Ok this isnt really a bash thread as much as it is a question about FW versoins.

I recently suggested my gf get the storm because I'm a long time Curve user and Ive been really happy with RIM ect...BUT I regret telling her to get this phone completely...It seems like 8 times a day I have to hear her whine about her phone freezing, or waking up to a dead phone which she just charged not 8 hours ago...Ive uploaded every single FW version listed in this forum but the same problem persists...Sometimes her phone will just up and chose to restart, or show that watch for hours...And before you jump to the same conclusion VW does every time we bring it in...yes she does close out her applications...VW refuses to see this as a hardware issue, but from what ive read about other peoples FW reviews no one is having these problems to her degree...

again, sorry for the repeat threads but is there ANYONE with a suggestion...I feel bad for her cuz I suggested she buy this poor excuse for a "phone"
    05-16-09 01:23 AM
    Stick with .75 it SOMETIMES gets a little stick but I have had this phone for 5 months now
    And I am very happy. Also read threw the tips and tricks threads there is a lot of good info
    On a smooth phone there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:04 AM
    It's possible that there's something wrong with her specific Storm. My Storm has been on quite a few different OS' and I've never had any issues with freezing. I'm quite happy with it actually. Have her try getting a replacement and see if the new one is any better.
    05-16-09 02:08 AM
    Go to version 75, read the tips and tricks thread, and then check your 3rd party apps. One of those is likely causing her issues. I have been on 75 for several months without issues. Camera is a little slow, but everything else works well. I have GPS always on, and run WSJ, mobile admin, youtube, audible, and a few other apps and never have battery, signal, re boot, or other trouble. I think a lot of people get a bad app and they assume it's the os, and installing leaked or hybrid os files won't solve that problem. Good luck.
    Ok this isnt really a bash thread as much as it is a question about FW versoins.

I recently suggested my gf get the storm because I'm a long time Curve user and Ive been really happy with RIM ect...BUT I regret telling her to get this phone completely...It seems like 8 times a day I have to hear her whine about her phone freezing, or waking up to a dead phone which she just charged not 8 hours ago...Ive uploaded every single FW version listed in this forum but the same problem persists...Sometimes her phone will just up and chose to restart, or show that watch for hours...And before you jump to the same conclusion VW does every time we bring it in...yes she does close out her applications...VW refuses to see this as a hardware issue, but from what ive read about other peoples FW reviews no one is having these problems to her degree...

again, sorry for the repeat threads but is there ANYONE with a suggestion...I feel bad for her cuz I suggested she buy this poor excuse for a "phone"
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD