surprised no one has mentioned this- The big difference, in my opinion, between the two "insurance plans" is that Best Buy does not have a deductible. With Asurion, you have a $50 or $100 deductible. Best buy does not have a deductible. However, it is my understanding that both insurance policies cover lost, stolen, and damaged phones.
    I believe it was stated in an earlier post, that it does not cover lost/stolen/liquid.

Also compare $10 to $6. You only pay a deductiable if you have to call Asurion for lost/stolen/liquid. If its a warranty issue, then you get it replaced for free at a VZW w/ their TEC. Even after the initial 1yr warranty from RIM, so long as you've been paying for the TEC on your acct. Also, It could depend on the "tech" you get at the store, some will be Douch-bags and make you call asurion, even when you don't have to and could do it right there at the store. "I know from experience."
    Last edited by stormdevil; 01-13-09 at 10:38 AM.
    01-13-09 10:36 AM
    surprised no one has mentioned this- The big difference, in my opinion, between the two "insurance plans" is that Best Buy does not have a deductible. With Asurion, you have a $50 or $100 deductible. Best buy does not have a deductible. However, it is my understanding that both insurance policies cover lost, stolen, and damaged phones.
    This may be true but you are paying an extra $60/year over the vzw warranty for the $50 benefit.
    01-13-09 10:36 AM
    Yeah but the OP got a spyware sweeper and norton AV discount from Geek Squad........

I hope someone gets it.
    LAWL that's great!
    01-13-09 10:37 AM
    Ahh good ol' best buy. Cool you'll get a phone new in the box in store (probably) but what happens when you drop your phone in liquid. That is probably the most common insurance issue I see. And I know you're careful. But is your kid so careful? Are you so careful when you're driving and your phone falls into your cup of soda/tea/coffee next to you? Are you so careful when you step out of your car and it falls into a puddle because you forgot it was in your lap. Sure this will never happen to you because you're just that amazing. You are also the same kind of person that will be in my store bit**ing at me because I won't give you a new Storm for the promotional pricing after you water damaged it. Sorry bub, full retail it is for you. And with BlackBerry's does it really matter if it's a refurb? You're going to just do a restore from a previous back up and it'll work just like the one you had replaced. You guys kill me with this new vs. refurb stuff. No where Verizon Wirless ever say you will definitely get a brand new unit. Next time read before you sign the fine print.

end rant.
    01-13-09 11:16 AM
    I bought it from BB too but I ended up going with Verizon's warranty because it was cheaper and it covers anything and everything.
    i have Verizon insurance, have always had insurance works great should anything happen. though there is a deductible.
    01-13-09 11:24 AM
    I'm not getting rooked. Your "total equipment plan" is through ASURION INSURANCE. If verizon determines that the handset is defective, then you must file a claim to Asurion. Once the claim is filed, then you will get your replacement handset, or should I say "REFURBISHED", in two or three days. With BB plan, you get a "NEW", in the box, handset that same day. Its not same...check your policy.
    I have the ASURION insurance. I received brand new phones, not refurbished from them with no issues. One was when then screen got damaged. The second was when then replacement had the screen clicking issue. Both times, I got brand new boxes with all the equipment. They took my credit card and would charge me if they didn't receive the old equipment 15 days after I received my replacement units. Both were shipped next day fed ex. Oh... and they only wanted the phones back, not the equipment so now I have extra 8gig cards, batteries and cables. No doubt on this since the return package could only accommodate the phone itself and the instructions on the package say to remove the battery and all accessories.
    01-13-09 11:32 AM
    I bought mine at verizon and phone insurance is only 4.99 a month for me and that covers everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 01:19 PM
    Yes it does. I know because I had it on my previous phones.
    VZW insurance does cover lost, stolen and water damage..
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 01:22 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD