Is there a way to temporarily increase the snooze time on an alert on the Storm? Like say an alert pops up and I have the option to open it, dismiss it, or snooze for some period of time. Is there any way to change the amount of time the alert snoozes for for just that one time? This is using the Storm's calendar app, not any third party alerting programs.
    12-29-08 01:51 PM
    yup. have to do this thru the alarm options settings.
    12-29-08 01:54 PM
    I diddo bigman2. the key is to TEMPORARILY increase the snooze. The advanctage is that I might want to snooze for two days for one item and 5 minutes for another without opening the item and changing the date.
    01-01-09 11:23 AM
    I diddo bigman2. the key is to TEMPORARILY increase the snooze. The advanctage is that I might want to snooze for two days for one item and 5 minutes for another without opening the item and changing the date.
    Exactly. The whole point is to be able to do it WITHOUT opening the calendar app, just doing it from the alert window that pops up. I'm guessing that the lack of any responses so far is an indication that it's not (yet) possible. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
    01-01-09 12:15 PM
    The only way to do this is to open the event and change the notification time. Say you have a reminder set for 15 minutes with a default snooze of 5 minutes. If you want to "snooze" for 15 minutes rather than the 5 minutes, you would open the event and change the reminder to 0.
    03-12-09 08:29 AM
    Well that sucks, at least I found the "default" snooze in the alarm options so I can snooze longer than 5 minutes now. Thanks!

The only way to do this is to open the event and change the notification time. Say you have a reminder set for 15 minutes with a default snooze of 5 minutes. If you want to "snooze" for 15 minutes rather than the 5 minutes, you would open the event and change the reminder to 0.
    05-05-09 01:19 PM
  7. DaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerps's Avatar
    Exactly. The whole point is to be able to do it WITHOUT opening the calendar app, just doing it from the alert window that pops up. I'm guessing that the lack of any responses so far is an indication that it's not (yet) possible. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
    this is asinine that you can't change the reminder time within the reminder pop up

has anyone found a workaround or 3rd party app

this is crazy that it is not available natively - even my Treo 700w that I bought 3 years ago had this capability
    05-12-09 10:25 PM
    You _have_ to be kidding me. BlackBerry, although is a business phone, has now jumped into mainstream consumer smartphone department - and having a constant snooze time simply won't cut it.

RIM needs to realize this and make a change to this immediately, or atleast in OS 6. Till then, BellShare? Can you do something about this?
    07-20-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD