Well that sucks.
    And that's funny!
    05-21-09 01:36 PM
    you know..im not gonna act like im happy with my storm. Im not gonna lie to myself and say it is good to me when its not. But even i have to agree this thread sucks! I simply cant wait for the tour..
    Then tour your rear end on outa here.......
    Not being mean mods.
    05-21-09 01:44 PM
    Why do you dumb people feel the need to compare this phone to a Car???! So stupid!

Storm 1 owners did get screwed fool! No one cares about the fact that Storm 2 is coming out! What we are concerned with is the FACT that VZW/RIM have yet to support the OS (NOT THE PHYSICAL PHONE) THE OS.... for all you morons who compare this thing to a car or TV!

No Sh8t new stuff comes out! only a dumb a**, kind of like the ones who compare phones to tv's or automobiles! Technology makers will always try to out do themselves!

But when we have to rely on bootleg updates to make us feel better about a phone we hang on to hoping this company would notice they have loyal customers just to screw em, well yeah! we can Bit**.. you don't like it, get on outta here

JUST PLEASE STOP COMPARING A PHONE TO A CAR!!!!

Oh yeah, and did the 8900 have sh** for an OS????? hmmmmmmmm, let's keep it real hear people, quit showing how dumb you are!

Apples to Apples, not donuts to onion rings!
    Other carriers have released a new OS except for Verizon. You have your carrier to blame
    05-21-09 01:46 PM
    Why do you dumb people feel the need to compare this phone to a Car???! So stupid!

Storm 1 owners did get screwed fool! No one cares about the fact that Storm 2 is coming out! What we are concerned with is the FACT that VZW/RIM have yet to support the OS (NOT THE PHYSICAL PHONE) THE OS.... for all you morons who compare this thing to a car or TV!

No Sh8t new stuff comes out! only a dumb a**, kind of like the ones who compare phones to tv's or automobiles! Technology makers will always try to out do themselves!

But when we have to rely on bootleg updates to make us feel better about a phone we hang on to hoping this company would notice they have loyal customers just to screw em, well yeah! we can Bit**.. you don't like it, get on outta here

JUST PLEASE STOP COMPARING A PHONE TO A CAR!!!!

Oh yeah, and did the 8900 have sh** for an OS????? hmmmmmmmm, let's keep it real hear people, quit showing how dumb you are!

Apples to Apples, not donuts to onion rings!
    Agreed..would you buy a Lamborghini that has to wait for a update to be able to reach maximum potential? The saddest part of it all is the fact that the Storm OS will never be able to maximize its potential. A damn shame honestly. It isn't about catching up with technology, it's about spending big bucks out of our pockets on technology that was half-*** developed. I don't understand how a person can be happy with the crap we got for the money we spent. Dust under the screen is a known problem for many electronics but having a screen full of dust within a few months is clearly unacceptable. Having my phone shut off in the middle of a conference call is even more unacceptable.
    05-21-09 01:47 PM
    Other carriers have released a new OS except for Verizon. You have your carrier to blame
    Um HELLO, that's what we're doing, in case you haven't noticed all the hate VZW is getting on these boards....
    05-21-09 02:02 PM
    And the other carriers are experiencing problems with their release.

.148 is being tested most likely. IF (and it's a big IF) RIM produced an OS that passes Verizon's standards (they are the highest), it will come out. If not, then maybe the next one will. If not, then you get the idea.

Will there be a rebate for Storm 1 owners when Storm 2 comes out? Who knows, who cares, why bother. Being on the bleeding edge of technology has its pain. Who did the early adoption to Win95? XP? Vista? Zune? Even the iPod? Do you think it was a smooth transition? Get real. It sucked at first.

Having been involved in technology since a 286 was a neat thing, I have seen all "new" things have their issues. NOTHING has been spared the flaming and ridicule from a frustrated buying public wanting to own the lastest and greatest thing on the market. Forums like this just make it easier for people to vent.

There was a recent posting on blackberryos.com about a 'VZW insider' saying Storm 2's release is imminent. I call BS. Pictures of the Thunder appeared months before the release date. Even so-called official unofficial hands on videos appeared last year around this time. Imminent? Yeah, right.

Unhappy with the Storm? You have options. You can work with MR1 (.75), try the leaked OSes, or you can buy another phone from the carrier, or a third party, and wait to see what happens. Maybe you will wait until other people have gone through the pains of being the 'first'.

While it is fine for people venting their frusrations, let's stop lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks, folks. I love my Storm, I walked into it with both eyes open once MR1 came out, and have used most of the leaks that have come out. MR2 will happen, and it will be better than what is out there. Look at the threads from each of the leaked OSes forum. Each and everyone of them has people touting it as the best thing since sliced bread, and that VZW should release it immediately. Each time a new OS comes out, it happens again. VZW will not release an OS again without it having the best chance of not causing major headaches for their customer base and their support teams. This process will take time. In the meantime, leak away. I will check out the new flavor. If it works, I will keep it. If not, I will change back to what worked best before the newest came out.

I guess these forums are a good place to vent, afterall.
    Last edited by vzwcttech; 05-21-09 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-21-09 03:00 PM
    If your only beef with the Storm and Vzw is the lack of a new OS update for the Storm, that beef will be over soon enough. If You are one of the people who got the Storm and now feel left out in the rain, get use to it. I have been with Vzw for a very long time and they were never in a rush to push out upgrades to OS'es. Even back in my winmo days You either got a cooked Rom or waited forever for an upgrade. Last but not least some people feel locked into contract with the Storm and have a bad case of the Storm 2 envy. I suggest You throw your Storm 1 on Ebay and try and get a sucker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 03:00 PM
    Um HELLO, that's what we're doing, in case you haven't noticed all the hate VZW is getting on these boards....
    People are also saying that all of RIM's focus is on the storm 2.
    05-21-09 03:38 PM
    My Storm had a pretty sturdy screen, then I dropped it a couple of times (on solid concrete) now the screen is loose =) but it survived the crash. So I don't think all these phones come with a loose screen, mine had a very sturdy screen until it was dropped.
    05-21-09 03:46 PM
    after reading all the posts on this thread, the problem I have, and no one has made this point yet, is the argument from some people is that technology advances. That is all well and good and I can accept that when there is an upgrade. But this isn't an upgrade, this is an admission of design flaw and have redesigned the phone. The storm 2 as it appears has no technological differences in terms of advancement and seems to be identical to our phone.

People have compared this to cars. Well if there is a design flaw the car company usually fixes it on their tab. I know this from personal experience as I was a Mazda RX-8 owner.
    05-21-09 03:54 PM
    I can accept that when there is an upgrade. But this isn't an upgrade, this is an admission of design flaw and have redesigned the phone. The storm 2 as it appears has no technological differences in terms of advancement and seems to be identical to our phone.
    Mostly every software and hardware advance is an answer to some "design flaw" that involves some "redesign." Like really... Why are people mad that there's a new Storm coming out? Is it b/c they will feel like their phones will be neglected and nolonger supported or is that they feel that soon they won't have the newest item out? Man really... The Storm 2 has been shown running 4.7. Support for non-surepress touch screen devices CLEARLY will be included when all devices OSs are rebranded under the 5.0 number. SOOOO logic says you will still get software updates for a long time. Support will not be cut-off... duh.
    05-21-09 04:37 PM
    WOW... This thread is deep. Its just a phone, not a woman.
    05-21-09 05:04 PM
    after reading all the posts on this thread, the problem I have, and no one has made this point yet, is the argument from some people is that technology advances. That is all well and good and I can accept that when there is an upgrade. But this isn't an upgrade, this is an admission of design flaw and have redesigned the phone. The storm 2 as it appears has no technological differences in terms of advancement and seems to be identical to our phone.

People have compared this to cars. Well if there is a design flaw the car company usually fixes it on their tab. I know this from personal experience as I was a Mazda RX-8 owner.
    i agree i dont see any thing different from s1 to s2 other than the press screen would ppl be mad if the s-2 os comes out in 4.7 lol who's laughing now. am happy the phones are coming out faster etc.. but if it doesnt have wifi is there a differents from s-1 to s-2 still???dont forget its vzw we'll talking about
    05-21-09 05:15 PM
    +1 for me. The original OS with the Storm was crap and made it horrible. But with these recent leaked OS'es, I love my Storm.

The hardware device isn't that bad. It is a fairly good device.
    05-21-09 05:40 PM
    Mostly every software and hardware advance is an answer to some "design flaw" that involves some "redesign." Like really... Why are people mad that there's a new Storm coming out? Is it b/c they will feel like their phones will be neglected and nolonger supported or is that they feel that soon they won't have the newest item out? Man really... The Storm 2 has been shown running 4.7. Support for non-surepress touch screen devices CLEARLY will be included when all devices OSs are rebranded under the 5.0 number. SOOOO logic says you will still get software updates for a long time. Support will not be cut-off... duh.
    What you refer to is not design flaw where the device or software fails because of x,y, or z. (Vista good example). Most advances is due to either making something more efficient or improving it in some way.

I don't remember when I was complaining about having fear about the Storm not having support in the future, so I don't understand why that statement was made.
    05-21-09 08:22 PM
    For Storm 1 owners interested in an upgrade, be sure to let VZW know your thoughts that you want a free trade-in for the Storm 2. Strength in numbers; the more people who write, the greater our chances of being heard. Email them via the below link:

VZW web contact form
    05-21-09 08:24 PM
    Why do people think they are getting screwed? My god, it just a circuit board covered in cheap plastic. Your life should not revolve around your phone. People have 30 days to exchange their phone if they don't like it. People who kept it beyond the 30 days with all the problems hoping for some "miracle" to make their phones all better, deserve to get "screwed"
    05-21-09 09:26 PM
    Shame on all the "nay sayers".
    Without testing, sometimes through actual usage, there is no improvement.
    Not that I don't love my Storm, it just doesn't always love me back, but heck, I've been in relationships that treated me worse. So the Storm is great and the Storm2 can only be better.
    05-21-09 09:35 PM
    BTW~ We've all had a say in helping to improve the Storm with our feedback, and BlackBerry IS listening cause they started a great new site. I can't remember the name, but I have it bookmarked on my BB
    05-21-09 09:36 PM
    My storm works just fine, bought it in January and have not issues with it. I run lots of leaked OS's and still NO PROBLEMS.
    05-22-09 08:56 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD