Yes, I loaded .114 yesterday. Not sure what all the fuss is about. There is slight improvement over .75, which is what I was using before, but not that much.

I think too many people are drinking the Kool-aid. It's hard to tell just how much faster one version is over another version. They're both still slow IMO. Additionally, these new leaks are still nothing more than bug fixes; so we need to remain cognizant of that.

Seems to be a slight improvement as far as the accelerometer is concerned; but it's still light years behind the iPhone's accelerometer.

Memory loss remains the same. in fact, memory loss is more a function of leaving apps running in the background than an OS issue. I didn't have problems on .75; no worse than .114.

.114 has the full QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode. The keypads are very narrow, so it's kind of hard to use. I've never owned any other BB, but I would assume the raised keypads would be much easier to use than those on the screen.

.114 seems stable, but I've only had it loaded for a day. .75 was very stable for me, so no diff there.

Here's the official .114 thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-great-181926/
    You should have tried .109. Its much better. I have tried them all and this one is the best so far.
    03-17-09 04:34 PM
    The link posted before is the .114 hybrid.

You should have tried .109. Its much better. I have tried them all and this one is the best so far.
    Have you tried the .114 hybrid yet? Not the 113/114 but the BBcrackman one? You will love it.
    03-18-09 12:25 AM
    BTW, the version I loaded was the hybrid. After a few days with it, the OS does seem pretty stable. Yes, I can tell it's a little faster than .75 was, but not blazing, or super fast, like I've read from many posters.

Just a word of caution: there seems to be a little embellishment in some posts!
    03-18-09 06:55 AM
    [QUOTEJust a word of caution: there seems to be a little embellishment in some posts! [/QUOTE]

I would tend to disagree. The .114 Hybrid has done WONDERS for MY Storm. I too ran .75 for the longest time till .109 came out then on to the current Hybrid. .75 vs. .114Hybrid are like night and day for MY Storm. I( could not be happier. Again individual results may vary.....
    03-18-09 07:43 PM
    Thought this thread was for official releases....?

Guess comparisons with unofficial releases will be inevitable since there's still no new official releases for comparison
    03-19-09 06:47 AM
    With the Iphone releasing it new OS system, it would seem that RIM would be ready to go as well. Does anyone have an official date of Verizon releasing the new OS for the STORM?
    03-19-09 09:30 AM
    With the Iphone releasing it new OS system, it would seem that RIM would be ready to go as well. Does anyone have an official date of Verizon releasing the new OS for the STORM?
    rumor on other forums is that there is a monday the 23rd release of an official OS... dont take my word im jus passing on information i read
    03-19-09 11:48 AM
    A1 Austria just provided an official 113 OS for the 9500

Click me
    03-19-09 01:36 PM
    Is there a difference between:

.75 Verizon

.76 Bell

I know the vendor is different (obviously) but is .76 any better than .75 or is it the same release?
    03-19-09 01:39 PM
    apparently official release on monday 23 so..4 more days then we'll see
    03-19-09 02:42 PM
    Thought this thread was for official releases....?

Guess comparisons with unofficial releases will be inevitable since there's still no new official releases for comparison
    It is, but the releases are so far apart that we have to hijack threads in order to have discussion and keep the thread alive!
    03-19-09 02:59 PM
    Beleive it when I see it--nuff said
    03-19-09 03:01 PM
    i jus put on .109 on mine and i was running .75 and so far ive only noticed that it has full qwerty in portrait mode nothing special
    03-19-09 03:04 PM
    Yes, I loaded .114 yesterday. Not sure what all the fuss is about. There is slight improvement over .75, which is what I was using before, but not that much.

I think too many people are drinking the Kool-aid. It's hard to tell just how much faster one version is over another version. They're both still slow IMO. Additionally, these new leaks are still nothing more than bug fixes; so we need to remain cognizant of that.

Seems to be a slight improvement as far as the accelerometer is concerned; but it's still light years behind the iPhone's accelerometer.

Memory loss remains the same. in fact, memory loss is more a function of leaving apps running in the background than an OS issue. I didn't have problems on .75; no worse than .114.

.114 has the full QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode. The keypads are very narrow, so it's kind of hard to use. I've never owned any other BB, but I would assume the raised keypads would be much easier to use than those on the screen.

.114 seems stable, but I've only had it loaded for a day. .75 was very stable for me, so no diff there.

Here's the official .114 thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-great-181926/
    The full keyboard in portrait mode offered in the update is not a bug fix. That's why I keep .109. I'm also quite confident it's more stable and faster.
    03-21-09 05:03 PM
    ok so whoever the person was tht said the official os will now b april 10 or 15 i highly doubt is right because just this evening i was bw3's with a friend of mine n two of his friends which work for an actualy verizon store not a autorized retailer the one i kinda kno works in the repair center the other is a shift leader and both of them have storms and were running on the new os but neither one wud tell me wut the number was since i had jus met them but from wut they said they love it the shift leader said he hadnt done a battery pull in 3 days without lag and i messed around with it...its no joke but dont disregard this since im a new member ive had my storm since jan 1 and its running on .109 and i noticed a huge difference soooo im still gonna anticipate the monday the 23rd launch hope im right
    03-22-09 12:29 AM
    .113 will be official. its a combination of .114 with .109 speeds and it should be out sunday. tomorrow.
    03-22-09 12:42 AM
    oh the keyboard issue on the call will be solved. copy and paste will be included
    03-22-09 12:43 AM
    oh the keyboard issue on the call will be solved. copy and paste will be included
    Keyboard issue on call has already been fixed.
    03-22-09 12:50 AM
    I hope color issue is fixed. .109 isn't that snappy. Hope it is faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 12:56 AM
    .113 will be official. its a combination of .114 with .109 speeds and it should be out sunday. tomorrow.

I will believe it when I see it. I hope your right, but it's already Sunday, and no updated OS OTA. So waiting for Monday the 23rd now.
    03-22-09 10:12 AM
    Keep waiting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 10:20 AM
    ok so whoever the person was tht said the official os will now b april 10 or 15 i highly doubt is right because just this evening i was bw3's with a friend of mine n two of his friends which work for an actualy verizon store not a autorized retailer the one i kinda kno works in the repair center the other is a shift leader and both of them have storms and were running on the new os but neither one wud tell me wut the number was since i had jus met them but from wut they said they love it the shift leader said he hadnt done a battery pull in 3 days without lag and i messed around with it...its no joke but dont disregard this since im a new member ive had my storm since jan 1 and its running on .109 and i noticed a huge difference soooo im still gonna anticipate the monday the 23rd launch hope im right
    168 words in 1 sentence, and double-digit mis-spellings. Un-freaking-believable. How do you expect anyone to understand this jibberish?
    03-22-09 11:35 AM
    The full keyboard in portrait mode offered in the update is not a bug fix. That's why I keep .109. I'm also quite confident it's more stable and faster.
    You're right, it's a minor enhancement. The rest is all bug fixes though.

I have noticed increased boot times and wake-ups. But the memory loss is still an issue. I thought it had to do with leaving apps running in the background, so I kept an eye on it for a few days. Unfortunately, memory continues to drain.

Folks, while this is an improvement, it's still far from perfect. And it's still behind the major competition, IMO. Hope it closes the gap fast.
    03-22-09 11:39 AM
    U rele took the time to count the flaws in my post that's kinda sad I was jus trying to b helpful
    03-22-09 02:26 PM
    Really didn't take much time at all. Copied the text into TextPad and it gave me the word count. I figured the 168 words w/o any sort of punctuation must be some kind of record.

I only noticed the very large number of mis-spellings when replying to the post, since the message box even got confused by your reply.

Personally, I appreciate all the help I can get; just not when it's illegible. Not even worth the time to read it. Hope you don't write reports like that at work.
    03-22-09 04:18 PM
638 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD