I installed .90 OS on my 9530 Storm, however I had a problem with no notification sounds (and BT not working, and random resets). On the .90 in Sounds > Set Ring Tones/Alerts when checking the Ring Tones, no sounds would play. When I got a call, no ringer just LED and vibrate. When I got email/SMS, the only sound that played was 3 quick low 'dings'. So I down-graded to .86 which was working for the most part.

However now, when I check the Ring Tones, Every single sound is exactly the same! 3 quick low dings in a row... Not sure if .90 corrupted the sounds files somehow. Any clues?

I removed .90 in window add/remove, and installed .86. DM saw the downgrade and let me do it.
    01-26-09 04:45 PM
    I had no problem like that. all of my sound profiles transferred over. I suggest just creating unique sound profiles of your own instead of using the preloaded default settings. that way you can fully customize everything. try setting one up in .86...then do the upgrade. it should recognize it. and just use the custom profiles.
    01-26-09 04:57 PM
    Did you remove your sample photos in your media file? If you do it incorrectly, you lose all sample media (including ringtones). I speak from experience
    01-26-09 09:11 PM
    I haven't removed anything, but I did manage to get my sounds back. I used JL_Cmder to wipe and reinstalled .86, but still had no sounds. DM wouldn't let me restore the "Sounds" database from my backup file either, since it says my BB is set up for wireless sync (Enterprise activation). I was thinking whatever I'm syncing to had messed up sound files.

Then I used JL_Cmder again to restore factory defaults then I performed another wipe. I installed .90 this time and now I have sounds! And Bluetooth is now working.

Even though .90 is annoying me with random reboots, I'm too afraid to trying downgrading to .86 again. Hopefully another OS will be leaked/released soon.
    01-28-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD