The guys at my Verizon store told me today there are four upgrades coming "soon." When pressed about "soon" they said "within the next 30 days."

In other words, they have no clue.
    Four upgrades comming soon does not sound right?? Why do four different official upgrades close to each other. Can you imagine the confusion that would cause among the general non-sophisticated users.
    01-19-09 10:05 PM
    I don't believe that verizon will put so many updates out their at once. I do think that they are waiting for update that fixes a lot of the bugs on the phone and then they will offer it like as if they found it first.
    01-20-09 02:07 AM
    Very Strange Thomas..... I have had no such problems and have installed every update leaked or otherwise since the phone was released... (well not true.. i somehow missed .83) Have installed and uninstalled several 3rd party apps, am beta testing Bolt have 2 apps running in compatibility mode and i practically live on my phone it is a mission critical devise for me. .86 has been very stable and I have seen no big problems other than the battery drain.

the only devise associated problems I have experienced is the corner click prob. and the torx fix was spot on (they just have the mount screws too tight) and the extreeeeemly long reboot after a battery pull. I am very happy with the phone and each os is getting closer to a technical nirvana.
    I'd rather wait a little longer and wait for a good, solid, OS build then have them rush one out then have everyone b*tch about it. Also in regards to DavidDBlackwell I agree completely. I've installed every leaked OS so far with only very minor bugs. Can someone say "USER ERROR?!" to all the people who keep saying that their phone sucks?
    01-20-09 10:16 AM
    I'd rather wait a little longer and wait for a good, solid, OS build then have them rush one out then have everyone b*tch about it. Also in regards to DavidDBlackwell I agree completely. I've installed every leaked OS so far with only very minor bugs. Can someone say "USER ERROR?!" to all the people who keep saying that their phone sucks?
    Someone could say that, but that would just be arrogantly presumptuous.
    01-20-09 10:19 AM
    Someone could say that, but that would just be arrogantly presumptuous.
    I second this comment

So what your saying is that me getting the VZW screen of death during bootup and the fact that my phone was power cycling randomly is user error huh.
    Like to see you explain exactly what i could have done wrong to cause those problems................
    01-20-09 02:12 PM
    Can anyone help? I'm on AT&T, tried the Storm on Verizon, then went back to AT&T with the Bold.... love it, but liked some of the options of the Storm, especially the larger landscape screen for the internet. The one thing that I really miss about the Bold is the Cellular Video, which gives some full episodes of TV shows.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there any way of getting AT&T's Cellular Video on the Storm?

Thank you!!!!
    Holy misplaced posts Batman..............

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 05:29 PM
    Wrong thread! My bad!
    Last edited by BlackBerryStormTrooper; 01-21-09 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Wrong thread!
    01-21-09 11:46 PM
    Can someone help!! I just put .90 on Storm and it is seems okay other than slow when switching between apps. ON the BB Desktop software, I still have .85 OS too, how do I get rid of that? When I have upgraded b4, it seemed to overwrite the previous OS.
    01-22-09 02:29 PM
    Disregard, I found my answer.
    01-22-09 02:44 PM
    So what is the latest official OS for the storm?
    01-22-09 03:09 PM
    So what is the latest official OS for the storm?

latest 'official' os is .75
    01-22-09 04:36 PM
    What are the chances that the next official release will actually be 1.0 (as opposed to .9x)? Any rumors floating around as to what beta releases beyond .90 may be in testing?
    01-22-09 08:13 PM
    in order to get the official update when it comes out do u have to be on the verizon plan?? cause i have an unlocked storm for t-mobile i hope not cause then im screwed with .75 forever?? or it doenst matter??
    01-24-09 09:03 PM
    The 15th has come and gone. Why are there so many "leaks" and not one official update! The reps keep telling me the same bs.
    01-24-09 11:52 PM
    I just plugged my storm in and it downloaded a new os. I went from .75 to.83

v4.7.0.93 [Platform 4.0.0.105]
    01-25-09 01:15 AM
    Good evening, will I be able to use the wireless update feature if I am running the Storm on T-mobile?
    01-25-09 01:47 AM

Can you clarify if this is .93 or .83?

Crackberry would have been all over it by now if a .93 was released
    01-25-09 07:28 AM
    It's .83

I check for updates every few days and didn't see anything on here about it. All I can find is stuff about .86 and .90 leaked versions. This was an official upgrade btw, not a leaked version.
    01-25-09 07:56 AM
    I checked this morning for OTA updates on VZW and nothing. Still running here on .75.
    01-25-09 08:01 AM
    Official OS .83?
    Wireless Upgrade: No Upgrades Available.
    Desktop Manager: No Upgrades Available.
    01-25-09 12:09 PM
    does anyone know when the OS 4.7.0.90 will be released? i know everyone is downloading the beta version, but i was going to wait till it fully came out cause i have heard things like it will mess up your phone if done incorrectly, and i really dont want to mess my BB up. So does anyone know when it will be fully released?
    01-25-09 12:50 PM
    does anyone know when the OS 4.7.0.90 will be released? i know everyone is downloading the beta version, but i was going to wait till it fully came out cause i have heard things like it will mess up your phone if done incorrectly, and i really dont want to mess my BB up. So does anyone know when it will be fully released?
    I HIGHLY doubt that .90 will be an officially released version.
    01-25-09 12:55 PM
    I HIGHLY doubt that .90 will be an officially released version.
    well do you have any idea when i new release of a OS will be released or anything?
    01-25-09 12:57 PM
    Official OS .83?
    Wireless Upgrade: No Upgrades Available.
    Desktop Manager: No Upgrades Available.
    Don't know what to say bud. I plugged it in to Desktop manager, checked for updates and it downloaded .83 to my phone. I could post an SS if you want.
    01-25-09 06:07 PM

I was at VZW corporate store two days ago and was chatting with rep and he asked what OS I was running, then told me "Official .83" was recently posted at Blackberry.com for download.

I've checked several times, I'm not getting it OTA via the phone or DM, and could not find it at BB.com either, but he insisted .83 was there.
    01-25-09 07:19 PM
638 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD