Sometimes i get texts messages and the alert doesnt sound, i work in a hospital so my profile is always on loud and i have special alerts for 2 people, but last nite i got 6 texts and NOT 1 bike bell sound....did i break my phone?
    02-14-09 10:48 AM
    Mine does that too! sometimes a battery pull will fix it. I think it is one of those glitches they will hopefully fix with the next OS upgrade.
    02-14-09 10:51 AM
    ok its not just me, thanks
    02-14-09 10:54 AM
    Same thing with mine. I have one business and one personal email set up-the business email has an alert set. Maybe 2 out of 10 times the alert will sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:10 AM
    Several users reported this issue on another thread. Setting up a Custom Profile, rather than using a built in one fixed this issue for alot of them.

The other thing to keep in mind as well, if you have set up custom ringtones for contacts in your address book, you must set up a custom alert for messages as well, otherwise if you get a message from that person, a default sound will play. I do not know if you're having this issue with people you set up alerts for or not, but something else to keep in mind when you start playing with contact alerts. Discovered this last week.
    02-14-09 11:14 AM
    Also if you have any apps like Buzz me, make sure the ringtone isn't disabled in the settings folder. Depending on which sound profile you use, you should have custom settings for each of them.
    02-14-09 11:20 AM
    I get the same problem. When receiving messages, my phone will sometimes only vibrate and not make the audible sound afterwards that it is supposed to when set on that profile. Happens randomly.
    02-14-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah...I think this issue will probably make the next official OS my last install, until the official after that comes out.
    02-14-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD