Wheres the 4.0.7.103 for the blackberry storm
    02-23-09 04:20 PM
    Seriously!..I think they target a specific IQ range..110-115..Usually their are 3-4 of them... one who admits to knowing nothing, the other two think and act like they know till you ask a question or tell thyem something that shows they dont have F'in clue. the last one is the 'Brains" of the operation..the go to guy..usu a Randy or a Jake..they have 3 phones on their belt and will use tech lingo to try to sell their expertise till a point when you either prove them wrong or get into an arguement with them. Once in a great while someone will surprise you...like i said once in a great while...sound familiar?!
    Last edited by stormMD; 02-24-09 at 03:21 AM.
    02-24-09 03:18 AM
    anyone have an idea as to when the next official wireless upgrade will be out for VZW? ive heard alot of good about the leaked OS versions, however bad as well so im pretty cautious about it
    I like you was trying to hold out for the next verizon release, and just got fed up the other day when my BB started acting all weird with .75 so I upgraded to the .109 beta. I can honestly say this much, I am exceedingly happy I did so, my storm works 200% better, and I am loving alot of the changes...
    02-25-09 01:15 PM
    My .75 runs rather smooth, but at the pace of chilled honey. But it's a consistent sluggishness.

mine did too until a couple of days ago... just upgraded to the 109 beta, and am happy I did!!!
    02-25-09 01:17 PM
    Downloaded the v.4.7.0.109 -- So far so good. I used my phone all day today and it is 8:06pm -- which included a dozen emails, texts, more than a dozen phone calls and web browsing for 10 minutes or so and the battery life so far is at 55%. -Significant battery life improvement.
    -Phone is much snappier than previous versions.
    -I have not had to force re-boot the phone at all today.
    -Web browsing is quicker -- I use Opera mini
    -the transition between pictures in 'media' is quicker -- no delay
    -the accelerometer is consistent even at 55% battery usage
    -call answering -- just one touch to 'answer' is all is required
    -the camera button on the right side when pressed is fires up the camera quickly -- NO Delay
    -Texting is with ease as well as with email
    -Typing is definitely faster than previous betas...
    -The phone is consistently fast -- faster than previous verisions.
    -When you press the send green call button it immediately brings u to the dialpad -- much, much faster
    -No delays when dialing -- no delay
    -When locking the phone -- and to switch it back on after a good 45min -- phone fires up... previous version would lock the phone

So far no LockUps, no Blackberry clocks -- everything smooth.

Overall I am very happy with this version. Get it! This is a summary for my 9530 Storm -- Verizon.
    Last edited by limixed; 02-25-09 at 10:17 PM.
    02-25-09 10:12 PM
    had my first anomaly with .109 while leaving work I got in my car plugged in the audio cable and car charger and watched as my BB sudenly went black, and got stuck in a reboot cycle. Basically kept getting the initial black screen with the red light at the top, the the clock would appear for 30 seconds, and the phone would reboot again...

I ended up pulling the battery and now all is normal again, but that was quite a strange experience...
    02-25-09 10:20 PM
    pardon my ignorance, but who makes the leaked OS? is it still RIM? I was doing all the new OS's but i was sick of all the random restarts so im still using .75. any word also as to when RIM will release the next official OS?
    02-26-09 01:06 AM
    Everytime I Try To Dl The Os To My Phone I Get A Fatal Error At The Connecting To Boot Device Screen.. This Never Happened B4 Neone Can Help?
    02-26-09 03:05 AM
    Srry If You Can Email Me I Will Appreciate It If Not Its Ok [email protected]
    02-26-09 03:06 AM
    pardon my ignorance, but who makes the leaked OS? is it still RIM? I was doing all the new OS's but i was sick of all the random restarts so im still using .75. any word also as to when RIM will release the next official OS?
    yes, beta OSs are still made by RIM and no1 knows when the next GC will be until it happens.... there are sooooooo many rumors that always fly around but dont believe any of them therell be a update when there is a update until than we gotta wait.....
    02-26-09 04:43 AM
    IMO we should get an official release soon. 109 is pretty solid for me, and they are already way passed that according to those in the know. i cant wait. i like my storm alot
    02-26-09 04:54 AM
    Downloaded the v.4.7.0.109 -- So far so good. I used my phone all day today and it is 8:06pm -- which included a dozen emails, texts, more than a dozen phone calls and web browsing for 10 minutes or so and the battery life so far is at 55%. -Significant battery life improvement.
    -Phone is much snappier than previous versions.
    -I have not had to force re-boot the phone at all today.
    -Web browsing is quicker -- I use Opera mini
    -the transition between pictures in 'media' is quicker -- no delay
    -the accelerometer is consistent even at 55% battery usage
    -call answering -- just one touch to 'answer' is all is required
    -the camera button on the right side when pressed is fires up the camera quickly -- NO Delay
    -Texting is with ease as well as with email
    -Typing is definitely faster than previous betas...
    -The phone is consistently fast -- faster than previous verisions.
    -When you press the send green call button it immediately brings u to the dialpad -- much, much faster
    -No delays when dialing -- no delay
    -When locking the phone -- and to switch it back on after a good 45min -- phone fires up... previous version would lock the phone

So far no LockUps, no Blackberry clocks -- everything smooth.

Overall I am very happy with this version. Get it! This is a summary for my 9530 Storm -- Verizon.
    How about memory consumption?

Also, I'd like to know if you still feel the same after a week or so of using this beta.

Thanks,
    BG
    Last edited by bgunckel; 02-26-09 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    02-26-09 05:56 AM
    I install the official OS in MY COMPUTER, i plug my storm to the PC, open DM, then it doesnt appears on the update list. i unistalled all os, i have only the one i wanto to install. i disconnect the computer from internet too.
    what i have to do for upgrade my of from .78 to the new one official from vodafone greece. i will appreciate your help , thanks.
    02-26-09 06:08 AM
    Helppppp I Try To Download The Os To My Phone And It Keeps Saying Fatal Error...im Not A Noob I Been Upgrading Since The First Leak! Please Respond
    02-26-09 02:44 PM
    How about memory consumption?

Also, I'd like to know if you still feel the same after a week or so of using this beta.

Thanks,
    BG
    I know this wasn't directed @ me but I felt the same way when I first DL the
    .109. But now it's all laggy again, leaking app memory fairly quickly and my battery only last about 12 hours after a full charge.

Seriously, with VZW deal w/ the buy a Storm get a second Blackberry free they really need to get the new OS done and released otherwise they'll be getting abushed w/ calls, emails, returns etc
    02-26-09 06:56 PM
    I have installed the leaked .109 OS upgrade on my computer but when I go to open my DM and check for updates the only two listed are .65 and .75. I have erased the .103 version that is on my Storm from the program listing on my computer. The only one listed is .109 but can not be recognized.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-26-09 10:01 PM
    i am having the same problem. i am running the .75 version and downloaded and installed the .76 OS on my computer then plugged in my phone and checked for updates and all its pulling up is .65 and .75 and ive done this a couple times today and end up with the same results. help please
    02-26-09 11:16 PM
    Usually you must disable your internet connection while DM looks for updates over the web. It looks on the web before your computer... You kinda have to trick it into accepting the BETAs
    02-27-09 01:09 AM
    For all you Telus users I just talked to a client loyelty rep who said that Blackberry will be rolling out with a official os update on March 1st.

Has anyone heard anything similar...I never really trust what these reps say as most of them don't know what they are talking about...but I hope its true
    02-27-09 01:58 AM
    seeing as the first is a Sunday I someone don't see that as likely. The second at best, but that's assuming any of that information was anywhere close to accurate.
    02-27-09 02:06 AM
    I know this wasn't directed @ me but I felt the same way when I first DL the
    .109. But now it's all laggy again, leaking app memory fairly quickly and my battery only last about 12 hours after a full charge.

Seriously, with VZW deal w/ the buy a Storm get a second Blackberry free they really need to get the new OS done and released otherwise they'll be getting abushed w/ calls, emails, returns etc
    That's okay, you answered the underlying question that I had: "Are you still happy with it now that the honeymoon period is over?".

The memory and battery issues are the most important ones IMO. Yes, there are some other frustrating problems, but these 2 should be a priority.

I wonder if iPhone users have the same problems. I'm guessing they did, in the beginning. The Storm will be an awesome phone w/in the year, and we do need to be patient. But RIM must deal with the major problems ASAP.
    02-27-09 08:27 AM
    Under 9530, Telus should be listed as a provider. There is an alternative to ****, oops, bell. :P
    02-27-09 09:14 PM
    Telus and Bell are now offering .109 OFFICIALLY!

i got it directly from the BB site :P

alright now let us have .150 GC
    02-28-09 03:06 AM
    recently upgraded to .109 from .75 and my phone seems to run slower, the clock shows up alot and some load times for pressing just the back button take up to like 8 seconds i hate how the fluidity of the storm was taken away, not that it was very fluid to begin with, but at least the bugs are at a minimum with the .75, my question is i have backup files of .75 from the upgrade and i have deleted .109 from my computer but do i need to wipe the phone with JLCmdr before downgrading? if i do will it help at all?
    02-28-09 12:45 PM
    recently upgraded to .109 from .75 and my phone seems to run slower, the clock shows up alot and some load times for pressing just the back button take up to like 8 seconds i hate how the fluidity of the storm was taken away, not that it was very fluid to begin with, but at least the bugs are at a minimum with the .75, my question is i have backup files of .75 from the upgrade and i have deleted .109 from my computer but do i need to wipe the phone with JLCmdr before downgrading? if i do will it help at all?
    Just follow the instructions on how to downgrade. You don't need to wipe.
    02-28-09 02:06 PM
638 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD