Really didn't take much time at all. Copied the text into TextPad and it gave me the word count. I figured the 168 words w/o any sort of punctuation must be some kind of record.

I only noticed the very large number of mis-spellings when replying to the post, since the message box even got confused by your reply.

Personally, I appreciate all the help I can get; just not when it's illegible. Not even worth the time to read it. Hope you don't write reports like that at work.
    If it wasn't worth the time to read, then why did you take the time to see how many mistakes? I could understand if he was trolling or flaming but he was trying to give information in an abbreviated way. People need to be a little less critical and relax....sheesh.....
    03-22-09 05:21 PM
    I had to talk to Verizon yesterday to get my BIS login. The guy I talked to (Kenny) stated that he was using the 114 hybrid. He noted that a release would be out in 3 weeks, and would likely be 113. Then again, the guys at the Verizon store near me said Monday an update would be out. Who knows.

If I upgrade to the 114 hybrid now, how do I get to official release once it is out?
    03-22-09 06:04 PM
    U rele took the time to count the flaws in my post that's kinda sad I was jus trying to b helpful
    Wow. Not really helping your case here.
    03-22-09 06:59 PM
    i mean in my defense this is only forum, its not like i have to turn this in and get graded on it so why sweat that stuff. O n bgunckel i dont have to worry about typing reports like that at my job lol. And thanks Vic_C either all i care about is finally getting my official update im tired of runnin a leaked os this memory leak is horrid
    03-22-09 08:12 PM
    I thought this was the "Official Release Storm OS Thread" not the "proper grammar" thread. That being said, I tried the 114 hybrid and I found it was unstable, I went back to 109. It�s 1:30 am on march 23rd no official update yet lol, but i hope we get one today. I hear that there are versions as high as .130, has anyone else heard that?

Back on the off topic note:
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
    in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and
    lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses
    and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do
    not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
    03-23-09 12:33 AM
    I'll back off. kschollsbb, I do apologize. You're all right, this isn't a grammer thread, but it would be nice to be able to understand what someone is trying to say. We aren't texting here. That's the only point I was really trying to make.

Let's get back on topic now...

onlysleeping, you should be able to upgrade to the official release through your Desktop Manager software, even if you've upgraded to the hybrid. Now, this is an assumption, so if anyone else has further info, please help.
    03-23-09 08:28 AM
    BTW, since I've upgraded to the hybrid, applications that are supposed to be enhanced with sounds, now work as stated.

For example, prior to the OS upgrade I used Trapster on a recent road trip and had to keep checking the map for signs of police radar traps. There was a trap in Flagstaff, Arizona (as always), and Trapster reported it correctly; but there was no audible warning.

Yesterday, I decided to drive around town with Trapster on, and the audible warnings (red lights only, there were no traps) let me know well in advance. That was nice.
    03-23-09 08:32 AM
    onlysleeping, you should be able to upgrade to the official release through your Desktop Manager software, even if you've upgraded to the hybrid. Now, this is an assumption, so if anyone else has further info, please help.
    Sorry I'm new to the whole Blackberry thing. I'm running off of a MacBook Pro, how will I go about getting the new OS when it eventually comes out? Thanks for not hating me
    03-23-09 10:50 AM
    Sorry I'm new to the whole Blackberry thing. I'm running off of a MacBook Pro, how will I go about getting the new OS when it eventually comes out? Thanks for not hating me
    1) use boot camp and install a windows XP partition.
    2) buy a windows machine
    3)find a friend with windows and ask them if you can update your berry on it.
    4) try OTA
    03-23-09 10:57 AM
    So I was searching around and saw this posted today:

Storm users got another blessing! You wont believe how often these updates are rolling out. RIM’s finally on the ball

BlackBerry Storm 9530: OS v4.7.0.114 | Hedone Design

is this an official release?
    03-23-09 02:57 PM

Storm users got another blessing! You wont believe how often these updates are rolling out. RIM�s finally on the ball

Could it be??
    03-23-09 03:01 PM

Storm users got another blessing! You wont believe how often these updates are rolling out. RIM�s finally on the ball

Tkin- this is a beta OS. Nothing offical yet. Sorry.
    03-23-09 03:01 PM
    well shucks, thanks for not flaming me though!
    03-23-09 03:13 PM
    But is it a NEW release of .114 different from the one we have?
    03-23-09 03:14 PM
    No such thing as a different .114 build

If a provider releases .114 as official they better have their customer service team ready to go and on overtime.
    03-23-09 03:17 PM
    No. Any changes would be released at a new higher version number not .114 from what i understand.
    03-23-09 03:19 PM
    It looks like it is. I compared it to .114 I have installed, and the branding version on my storm ends in .60, but this one in .143. I dont know if that branding version would make a difference. Would it?
    Last edited by Toxa; 03-23-09 at 03:35 PM.
    03-23-09 03:22 PM
    It looks like it is. I compared it to .114 I have installed, and the branding version on my storm ends if .60, but this one in .143. I dont know if that branding version would make a difference. Would it?
    Again, there is only ONE 4.7.0.114 ever released and we have it. If there is a new .114, it will be called .115
    03-23-09 03:35 PM
    Again, there is only ONE 4.7.0.114 ever released and we have it. If there is a new .114, it will be called .115
    So how do you explain the difference in that branding version?
    03-23-09 03:36 PM
    I'll back off. kschollsbb, I do apologize. You're all right, this isn't a grammer thread, but it would be nice to be able to understand what someone is trying to say. We aren't texting here. That's the only point I was really trying to make.

Let's get back on topic now...

Thanks. I'm new to the BB world but have been in tech for years. I'm a bit wary of cleaning the device and putting leaked stuff on, so I may hold off for the official release (whenever that may be). Overall my phone (on .75 official) hasn't given any major problems. I've only had to do a battery pull once, and I'm sure thats because of a poorly written javascript embedded into a webpage caused the browser to hang.

I wish there was an event log or task manager that would show which processes are using what resources.
    03-23-09 03:41 PM
    So how do you explain the difference in that branding version?
    Branding version has to do with carrier ID and location/version of the branding that took place when the phone was flashed to be a specific model number of the 9500 hardware version.

i.e.
    1.0 is version
    105 is carrier id for Verizon
    xxx is the place where it was manufactured, possibly even low level version of onboard branding code. (think BIOS, kinda)
    03-23-09 03:43 PM
    Branding version has to do with carrier ID and location/version of the branding that took place when the phone was flashed to be a specific model number of the 9500 hardware version.

i.e.
    1.0 is version
    105 is carrier id for Verizon
    xxx is the place where it was manufactured, possibly even low level version of onboard branding code. (think BIOS, kinda)
    I see. So there isnt any difference in what I have on my phone and this "different" .114, correct?
    Last edited by Toxa; 03-23-09 at 03:48 PM.
    03-23-09 03:45 PM
    I see. So there isnt any difference in what I have on my phone and this "new" .114, correct?
    Correct. .114 is the same release no matter where it is.

Otherwise it would be a different number release.

Even if for some reason Verizon decides to release an official .114, the files will be the same as the one you have right now.
    03-23-09 03:48 PM
    Correct. .114 is the same release no matter where it is.

Otherwise it would be a different number release.

Even if for some reason Verizon decides to release an official .114, the files will be the same as the one you have right now.
    Thank you for the explanation.
    03-23-09 03:49 PM
    Different branding may be coming from the mashup of files people have been jamming together to make this hybrid builds. But yes, once a build is final if something changes in the build the version changes to reflect it.
    03-23-09 03:50 PM
638 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD