I don't understand why people get so pissed because another touch screen BB is coming so soon after the Storm came out? What's the big deal? And why do people think RIM or Verizon owes them anything, that they should get the Storm at discount??

You signed a 2 or 3 year agreement, that you would use the service and the Storm. So what if a new product comes out, you signed an agreement and purchased the Storm.

If you buy a Honda Civic, and if you and everyone else think it sucks, then Honda comes out with the Civic 2010 do you expect Honda or the dealership you purchased your car at to give you any type of discount or replace your vehicle?

Did the Bold owners felt screwed over when the 8900 or the 9630 was announced?
    While I don't completely disagree with your points, I'm not sure that your comparisions are valid to the storm 1 to storm 2 debate....

First, a car company typically keeps a body style for several years--its too expensive to make major changes every 6 months.

Second, the Bold is a different product line than the 8900 that is catered to different users and I would rather have the Bold. And really, the 9630 is a CDMA device that is going to Verizon--different carriers, so its not even the same thing.

Third, who signs a 3-year cell agreement?

Here's the thing that storm owners are upset about: the fact that they bought into a device that should never have been released when it was. Some could argue that it still should not have been released in its current state. And to add insult to injury, there are rumors that a newer version is releasing 6 months from its initial release and there hasn't even been an official updated OS since the band-aid they put out a few weeks post launch.

Now, does Verizon owe its customers a rebate? No. But they should think long and hard about it. Do you remember when the original iPhone came out and less than 6 months they discontinued the 4gb model and lowered the price? I do. And I also remember Apple giving in-store refunds to the early adopters because they realized it was kind of a slap in the face.

I've been lurking on here for several months and just now starting to post some things, but I really don't get how people are happy with 0.75. I was in the camp with those that refused to load any of the leaked OS's onto their phone because I didn't want some freak thing to happen that would void my warranty. Well, two weeks ago I dove into .132 and its a huge relief. It isn't perfect, but I am content with my phone's performace now. 0.75 was plagued with random resets (at least 4 or 5 a day for me), in call crashes, and absolutely horrid OS response. There are great things about this phone, but the bottom line is that the phone should never have been released when it was.
    05-20-09 05:11 PM
    It's just a standard product lifecycle though... This isn't the first or last time something like this will happen.

Even if it is a slap in the face to current customers, more than you think will re-buy the new model and even if they don't the attraction rate for the new model would far outweigh the losses of the old model customers. If apple didn't give a rebate for the older models do you think people wouldn't rebuy in significant enough quantities? yeah right....
    05-20-09 05:27 PM
    Dude you are pyschotic...people like you are the type of people who shoot up their ex-employers office. Pick up your phone and call a psychiatrist
    05-20-09 06:02 PM
    It's just a standard product lifecycle though... This isn't the first or last time something like this will happen.

Even if it is a slap in the face to current customers, more than you think will re-buy the new model and even if they don't the attraction rate for the new model would far outweigh the losses of the old model customers. If apple didn't give a rebate for the older models do you think people wouldn't rebuy in significant enough quantities? yeah right....
    The issue is more about the fact that current gen 1 owners feel abandoned at the lack of official updates and company eyes are already upon the release of the next best thing. If this conversation was taking place in October instead of now, I wouldn't be perturbed at all.

Again, Verizon and RIM don't owe us anything. It was our fault jumping in early. However, I would view a rebate as a good-will gesture to customers. I know that I will have an extremely difficult time justifying staying with Verizon if this happens and I've been with them for almost 9 years--there are other issues but they have nothing to do with the Storm, so I won't digress.

I completely disagree with regards to your last comment. Apple has always had a cult following--people will keep buying their products regardless of what they put out. Plus, the iPods virtually saved the company and has really breathed life into the company since launch. Even further, most of the Apple-fans are content to pay the 'Apple Tax'--heck, even the Simpsons parodied this well known fact.

I'm not saying RIM doesn't command the same following, but I actually see people more devout to Apple products than RIM products just because Apple makes more than just phones and thus has broader appeal.
    05-20-09 06:15 PM
    lol, the storm is infested with glitches lmao, im just glad i went for the bold, it is truly a high performance phone ^_^.
    05-20-09 06:18 PM
    I'm not saying RIM doesn't command the same following, but I actually see people more devout to Apple products than RIM products just because Apple makes more than just phones and thus has broader appeal.
    They do though. Perhaps it's not as consumer centric, but they have dug themselves in pretty deep in several areas that Apple has not.

Based on commercial advertisements and general public exposure, perhaps. But that isn't exactly a telling number...
    05-20-09 07:00 PM

Third, who signs a 3-year cell agreement?
    I did, with Bell Canada, the agreement is 3 years
    05-20-09 07:02 PM
    I did, with Bell Canada, the agreement is 3 years
    Ah, I didn't realize they had those--sorry to hear that. Do they not have these in the states?
    05-20-09 08:00 PM
    They do though. Perhaps it's not as consumer centric, but they have dug themselves in pretty deep in several areas that Apple has not.

Based on commercial advertisements and general public exposure, perhaps. But that isn't exactly a telling number...
    Well thats fine. I guess we'll just agree to disagree Cheers.
    05-20-09 08:01 PM
    That was pretty rude to the OP. If you don't like this thread, instead of hurting his feelings, why not simply click the back button?

This site is a community.
    05-20-09 08:44 PM
    i loved the storm with .75 but got interested in the leaks and upgraded... the phone is even more amazing now if youre unhappy you should give a leak a spin and see what you think
    05-20-09 09:29 PM
    Thanks to the op for giving me a good laugh. amazing how verizon makes some of us feel.
    05-20-09 09:34 PM
    I've had my storm since Valentines day( I was smart Buy one get one free) so I bought one for my wife for Valentines day..see how that works out But back to the subject I actually love my storm sure I don't use mine for business like probably most of you or maybe not. I've had no major issues with mine nor has my wife, as for everyone giving verizon a hard time, it was stated earlier, Verizon didnt make the phone they just sell the phones!
    05-20-09 09:57 PM
    So this is my plan:

Every time I go into the local Verizon store, (which is quite often, due to the storms "quality") there is some poor sap buying a storm. Usually a few...
    I always want to warn them that they are making a HUGE mistake and there best bet is to go buy a Pearl or something that works.

But, now that the Storm 2 is being released I feel even worse. So this is what I think we should do:

We should all go in to our local verizon stores and put this picture on the phones as their homescreen image...warning the people that they are about to commit a $200 mistake
    I love my storm. I dont have any issues or problems with it what so ever. I dont know why everyone knocks the phone soo much and why soo many people whine all the time and all the negative threads about the phone are getting a little old. It's a personal choice, personal preference, etc.
    If I had to do it all over again I would purchase the Storm in a heart beat. I hope the Storm 2 is a better build of the Storm 1 but IMO taking out the surepress is a mistake. Either way I recommend the Storm to others and would never tell people not to get the phone. Just my opinion.
    05-20-09 10:16 PM
    Honestly.. People that feel screwed because their piece of technology is being upgraded/retired.. Stop buying technology...

What you buy today will reach it's EOL within a year or so...
    05-21-09 09:39 AM
    Less QQ more PEW PEW

QQ =Crying Face (Look at it for a while)
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH makes more sense now, where do these things come from??
    heres a new one
    ( - ) ( - ) means Im mad
    or
    :"<>?#$%$^&*(><:"{ means im walking

mornings are very sarcastic for me
    05-21-09 10:20 AM
    I've loved my storm since I purchased it in January and at the time I purchased my storm I knew that the storm 2 was coming. I have a friend that works for verizon that trains the store staff on the upcoming products that were coming.

That friend told me then to wait for the storm 2 which they at that time were told would be out in March (I couldn't wait, I wanted a storm). That date was pushed forward to July, at this time that is the last news this friend has on the launch date that I know of. I'll be seeing this friend over the weekend and will find out what they know as of now.
    lol this post is almost as bad as the OP... my friend slept with this guy who told another girl how this one friend ate a pumpkin out of his *** and that guy was the ceo of vzw said...blah blah blah...if you have proof pictures, paperwork proof that march was the date, and then july prove it, if not your forgetting that rim didnt let it me know until april that it exsited so how did vzw know ****?
    05-21-09 10:23 AM
    Love my Storm. I'm not sure that Storm 2 is real. Why do I need wi-fi when I've got 3G? I'm required to pay for a data plan, so what's the big deal?
    05-21-09 11:59 AM
    Lets go out on a limb here.
    What does VZW want for this phone?
    Numbers huge numbers; u know.
    Don't be suprised when this new S2
    comes out they will come up with
    something win win; for current Storm owners.
    As well as for VZW. They didn't get to be
    where they are screwing their customers.
    So everyone sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Put out positive energy.
    Can u imagine if they said u can switch
    devices from S1 to S2 and it won't affect your
    contract, and u don't have to pay full retail.
    Sales for this phone would be off the chart.
    Also throw in say a $50.00 rebate.......man
    05-21-09 12:08 PM
    Lets go out on a limb here.
    What does VZW want for this phone?
    Numbers huge numbers; u know.
    Don't be suprised when this new S2
    comes out they will come up with
    something win win; for current Storm owners.
    As well as for VZW. They didn't get to be
    where they are screwing their customers.
    So everyone sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Put out positive energy.
    Can u imagine if they said u can switch
    devices from S1 to S2 and it won't affect your
    contract, and u don't have to pay full retail.
    Sales for this phone would be off the chart.
    Also throw in say a $50.00 rebate.......man
    Honestly, I like the feature of the current storm and like the clicking screen. The only gripe is the lack of wi-fi. Therefore, I would be satisfied with a small rebate for the current model--I don't need them to give me a new storm or an incentive to upgrade to a new one. Just some type of refund and some official OS updates before the Storm 2 is released. Again, it would be a good gesture towards current storm owners, not a requirement.
    05-21-09 12:54 PM
    Honestly.. People that feel screwed because their piece of technology is being upgraded/retired.. Stop buying technology...

What you buy today will reach it's EOL within a year or so...
    Some people might, and it thats the reason then I think thats misguided on their part.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, there is legitimate room for complaints due to lack of OS support if Verizon was to release this in a few weeks without addressing the current owner's phones.

There is no telling if the Storm 2 is an upgrade from the first or not. Personally, I think its going to be the same device with wi-fi and sans clicking screen. If thats the case I won't care much (aside from wi-fi) since I really like the click screen and I find it much easier to type on than the iPhone's screen.
    05-21-09 12:59 PM
    Love my Storm. I'm not sure that Storm 2 is real. Why do I need wi-fi when I've got 3G? I'm required to pay for a data plan, so what's the big deal?
    LOL! This will always end up revolving!
    05-21-09 01:02 PM
    You know what..if you don't need it...good for you....let the people who need it worry about what the big deal is
    05-21-09 01:09 PM
    you know..im not gonna act like im happy with my storm. Im not gonna lie to myself and say it is good to me when its not. But even i have to agree this thread sucks! I simply cant wait for the tour..
    05-21-09 01:09 PM
    I don't understand why people get so pissed because another touch screen BB is coming so soon after the Storm came out? What's the big deal? And why do people think RIM or Verizon owes them anything, that they should get the Storm at discount??

You signed a 2 or 3 year agreement, that you would use the service and the Storm. So what if a new product comes out, you signed an agreement and purchased the Storm.

If you buy a Honda Civic, and if you and everyone else think it sucks, then Honda comes out with the Civic 2010 do you expect Honda or the dealership you purchased your car at to give you any type of discount or replace your vehicle?

No one is scewing the Storm 1 owners.

Did the Bold owners felt screwed over when the 8900 or the 9630 was announced?

Did the 8900 owners felt screwed over when the 8520 was announced?

Did the Pearl Flip owner feel screwed over when the Pearl Flip "3g" was announced?

Why do you dumb people feel the need to compare this phone to a Car???! So stupid!

Storm 1 owners did get screwed fool! No one cares about the fact that Storm 2 is coming out! What we are concerned with is the FACT that VZW/RIM have yet to support the OS (NOT THE PHYSICAL PHONE) THE OS.... for all you morons who compare this thing to a car or TV!

No Sh8t new stuff comes out! only a dumb a**, kind of like the ones who compare phones to tv's or automobiles! Technology makers will always try to out do themselves!

But when we have to rely on bootleg updates to make us feel better about a phone we hang on to hoping this company would notice they have loyal customers just to screw em, well yeah! we can Bit**.. you don't like it, get on outta here

JUST PLEASE STOP COMPARING A PHONE TO A CAR!!!!

Oh yeah, and did the 8900 have sh** for an OS????? hmmmmmmmm, let's keep it real hear people, quit showing how dumb you are!

Apples to Apples, not donuts to onion rings!
    05-21-09 01:33 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD