I used Media Sync to transfer my iTunes music onto my storm. Some album covers (roughly 5%) transferred over, but the others are lost. Any ideas what's going on?

TIA
    12-21-08 01:08 PM
    Same things happening to me. Having never put music onto my Curve, I don't know if this is Storm-specific or standard to BB.
    Very annoying though as the font size displaying artist & title is so small... Not good for when listening to music while driving!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 01:11 PM
    Recent versions of iTunes don't automatically add the album art to the id3 tags of the songs; as a result, you won't be able to see album art [added by iTunes] outside of iTunes.

To fix this if you're using iTunes, make sure that the album art is added to the actual id3 tag of the files. See here: How To Add iTunes Artwork To MP3 ID3 Tags Using iTunes | One Tip A Day

My album art shows up just fine on my Storm.
    12-21-08 01:19 PM
    Recent versions of iTunes don't automatically add the album art to the id3 tags of the songs; as a result, you won't be able to see album art [added by iTunes] outside of iTunes.

To fix this if you're using iTunes, make sure that the album art is added to the actual id3 tag of the files. See here:

My album art shows up just fine on my Storm.
    Thanks for the response, but I don't think that's what the problem is. I've manually downloaded and added the artwork via right clicking on a song -> Get Info -> Artwork Tab

Shouldn't that be writing to the id3 tag?
    12-21-08 03:00 PM
    weekday bump
    12-22-08 12:26 PM
    install the script below, open itunes, select all songs, then run the script. this will ensure all artwork is embedded into the song file

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Embed Artwork v1.1
    12-22-08 12:39 PM
    I use Windows Media Player to add my artwork and transfer music.

I shy away from using media sync and transferring over all of my music library as because it isn't well managed as of today. I am trying to make sure the files I add to my BB are all tagged properly and their are no duplicates.
    12-22-08 12:57 PM
    install the script below, open itunes, select all songs, then run the script. this will ensure all artwork is embedded into the song file
    thanks, but i'm on windows xp machine and this script is for mac
    12-22-08 05:58 PM
    I found that itunes simply links album art with the music files but does not embed it. I used:

iTSfv - iTunes Store file validator

It is free. Install and run it and it will start itunes. itunes needs to remain running for the program to work. It can scan your entire media library and will clean up all of the tags associated with your music. It will also search for missing album art, download it, and will embed album art into your music file. You can select one playlist in itunes to see how it works first, without running it through your whole library. If you run it on your entire library it can take some time. However, when you are done simply take the music off of your storm and re-sync and the album art will now appear on your storm.
    12-26-08 08:00 AM
    I used Media Sync to transfer my iTunes music onto my storm. Some album covers (roughly 5%) transferred over, but the others are lost. Any ideas what's going on?

TIA
    I am having the same problem..., but to make it worse the transfer freezes after like 600 titles and Media Sync shuts down! Happens every time..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 08:16 AM
    I found that itunes simply links album art with the music files but does not embed it. I used:

iTSfv - iTunes Store file validator

It is free. Install and run it and it will start itunes. itunes needs to remain running for the program to work. It can scan your entire media library and will clean up all of the tags associated with your music. It will also search for missing album art, download it, and will embed album art into your music file. You can select one playlist in itunes to see how it works first, without running it through your whole library. If you run it on your entire library it can take some time. However, when you are done simply take the music off of your storm and re-sync and the album art will now appear on your storm.
    Thanks for the tip! I will gve this a try. One question, do you have to open it everytime or does it run automatically after the first run?
    Thanks
    12-26-08 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD