was this message to????
    04-02-09 07:41 PM
    ... but who was this message to????
    It was to me SteveDose. I have a brand new Storm that likes to reset itself when it feels like it. No reason what so ever. Updated to .113 and have used others OS's, but none seem to help at all....
    04-03-09 11:42 AM
    Practice your punting skills and send it back to Verizon.... make sure u tell them u had .65 and .75 installed with no other apps, straight up stock!
    04-03-09 12:26 PM
    Will there be an official OS before my birthday on April 13th????? I would love to be 21, drunk, and most importantly a new, updated OS on my storm!!!!!
    04-04-09 06:39 PM
    Will there be an official OS before my birthday on April 13th????? I would love to be 21, drunk, and most importantly a new, updated OS on my storm!!!!!
    If you are turning 21 and going out to get drunk, I would keep your storm at home. If your 21st will be anything like mine was, your poor storm will probably not survive the night.
    04-06-09 10:42 AM
    I got a DM pop-up that says installing a new os...? Is this an official os release?
    04-06-09 10:50 PM
    I got a DM pop-up that says installing a new os...? Is this an official os release?
    I don't think so. Probably just an update to BBerry Desktop Manager itself.
    04-06-09 10:52 PM
    The program is called BlackBerry Automatic Update and downloading BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7.0 though?
    The file size is 111 MB.
    04-06-09 11:00 PM
    Here is a screen shot...
    Last edited by kazuya1024; 04-06-09 at 11:20 PM.
    04-06-09 11:07 PM
    This is a desktop manager. Not an official OS. it has nothing to do with an OS
    04-06-09 11:08 PM
    Oh ok... my bad
    04-06-09 11:19 PM
    So no new OS but what's new in desktop manager?
    04-07-09 12:34 AM
    I got one more feature ("email setting" in English). But, it says I need to connect to the messaging system online to set things up.
    04-07-09 01:07 AM
    What OS are you running now?
    04-07-09 02:59 PM
    Still 4.7.0.75 for me. Just checked on my DM hoping all the crazy rumors were true, but definately not the case.
    04-07-09 03:45 PM
    Hi,
    I am on Bell in Canada, ran through the process and now my Storm 9530 OS is 4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153), and no change to DM - so on Bell at least this truly is an OS upgrade.

Running through this the first time, the install got stuck on the setupwizard_app.cod file. I eventually had to hit cancel, it didn't respond so I had to pull the cable. To make a long story short, I got the OS back after some work, did a restore from the auto backup before the upgrade. My apps are all gone, but none of the data on my data card got touched. Not too bad I guess - I will have to do a better backup next time. The thing that bugs me the most is having to reinstall all my apps and rearrange all my icons - I had everything just the way I wanted.
    04-07-09 05:31 PM
    Hi,
    I am on Bell in Canada, ran through the process and now my Storm 9530 OS is 4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153), and no change to DM - so on Bell at least this truly is an OS upgrade.

Running through this the first time, the install got stuck on the setupwizard_app.cod file. I eventually had to hit cancel, it didn't respond so I had to pull the cable. To make a long story short, I got the OS back after some work, did a restore from the auto backup before the upgrade. My apps are all gone, but none of the data on my data card got touched. Not too bad I guess - I will have to do a better backup next time. The thing that bugs me the most is having to reinstall all my apps and rearrange all my icons - I had everything just the way I wanted.
    usually my icons all go back to where i last had them because of my backup file. urs should've done it too......oh nvm i see it did an auto backup....that's why. those never work for me that well. they fail at the end but luckily i have my main back up
    04-07-09 05:34 PM
    Thanks - this will teach me to do my own full backups now. The auto backup restored some things, my emails, contacts, some configuration changes (example - convenience key changes I made) - but no apps whatsoever and no icon placement.

This is my first Blackberry and my first OS update - now I know :-)
    04-07-09 05:49 PM
638 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD