are messing with my brain. I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330. sometimes it freezes, and it can be a little temperamental. But other than that I love Blackberry's and I don't think that I will ever own another phone. With that being said, I am consistently hearing people bi!@# and complain about the storm. Are the people that do not like it first time blackberry users and just don't know what they're doing and are unwilling to take the time to learn how to actually use the phone? Or is the 9350 storm really worth the buy? I am like ecstatic to get this phone next weekend, and I need some solid advice on if this is the blackberry to get.

PS. I don't want to wait for a phone to come out. lol I want a phone NOW.
    06-25-09 02:37 PM
    if youve owned a blackberry device before, this is going to be somewhat of an interesting experience to you...i think you should get it. afterall it is the leading line of blackberries.
    06-25-09 02:38 PM
    interesting experience? In a good way? I'm super good with my curve and I know all of the in's and out's of it. I think my favorite thing when I got my first blackberry was sitting there, reading the manual, and learning all about my phone. I really wanted to enjoy it. and the storm just seems amazing to me
    06-25-09 02:42 PM
    While I totally love my Storm, I have to admit that it's not for everyone.

The only thing that bugs me about my storm is how the next person's storm can behave completely differently though running the same OS, installed apps, themes, etc. If we could get 99% of the hardware having the SAME issues, then I believe RIM would be able to rectify many of the things people are complaining about.

Until then, there's a 50/50% chance that you will love it.

Bet that really helped you decide, didnt it? LOL.
    06-25-09 02:46 PM
    if your already used to the blackberry OS, then this is gonna be a great experience. Its really fun to play movies on it, its really clear. The screen is so soft. I like the blue color that illuminates the screen when you type.
    06-25-09 02:46 PM
    are messing with my brain. I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330. sometimes it freezes, and it can be a little temperamental. But other than that I love Blackberry's and I don't think that I will ever own another phone. With that being said, I am consistently hearing people bi!@# and complain about the storm. Are the people that do not like it first time blackberry users and just don't know what they're doing and are unwilling to take the time to learn how to actually use the phone? Or is the 9350 storm really worth the buy? I am like ecstatic to get this phone next weekend, and I need some solid advice on if this is the blackberry to get.

I came from a 8330 and I LOVE my Storm! You are right as alot of people didn't/don't have the patience with it and expected it to be like the second coming of Christ. It does have a learning curve, but it is fairly quick. I though I was in love with BB when I got my Curve, now it is an obsession. Awesome device and would highly recommend!

Good Luck!
    06-25-09 02:47 PM
    Yes and has anyone noticed that our keyboards look nicer than the iPhones???
    06-25-09 02:49 PM
    I came from a 8330 and I LOVE my Storm! You are right as alot of people didn't/don't have the patience with it and expected it to be like the second coming of Christ. It does have a learning curve, but it is fairly quick. I though I was in love with BB when I got my Curve, now it is an obsession. Awesome device and would highly recommend!

Good Luck!
    haha uh oh, YOU have convinced me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-25-09 02:50 PM
    haha uh oh, YOU have convinced me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NICE!!!! That's what I like to hear. So one thing that I forgot to mention was that I bought my Storm used off Craigslist and have had not one single issue with my device. I have no idea how people have gone through more than 5 devices, let alone 2. I am an avid pocket user and i only have 2 dust specs and I have had it for several months now.
    06-25-09 02:58 PM

I own a Storm, from DAY ONE. Loving it! Really! It took awhile, but the new .148 OS on it has taken out the hassles and allowed the phone to at last be what it should have always been. Make sure you get .148 OS or download it. I went from .75 to .148. I run several themes. Love xCite by KD, and Appleberry Glass by Andrew Hastings best! I have a lot of extra stuff on my Storm, and it simply runs. I do use the automated Quick Pull which automates the reboot of the phone. I run it everynight. I do keep my phone on charger at home and at work, but really, it doesn't use all that much. GET IT, you really will love it. Also, once I got used to typing on the screen with the slight screen push, I type as fast as I did on my old Palm Treo 650 keyboard. It may take a bit of getting used to, but not very long. Did I mention get it? Really, don't delay, get yourself a Storm!
    Last edited by buckken; 06-25-09 at 03:14 PM. Reason: improve
    06-25-09 03:09 PM
    I own a Storm. Loving it! Really! It took awhile, but the new .148 OS on it has taken out the hassles and allowed the phone to at last be what it should have always been. Make sure you get .148 OS or download it. I went from .75 to .148. I run several themes. Love xCite by KD, and Appleberry Glass by Andrew Hastings best! I have a lot of extra stuff on my Storm, and it simply runs. I do use the automated Quick Pull which automates the reboot of the phone. I run it everynight. I do keep my phone on charger at home and at work, but really, it doesn't use all that much. GET IT, you really will love it. Also, once I got used to typing on the screen with the slight screen push, I type as fast as I did on my old Palm Treo 650 keyboard. It may take a bit of getting used to, but not very long. Did I mention get it? Really, don't delay, get yourself a Storm!
    andd the camera quality is highly acceptable.
    06-25-09 03:14 PM
    andd the camera quality is highly acceptable.
    good point. Also, sound, with headphone, rivals my iTouch! Really, I put them side-by-side, listened to the same album on each and could not tell the difference. What I DID notice is the screen on my Storm showing the album was MUCH brighter and clearer than on my iTouch. I had not expected that!

So, a lot to love on the Storm.
    06-25-09 03:17 PM
    OK something to consider.... Are you switching to Verizon, or do you plan on getting an unlocked Storm? While you CAN use an unlocked Storm on Tmobile, you will not get full 3G, you are limited to EDGE in North America. (Or are you European Tmo?) If you are Euro get the 9500 GSM Storm.

Also if you are going to Verizon, you MAY (should) have another option within a few weeks, or a months or so, called the BB Tour, or 9630. It's like a Curve on steroids.

You might get the Storm then if you don't like it AND if you time it right switch to the Tour within the 30 days. Estimates (unconfirmed) suggest the Tour will come out mid to late July.

I love my Storm, quirks and all!

EDIT: I moved this thread to BB Discussion, it's not really a rumor or news thread.
    06-25-09 03:19 PM
    most people that hat it have had a BB before. They prefer the physical keyboard, and so the lack there of is a dealbreaker. If you like the iphone somewhat, then you'll like the sotrm.
    06-25-09 03:25 PM
    most people that hat it have had a BB before. They prefer the physical keyboard, and so the lack there of is a dealbreaker. If you like the iphone somewhat, then you'll like the sotrm.
    completely wrong. there is no way that this is an educated response. Please retire. The iPhone is NOTHING like the Storm.
    06-25-09 03:51 PM
    OK something to consider.... Are you switching to Verizon, or do you plan on getting an unlocked Storm? While you CAN use an unlocked Storm on Tmobile, you will not get full 3G, you are limited to EDGE in North America. (Or are you European Tmo?) If you are Euro get the 9500 GSM Storm.

Also if you are going to Verizon, you MAY (should) have another option within a few weeks, or a months or so, called the BB Tour, or 9630. It's like a Curve on steroids.

You might get the Storm then if you don't like it AND if you time it right switch to the Tour within the 30 days. Estimates (unconfirmed) suggest the Tour will come out mid to late July.

I love my Storm, quirks and all!

EDIT: I moved this thread to BB Discussion, it's not really a rumor or news thread.
    i'm floating from one friends plan to anothers on verizon. unless if the new curve is touchscreen with a full keyboard, kind of like the treo, id rather have the storm..........
    06-25-09 04:00 PM
    completely wrong. there is no way that this is an educated response. Please retire. The iPhone is NOTHING like the Storm.
    Do you care to explain? Touch screen (sure slightly different in the surepress sense, but very similar), no physical keyboard, very media friendly, more bells and whistles, not as performance focused.

I agree, the storm is better than the iPhone in so many ways, but the iPhone is superior in some ways too. You can't deny, though, that RIM was trying to compete with the iPhone when they made the storm, and because of that they are extremely similar.
    06-26-09 09:31 AM
    I am consistently hearing people bi!@# and complain about the storm.
    Keep firmly in mind when perusing any forum on the web that many companies actually pay people to participate in forums and shill for, and against, certain devices.

IOW, it should not be a surprise to learn that much of what you see stands a good chance of having no basis in reality and should always be taken with the proverbial grain of salt, at least until you have the opportunity to make a personal decision based on your actual needs and personal use.

Personally, I like my Storm and would purchase another if something happened to this one. It serves my needs quite well, but it may not serve yours ... only you can determine that, so don't let paid shills, fools, fanboys, and bored nitwits make up your mind for you.
    06-26-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD