OK, maybe I'm a Luddite because I've been clinging to .75. And I've only done a few posts, so I'll probably get flamed for being a newbie. But jeez, people, what a lot of whining about the Storm! Watch the great comedic rant "everything's amazing, nobody's happy" from the Conan O'Brien show to put it all in perspective. I'm not allowed to post links yet, so Google it, or go to Hulu. It's worth your while.
    03-06-09 12:07 PM
    OK, maybe I'm a Luddite because I've been clinging to .75. And I've only done a few posts, so I'll probably get flamed for being a newbie. But jeez, people, what a lot of whining about the Storm! Watch the great comedic rant "everything's amazing, nobody's happy" from the Conan O'Brien show to put it all in perspective. I'm not allowed to post links yet, so Google it, or go to Hulu. It's worth your while.
    Hey this forum is for serious posts funny is not allowed in here! We have people waiting for leaks we can't have this kind of stuff clogging up the boards.

You know one day not so long ago I made a post in here thinking that I would try to bring a smile to people on a Friday and learned that this isn't the place for it.
    03-06-09 12:12 PM
    Honestly,

Your post is not going to help. For every person who makes a post whining about not getting a leak, there is another post about how people should stop whining, "It comes when it comes" is the most overused phrase in the Storm forums. These types of posts are ALL getting to be annoying and none are productive. As far as the Storm is concerned, "everything's amazing, nobody's happy" really does not not apply to this device.

I am not flaming you, but people are starting to get buyers remorse, the leaks were helping to keep that under control, but since the leaks seem to have stopped people are on edge. Personally, I bought myself a phone that works as advertised so I have alot less at stake.
    03-06-09 12:21 PM
    Hey this forum is for serious posts funny is not allowed in here! We have people waiting for leaks we can't have this kind of stuff clogging up the boards.

You know one day not so long ago I made a post in here thinking that I would try to bring a smile to people on a Friday and learned that this isn't the place for it.
    Wise words !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 12:23 PM
    about 80% of the posts in here are funny or non serious. Takes forever to sort through all the garbage to get to what your trying to find!
    03-06-09 12:35 PM
    So is there a leak coming out?
    03-06-09 12:37 PM
    So is there a leak coming out?
    Yes on April 1st
    03-06-09 12:38 PM

More true words couldn't be spoken. I saw that the other day, very funny.
    03-06-09 01:47 PM

More true words couldn't be spoken. I saw that the other day, very funny.
    Just watched! I needed that laugh for a friday at work!! Showed my supervisor too.. she had a good laugh... We do sometimes forget what a wonderful generation we live in.
    03-06-09 02:26 PM
    Yea this forum is overly tense.

03-06-09 02:31 PM
    Armedtank: I beg to differ. The video perfectly applies to the Storm. I'm on .75, and while it may not be perfect, it's pretty friggin' amazing. I can listen to NPR from Boston or LA or SF when my Denver station is doing endless fundraising. I have hundreds of songs to listen to. And it's a calendar, phone, video player, camera, etc. How is that not amazing?
    03-06-09 02:42 PM
    Armedtank: I beg to differ. The video perfectly applies to the Storm. I'm on .75, and while it may not be perfect, it's pretty friggin' amazing. I can listen to NPR from Boston or LA or SF when my Denver station is doing endless fundraising. I have hundreds of songs to listen to. And it's a calendar, phone, video player, camera, etc. How is that not amazing?
    I am not so sure on how great a video player it is quite yet, the few tines I used it it freezes up on me and no rewind or ff, unless I missed something.
    03-06-09 02:59 PM
    Yes on April 1st
    I lol'd.

03-06-09 03:08 PM
    My problems are not with the feature set, yes our phones have some great features, and there isn't much more you need in a phone, but these features have been available on smartphones for more than a few years now.

My problems are with implementation and polish, I do not believe OS 4.7 to be the optimal user interface for this touchscreen device, it's fine if you have a keyboard but there are just too many steps involved to get certain things done. Also, because of the rush to market, the phone lacks the polish of previous Blackberrys, and because of my business experiences with Blackberries, I was expecting a high level of polish on day one. These things ARE being addressed, and I am sure the Storm will eventually be a great device, and believe it or not I want it to be a great device.

I just feel bad for those who paid full retail and might not get the phone they expected until it's time to buy a new one. At $149, I am not too upset about things, but if I had paid $500+, I would be seriously pissed. When these people express frustration, they are labeled and blamed for everything but the bird flu. I understand whining and complaining will do no good, but I do understand their frustration while most just don't seem to get it...........
    Last edited by armedtank; 03-06-09 at 08:14 PM.
    03-06-09 08:11 PM
    Valid points. Far be it from me to defend RIM or Verizon...
    03-06-09 08:31 PM
    It goes to space! Can you give it a second to get back from space?!?!?! God people!!
    03-06-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD