So this is my plan:

Every time I go into the local Verizon store, (which is quite often, due to the storms "quality") there is some poor sap buying a storm. Usually a few...
    I always want to warn them that they are making a HUGE mistake and there best bet is to go buy a Pearl or something that works.

But, now that the Storm 2 is being released I feel even worse. So this is what I think we should do:

We should all go in to our local verizon stores and put this picture on the phones as their homescreen image...warning the people that they are about to commit a $200 mistake
    05-20-09 02:50 AM
    05-20-09 02:55 AM
    Sounds like QQ to me.
    05-20-09 03:20 AM
    I love my storm....it's a consumer phone and it does consumer things. To much QQ in every thread. I feel like I'm back in the storm section again. This is pretty ridiculous, and if they catch on you'll prolly enjoy a vandalism charge and a few hours in a holding cell.
    05-20-09 03:45 AM
    I love my storm....it's a consumer phone and it does consumer things. To much QQ in every thread. I feel like I'm back in the storm section again. This is pretty ridiculous, and if they catch on you'll prolly enjoy a vandalism charge and a few hours in a holding cell.
    I agree 100%. I bought my Storm back in December and love it. Compared to all of the Palms and WM devices I've had over the last ten years the Storm is great. It's pretty simple to me. Consumers vote with their feet. Those that don't like the Storm need to buy something else. If the couple of hundred bucks is such a huge deal that they can't afford to switch then it most likely wasn't very smart of them to spend the money on the Storm in the first place.
    05-20-09 06:58 AM
    [QUOTE=t3chth1rt33n;2600544]So this is my plan:

Every time I go into the local Verizon store, (which is quite often, due to the storms "quality") there is some poor sap buying a storm. Usually a few...
    I always want to warn them that they are making a HUGE mistake and there best bet is to go buy a Pearl or something that works.

But, now that the Storm 2 is being released I feel even worse. So this is what I think we should do:

We should all go in to our local verizon stores and put this picture on the phones as their homescreen image...warning the people that they are about to commit a $200 mistake[/QUOTE

you might be ended up being sued by verizon for slander if you put up like that
    Last edited by Oilersboy; 05-20-09 at 07:15 AM. Reason: correct for wording
    05-20-09 07:12 AM
    I bought my storm a little over a month ago. It was on 4-13-09 to be exact. I really like my Storm. I haven�t had any major problems with it so far. It does irritate me how its response time can be slow from time to time. But it is after all for better words small hand held PC and any PC will run slow and freeze if you have multiple programs running at one time. It does serve its function and I couldn�t be happier other than the above mentioned problem. I guess I could update with the unofficial version that is floating around but I�m afraid to do that. I�m not too swift when it comes to doing things like that and I don�t want to turn my phone into a brick. I wished there were some kind of underground black market Geek Squad for cell phones that I could pay to do it for me.

Now what does make me upset is Verizon releasing the newer version and the current version not even being a year old. I can�t remember that ever happening before. I guess I could live in my dream world where Verizon will give me a discount to upgrade, but honestly that is never going to happen.
    05-20-09 07:29 AM
    Sounds like QQ to me.
    what?
    05-20-09 07:59 AM
    Dude, mind your own business, its not like Verizon made the phone. They are just trying to sell phones, its what they do. If people want to buy a storm, why not let them? Will it help you sleep at night if people stop buying Storms to "wait a month or two to get the new one". Its technology, there is always a "better version" coming out in a few months. MP3 players, phones, laptops, dvd/blue ray players ect...

If you're un happy with the Storm, get another phone, but there is no reason to go all out and try to stop Verizon to sell some. I actually really like my Storm, never had a single issue with it, no crashes or nothing. For some people IT WORKS!

When the Storm 2 comes out I don't plan on buying it, mainly because it is rumored that it has no clickable screen, I know some people hated the click screen but guess what I really like it.

Just because you hate it, doesn't mean everyone should.
    05-20-09 08:07 AM
    Yea umm that's kinda rude man chill out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:34 AM
    I've loved my storm since I purchased it in January and at the time I purchased my storm I knew that the storm 2 was coming. I have a friend that works for verizon that trains the store staff on the upcoming products that were coming.

That friend told me then to wait for the storm 2 which they at that time were told would be out in March (I couldn't wait, I wanted a storm). That date was pushed forward to July, at this time that is the last news this friend has on the launch date that I know of. I'll be seeing this friend over the weekend and will find out what they know as of now.
    05-20-09 08:37 AM
    Running Lyricidal's .141/5.0 Hybrid and my storm works like a charm now! HOWEVER...
    What about those of us who are not tech savvy enough to upgrade to these leaked OS updates? And now a new storm coming out so soon? I sense a lot of early terminations if they don't allow us some kind of discount. Heck just let me get it at new contract price i'll sign the contract again.
    05-20-09 10:04 AM
    OP: please... no more cocaine for you today. For all our sakes man.
    05-20-09 10:07 AM
    Another happy Storm owner here. I got mine 3/4 and it has worked for the most part flawlessly. I'm new to the Blackberry forums so I don't know a lot about what the Storm 2 brings to the table that would be such a vast improvement, but I am very content with my current Storm.

I did watch the YouTube video with the new Storm 2 preview and it looks like a few new features and tweaks, and a slightly thinner profile but the basic product is still pretty much the same.

As with any tech gadget, the next one (and the one after that) is on the drawing board before the previous one is released. If I had known about the Storm 2, I would not have waited for it. I'll check out the new Storm at my next upgrade in 18 months, but by then, it'll probably be the Storm 4.
    05-20-09 10:46 AM
    This my fear also I love the storm love the clickscreen. If its on the odin I may upgrade
    Dude, mind your own business, its not like Verizon made the phone. They are just trying to sell phones, its what they do. If people want to buy a storm, why not let them? Will it help you sleep at night if people stop buying Storms to "wait a month or two to get the new one". Its technology, there is always a "better version" coming out in a few months. MP3 players, phones, laptops, dvd/blue ray players ect...

If you're un happy with the Storm, get another phone, but there is no reason to go all out and try to stop Verizon to sell some. I actually really like my Storm, never had a single issue with it, no crashes or nothing. For some people IT WORKS!

When the Storm 2 comes out I don't plan on buying it, mainly because it is rumored that it has no clickable screen, I know some people hated the click screen but guess what I really like it.

Just because you hate it, doesn't mean everyone should.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:52 AM
    I don't understand why people get so pissed because another touch screen BB is coming so soon after the Storm came out? What's the big deal? And why do people think RIM or Verizon owes them anything, that they should get the Storm at discount??

You signed a 2 or 3 year agreement, that you would use the service and the Storm. So what if a new product comes out, you signed an agreement and purchased the Storm.

If you buy a Honda Civic, and if you and everyone else think it sucks, then Honda comes out with the Civic 2010 do you expect Honda or the dealership you purchased your car at to give you any type of discount or replace your vehicle?

No one is scewing the Storm 1 owners.

Did the Bold owners felt screwed over when the 8900 or the 9630 was announced?

Did the 8900 owners felt screwed over when the 8520 was announced?

Did the Pearl Flip owner feel screwed over when the Pearl Flip "3g" was announced?
    05-20-09 10:55 AM
    I also agree my storm is just fine for what i need it to do...plus more
    05-20-09 12:40 PM
    Ok for everyone who flamed the OP, thinking it made you look cool. YOU ARE DOING THE SAME THING HE DID!!!

I dont feel screwed on the storm 2 release AS LONG AS THEY KEEP TRYING TO FIX THE FIRST ONE, If they just give up on it and move forward with the new one, then Yeah we are getting F'd in the A!

I knew my phone had problems B4 i bought it. Cause I research just about everything before I purchase it. But to those who bought one cause the commercials looked cool and had no idea the phone had so many problems I dont blame them for one second for being angry. This is America dammit and we shouldnt have to worry about getting screwed by the countries best mobile provider.

I personally thought the OP's post was funny and got a kick out of it. I'm not about to go to the store and do it, but that doesnt mean I cant enjoy his chagrin, which was why he posted it in the first place.... so others could get a kick out of it, not spark a bunch of childish and misplaced insults.

to the moderators, shame on you for not taking care of this. I really liked this site when i first discovered it, but after reading thru many posts and threads this kind of behaviour seen in this thread makes me not want to come back because it happens alot on this site. And for people intelligent enough to enjoy and use this type of phone, this kind of name calling seems just a bit grade school.

BlackberryOS
    Where to get your blackberry fix without the childish remarks.

P.S. I love my phone with all its quirks: even as it is flying thru the air.
    05-20-09 12:52 PM
    what?
    Less QQ more PEW PEW

QQ =Crying Face (Look at it for a while)
    05-20-09 01:36 PM
    I don't feel screwed. First of all, I knew before I bought mine in November that there was already a new version on the way. Second of all, I really don't have any significant complaints about either of my Storms. Third, Storm 2 hasn't been released yet, so who's to say it doesn't have different or more problems than the first? Fourth, both versions will probably be running the same OS, so the only real difference is the display and maybe WiFi. OK, it does burn me a bit that the new one might have WiFi, but honestly that's the only thing I see as a real upgrade on the new model. The touch hard keys are nice, but the current ones work fine too.

Here's what does make me mad, and it's all my own problem! I KNOW I want it, even if it doesn't have that much to offer over the current one. I want it because it's new, and I want it because it's HOT! But I'm not going to get it because I have 100's of dollars into accessories for the current Storm, including some that are just arriving today. That's all my fault. So, I will probably wait for Storm 3 and hope it is LTE capable. That's when I plan to get a new one.
    05-20-09 02:14 PM
    No one is screwing the Storm 1 owners.
    Well that sucks.
    05-20-09 02:39 PM
    what?
    It means complaining/crying.
    05-20-09 03:50 PM
    Same here.... my Storm works just as I would expect. There's a couple bugs, but **** I've have more bugs in my PC's OS than I do in my Storm. My Storm does all I wanted and then some. May not be perfect, but nothing an official updated OS can't fix.
    05-20-09 03:57 PM
    Wow... Unbelievable... The Storm 2 hasn't even been announced by Verizon, just by "underground" sources and you're so quick to say Storm 1 owners got screwed...

I love my Storm! That's right, I said it! I love my Storm! I've had many WinMo devices, I've also had the Pearl and the Curve, and I love my Storm!

Is there room for improvement, yup... And that's what I like about it, it's going to be even better...

So before you come here and start posting this crap, realize not everyone feels the way you do...
    05-20-09 04:32 PM
    SO i went to a VZW store and all the phones had the OP's pic as a desktop.. I was like WTH? LOL...

RIM OS is just a joke.

o well..

hopefully a few of the VZW minions changed them all back ... but it was funny.
    05-20-09 04:57 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD