Here's the Telus Mobility 4.7.0.76 link:

h ttps://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0
    01-11-09 02:12 PM
    Isnt there something you have to delete in order to install a foreign OS? such as the Bell update.
    01-11-09 06:28 PM
    Isnt there something you have to delete in order to install a foreign OS? such as the Bell update.
    From Don's guide

If you are NOT on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It�s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    So if you're trying to install the Bell update and your phone is Verison or Telus then the same rule applies
    01-11-09 06:39 PM
    what is the best way to back up the device on a mac? i have pocket mac and it only syncs but i cant find the files on my mac
    01-12-09 04:49 PM
    What happened to the .87 that was all the rage on here a few days ago? I see now all the threads regarding that OS are locked, whats up?
    01-12-09 10:32 PM
    I just found a post about the latest post started by CX. It says (by Sun Craccker) that the latest version is .85 (today around 8pm). Does it mean that an imminent release of this OS is coming?
    01-13-09 08:57 PM
    If I were to install the leaked .86 beta and then the next official Verizon OTA release turned out to also be .86, would my phone still let me know there was an official update and let me install it OTA?
    01-13-09 09:50 PM
    Does anyone know how to download the leaked .85 software for the storm on a mac?
    01-13-09 11:07 PM
    Does anyone know how to download the leaked .85 software for the storm on a mac?
    Can't. Have to use a PC or wait for official updates that are OTA.
    01-13-09 11:35 PM
    All I can say is I hope the new Official release is NOT .86. It did not work out so well on my Storm!
    01-14-09 12:47 PM
    All I can say is I hope the new Official release is NOT .86. It did not work out so well on my Storm!
    im sure if .86 was released officially which i don't think it will be, i think there would be some changes made that would improve the actual operating system
    01-14-09 10:14 PM
    im sure if .86 was released officially which i don't think it will be, i think there would be some changes made that would improve the actual operating system
    I'm not sure how many times I have to post this--> There is NO difference between a leaked version and the Official version except the Vendor Xml file. None. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Zero.
    01-14-09 10:17 PM
    Can't. Have to use a PC or wait for official updates that are OTA.
    Yes there is. If you have access to vmware you can make a virtual pc on your mac. This is how I update my storm. Make sure though you use an xp version. That os is quicker than vista and 7. So there is you pc to upgrade your storm on your mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PGAPRO; 01-15-09 at 07:59 AM.
    01-15-09 07:40 AM
    I have read a lot about .85 and .86 but it seems that everything works different for everyone. The only stable version seems to be .75 . (again just from reading)
    Today is the 15th and I dont see the offical update available for download so I will probably go to .85 since it seems to be liked by more.

Side question ( when I install my storm and load) the DL its asking me for a password, but I dont remember putting one in.
    Any suggestions on resetting it or finding it somewhere?
    01-15-09 09:17 AM
    I'm not sure how many times I have to post this--> There is NO difference between a leaked version and the Official version except the Vendor Xml file. None. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Zero.
    Prove it send us your leaked .87
    01-15-09 10:32 AM
    Side question ( when I install my storm and it loads) the ML its asking me for a password after populating my pin device, but I dont remember putting one in.
    Any suggestions on resetting it or finding it somewhere?

Anyone have any idea
    01-15-09 04:14 PM
    anyone know why the update hasnt been released yet? i figured it would be available early like the last one was.
    01-15-09 05:52 PM
    Verizon must not be satisfied with the versions they've been provided. Our experience with the "leaked" versions would certainly make their reticence to release something that's not "production ready".

I do a lot of software testing for systems that host ~400k customers, I couldn't in good conscience release anything I've seen leaked on my customers.
    01-15-09 06:55 PM
    anyone know why the update hasnt been released yet? i figured it would be available early like the last one was.
    I have a friend in tech support and she said it was going to be February from what they are seeing right now before another s/u is officially released. My .75 is good enough - for now.
    01-16-09 09:59 AM
    I have a friend in tech support and she said it was going to be February from what they are seeing right now before another s/u is officially released. My .75 is good enough - for now.
    Im on my third Storm, The one i have now, like the ones before, just reboots randomly. I need an update. I need it now. This is getting so frustrating...Third phone and its still doing this? I mean come on I pick up the phone to make a call and its going though a boot up? please, these things are junk...for now. They may stay junk, who knows.
    01-16-09 10:28 AM
    God im hoping its earlier then that b/c my leaked .85 is driving me insane.
    01-16-09 11:06 AM
    Everyone is running around trying the new OSes and I see most having more problems than not. I guess its situational.. I'm on 75 and it took some time, but its awesome now. Used to lose mem. Fast now it stays at a consistent 38.3 and rarely goes down. I use several 3rd party apps including quickpull. Weird. Knock on wood.. Right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:45 AM
    The guys at my Verizon store told me today there are four upgrades coming "soon." When pressed about "soon" they said "within the next 30 days."

In other words, they have no clue.
    01-16-09 11:28 PM
    Im on my third Storm, The one i have now, like the ones before, just reboots randomly. I need an update. I need it now. This is getting so frustrating...Third phone and its still doing this? I mean come on I pick up the phone to make a call and its going though a boot up? please, these things are junk...for now. They may stay junk, who knows.
    Very Strange Thomas..... I have had no such problems and have installed every update leaked or otherwise since the phone was released... (well not true.. i somehow missed .83) Have installed and uninstalled several 3rd party apps, am beta testing Bolt have 2 apps running in compatibility mode and i practically live on my phone it is a mission critical devise for me. .86 has been very stable and I have seen no big problems other than the battery drain.

the only devise associated problems I have experienced is the corner click prob. and the torx fix was spot on (they just have the mount screws too tight) and the extreeeeemly long reboot after a battery pull. I am very happy with the phone and each os is getting closer to a technical nirvana.
    01-17-09 03:52 PM
    Can anyone help? I'm on AT&T, tried the Storm on Verizon, then went back to AT&T with the Bold.... love it, but liked some of the options of the Storm, especially the larger landscape screen for the internet. The one thing that I really miss about the Bold is the Cellular Video, which gives some full episodes of TV shows.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there any way of getting AT&T's Cellular Video on the Storm?

Thank you!!!!
    01-17-09 04:46 PM
638 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD