ok - im going to give in and ask a stupid question...lol

what is OS ?
    02-16-09 01:49 AM
    OS = operating system
    02-16-09 02:08 AM
    Hey is this os from greece an official release or should I wait for one from my carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 04:23 AM
    If you are on VodaFone in Greece, then yes, the .100 is an official release for you.
    02-16-09 09:14 AM
    Update to ver 100, my 9500 always get edge (not EDGE) after I pull out the battery. I do it many times but still get same trouble. Now i'm going to ver 78 and get stabilize EDGE. Anyone get same probem with me?
    02-16-09 08:21 PM
    Another possibly stupid question...even possibly answered between pgs 2-8, buuuuut, running VZW .75 OS (stock), which OS leak can I actually use with ease? Are they all pretty much compatible with the Storm at this point or does the OS need to be through the provider?

I ask because I travel so much that in the event I do install a leaked OS, it crashes and I can't fix it because I usually forget either my USB or the computer with the DM or I'm in a place without internet access and have forgotten how to reinstall the original OS.

any input is GREATLY appreciated
    02-18-09 01:36 AM
    Another possibly stupid question...even possibly answered between pgs 2-8, buuuuut, running VZW .75 OS (stock), which OS leak can I actually use with ease? Are they all pretty much compatible with the Storm at this point or does the OS need to be through the provider?

I ask because I travel so much that in the event I do install a leaked OS, it crashes and I can't fix it because I usually forget either my USB or the computer with the DM or I'm in a place without internet access and have forgotten how to reinstall the original OS.

any input is GREATLY appreciated
    Well in my experience...103 is pretty stable, and easy to install, but if it's critical that your berry works, and you can't afford crashes I'd stick with .75, but I do hafta say with 103 I havn't had any crashes or anything
    02-18-09 08:27 AM
    Where are the official updates that everyone said was coming in february?
    02-18-09 02:29 PM
    Rumor has it verizon is suppose to have one tomorrow..

..we'll see!
    02-20-09 01:36 AM
    Rumor has it verizon is suppose to have one tomorrow..

..we'll see!
    Well rumors are as fake as the person telling it to you. That's what i think.
    02-20-09 01:50 AM
    Has anyone ever noticed a pattern of time that these releases come out? I mean time of day, like 9:00 am est, or 12:00 am, etc.
    02-20-09 05:57 AM
    Well rumors are as fake as the person telling it to you. That's what i think.
    Every once in a while rumors come true. Hey, it gives hope to those of us who don't want to use beta.
    02-20-09 05:58 AM
    Every once in a while rumors come true. Hey, it gives hope to those of us who don't want to use beta.
    I'd love to see an official today, but I doubt it..just personal opinion, no basis for it, but with the time it's taken to get an update (which actually hasn't been that long), and .75 is pretty stable albeit slow, I don't see them releasing something till it's pretty much ironed out, and also with the app center coming out soon they might just put it in one package deal, but again that's all pure speculation.
    02-20-09 11:09 AM
    I'd love to see an official today, but I doubt it..just personal opinion, no basis for it, but with the time it's taken to get an update (which actually hasn't been that long), and .75 is pretty stable albeit slow, I don't see them releasing something till it's pretty much ironed out, and also with the app center coming out soon they might just put it in one package deal, but again that's all pure speculation.
    My Storm 9350 has an application center in it already.
    02-20-09 12:17 PM
    Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.141 (Multilanguage)
    File Name: 9500_omadrmEuropean_PBr4.7.0_rel141_PL4.0.0.124_A4 .7.0.100_Vodafone

New Release??????
    02-20-09 02:16 PM
    Looks like 4.7.0.100 to me
    Platform 4.7.0.141 ??
    02-20-09 03:44 PM
    My Storm 9350 has an application center in it already.
    Yeah, but it's supposedly being completely revamped
    02-20-09 05:15 PM
    I'm sure many of you have been aware of this for sometime. This is one of the reasons I'm suspicious of beta releases. This is from the How Beta's Are Leaked thread here in the CBF:

6. If you see beta OS releases coming in rapid sucession then you may be sure that there are problems with the base product. We went through this with OS 4.5.0 for the Curves. It was a nighmare because there were 4 Curve models to contend with. OSs were come about one a week at one point. There were all sorts of problems. Now, six months later we have a very stable product.

This to me is a clear indication of what is going on with Storm at this time. Now I feel fine with .75, it runs smooth as silk so long as application memory is available.

After trying .103 and reading the above this all makes sense. Just one more reason why I'll wait for an official release.

So I'll wait patiently (ha, that's a laugh) for the new OS. My logic tells me don't expect it soon but my fingers keep checking in here on a regular basis.
    Last edited by hookbill; 02-21-09 at 11:37 AM.
    02-21-09 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the input...so I will stick with my .75 until an official release then. Its doing what I need it to right now so good enough for me
    02-21-09 02:18 PM
    Im tying to upgrade to .106. but im running into a problem while backing up. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while trying to back up my Storm it gets to about half way through the backup process then it says error backing up database(s). The transfer in progress is Auto Text Data version. Anyone know what i need to do to fix this issue. I have already tried clearing my browser. Thanks
    02-21-09 09:21 PM
    I'm sure something is coming. Otherwise, I don't think the two reps and manager at Verizon all wouldn't have said on different occasions that there is a new OS coming soon. They all said that they were advised that their management had recently approved some kind of OS upgrade. It's just a matter of when it's released. I would figure something does need to happen, soon, before the App Store is launched. Otherwise, why would software developers want to create products for an OS that isn't stable. Would make them look bad, too!
    02-22-09 03:17 AM
    I'm sure something is coming. Otherwise, I don't think the two reps and manager at Verizon all wouldn't have said on different occasions that there is a new OS coming soon. They all said that they were advised that their management had recently approved some kind of OS upgrade. It's just a matter of when it's released. I would figure something does need to happen, soon, before the App Store is launched. Otherwise, why would software developers want to create products for an OS that isn't stable. Would make them look bad, too!
    What do you consider soon? A couple of days? Weeks? Some would say 6 months is soon. There was just an official update in December.

I'm running .75 and I have no problem with stability. I've found that application memory loss causes instability. To avoid this there are a few things you can do but primariliy installing quick pull and moving folders off the front of your screen seem to help the best.

This doesn't mean there shouldn't be an update because you really shouldn't have to do this. Still I feel it's better then a beta, which hasn't solved the issue yet.

And if I had a dollar for everyone who said "a rep from Verizon told me..."
    Last edited by hookbill; 02-22-09 at 09:11 AM.
    02-22-09 09:08 AM
    I hope to God we get something new soon..............I just cannot deal with all the bugs in this thing anymore.
    I don't want an I-Phone and I love the click............I guess I am screwed till they get this Battery, hourglass, re-boot, ect fixed up. I have not even really added any apps yet as just answering a call can be exciting....
    02-22-09 10:52 AM
    I hope to God we get something new soon..............I just cannot deal with all the bugs in this thing anymore.
    I don't want an I-Phone and I love the click............I guess I am screwed till they get this Battery, hourglass, re-boot, ect fixed up. I have not even really added any apps yet as just answering a call can be exciting....
    Is you memory applications under 20mb? Do a battery pull or download quick pull. Also there is in the help section some real good suggestions to make your Storm run smooth.

The .103 was full of constant hour glass spins. I tried it twice and I won't go back again. Once I got the app memory under control, it's smooth city.
    02-22-09 01:38 PM
    My .75 runs rather smooth, but at the pace of chilled honey. But it's a consistent sluggishness.
    02-22-09 04:37 PM
638 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD