I was at VZW corporate store two days ago and was chatting with rep and he asked what OS I was running, then told me "Official .83" was recently posted at Blackberry.com for download.

I've checked several times, I'm not getting it OTA via the phone or DM, and could not find it at BB.com either, but he insisted .83 was there.
    Yea I have been navi g the same problem. I looked for seomthing other than the .75 everywhere and found nothing.
    01-25-09 11:24 PM
    I just checked the blackberry site and they are still offering 4.7.075 as the official VZW OS.
    01-26-09 10:12 AM
    Same here..... nothing on OTA and tried Desktop Manager today..... still shows as latest OS being .75
    01-26-09 01:24 PM
    i dont think those verizon guys know what they're talkin bout
    01-26-09 01:30 PM
    It's highly unlikely they even would release .83. Visualize how the average non-crackberry consumer would react when their phone wouldn't even boot up properly and they didn't know what to do about it. Yep, increase those return rates!
    01-26-09 01:35 PM
    Called tech support at VZW...... the only official out there now is .75. They said that maybe in the next couple of weeks would be the next official OS update. But for now, only .75
    01-27-09 05:40 AM
    Rule #1 when it comes to Verizon: NEVER listen to a store or phone rep. Unless you know them personally.
    01-27-09 12:42 PM
    Rule #1 when it comes to Verizon: NEVER listen to a store or phone rep. Unless you know them personally.
    uhhh...that should be EVEN IF you know them personally
    01-27-09 12:45 PM
    question, im a telus subscriber, my storm keeps on randomly freezing when i xfer it from vertical to horizontal viewing, is that a known storm bug? and also more importantly i get a msg where it says ' sim card rejected' anyone else have that problem? i had to swap my first storm after 5hrs of ownership due to that...im currently using hte second one..and ive had that message once..any ideas?
    01-27-09 04:45 PM
    01-27-09 09:15 PM
    I usually don't listen to reps when it comes to releases of phones or firmware updates . I get better info here and on hofo!!
    01-28-09 04:33 AM
    I'll believe there's a release after I've installed it and checked "about" to see what OS is on my phone.
    01-29-09 07:14 AM
    the below was posted to day on the Voda UK eForum...thought I would share. This response is by a Voda UK forum moderator.

Hi XXXX,

I should probably give everyone fair warning that RIM like to keep any details around their firmware changes closely to their chest, so there is very little that I am really allowed to comment on - although I would LOVE to answer directly, most of my info is only in "reliable rumour" format at the moment, so it would be neither professional nor appropriate to make any false promises.

I can therefore only tell you what my current feelings are, and you'll have to take from that what you will wink.gif

I am confident that the signal issues will be resolved in the next firmware release, as well as most of the other large issues that people have been experiencing. This is probably why it's taking longer than usual.
    The firmware is still a way off, and all leaked versions so far are building up to that. I would expect the new milestone to be hit before March, but we will then need to approve, test and sign off on the new release, which always adds a neccessary chunk of time onto the end of the release date. How long that takes is a bit like asking for the length of a peice of string, but it does at least give a rough idea for the 1st Quarter of 2009, barring any major setbacks.

Even if the above turns out not to be the case after release, then alternative handsets and contract terminations are not going to be on the cards, as this issue WILL be fixed one way or another. Not fixing it is not an option for us at all.
    01-30-09 07:41 AM

Vodafone: 4.7.0.78
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

9530:

Bell Mobility: 4.7.0.76
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...646D38BC2145CA

Verizon: 4.7.0.75
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

To install the OS follow these directions:

1) Backup the device

2) Download and install the OS to your computer. (make sure the only OS installed to your computer is the one you want on your device)

3) Plug in device

4)Open DM

5) DM should prompt to update>Selcet Update Now
    Crucial...help me out.

I'm following the steps for the .76 download...i've removed the vendor.xml file...when open DM it recognizes the update...then begins the update but then returns the message that no software update required...what am i doing wrong here...
    01-30-09 07:46 PM
    Crucial...help me out.

I'm following the steps for the .76 download...i've removed the vendor.xml file...when open DM it recognizes the update...then begins the update but then returns the message that no software update required...what am i doing wrong here...
    Have you uninstalled all other OS versions from your PC?
    01-31-09 02:39 AM
    if I do this on my unlocked storm (bell) will I have to unlock the phone again .. I used both GSM and CDMA..
    01-31-09 10:53 AM
    I hope Bell upgrades from .76 soon.
    02-03-09 11:56 AM
    Can anyone tell me where i can find the original OS for the STORM V .75? The link on the first post just takes me to the Verizon website... I don't see where I can download V .75
    02-05-09 11:48 AM
    Can anyone tell me where i can find the original OS for the STORM V .75? The link on the first post just takes me to the Verizon website... I don't see where I can download V .75
    you shouldn't have upgraded
    now you're paying for it dearly
    02-05-09 12:06 PM
    you shouldn't have upgraded
    now you're paying for it dearly
    How do you figure? My storm worked much better for 2 months, the clicking is the only problem. And I just downloaded .75 and will return it to get new hardware then re-download the latest leaked version of the OS....

I think you are the one paying dearly with version .75 my friend...
    02-05-09 03:55 PM
    Im running .75 and never had any serious issues with the phone. Only irratating issue is call logs not being acurate. Im not taking my change with any leaked OS. However.... VZW.... whats up ??? WHen are your coming out with an update ?
    02-05-09 07:21 PM
    Im running .75 and never had any serious issues with the phone. Only irratating issue is call logs not being acurate. Im not taking my change with any leaked OS. However.... VZW.... whats up ??? WHen are your coming out with an update ?
    That is a very good question. The .75 upgrade was pretty good, but I assumed it was a short-term bug release.

I'm not going to fool around with "leaked" OS upgrades, because they are nothing more than Beta releases; and I don't feel like being a "tester". I'd prefer to have an official version that's fully supported.

That said, come one Verizon! It's been too long already!
    02-08-09 09:33 AM
    in the newer versions.. if you go into your contacts and update it.. once its updated does it go back to the original spot you were at? or does it go back to the top of your contact list? this was my only gripe about my phone,..
    02-08-09 02:20 PM
    I know this is going to be a dumb question but I need to ask it so I don't screw up my buddies storm. Is the Bell Mobility update the same as the Telus Mobility update?

He has a Telus storm and looking to do an OS update. Thanks guys n gals for the answer.
    02-08-09 04:49 PM
    The leaked OS updates are for the phone types. Does not matter who service carriers are. The service carriers with only release official updates. For instance VZW official Storm OS is .75, Crackberry has leaked .76 .78 .83 .85 .86 .90 .99.

Hope this helps
    02-08-09 05:38 PM
638 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD