I'm obviously new here so "hi". From what I've seen so far there is lots of very useful information on this forum but I'm stuck with my alarm clock problems so I'll get right to it:

What I'm looking for is tricky to put into a title. On my old nokia phone when I changed the alarm I could simply punch the new time into the number pad and I was done in one second. Obviously on the Storm I have to press the up and down buttons.

I set my alarm a couple of times a day to completely random times which is why I'm looking for an alarm clock application, where I can use the touchscreen to enter the time for the alarm via numbers rather than directional arrows. Does such an app exist?

Secondly, is there an app where I can set one of the programmable keys to send me straight to the "set alarm" window? Again a feature I really miss that my old phone had.

Cheers
    07-06-10 04:19 PM
    When you are in the alarm clock, if you push down on your screen a number pad will pop up where you can input numbers instead of scrolling.

I don't know of any apps that will allow you to gain access to your alarm, but I don't use a lot of apps to begin with. Not sure if you know that you can press the time on your homescreen, press the BB button, and select alarm to input the time (same number of steps as pressing the clock icon - unless the icon is not on your home screen).
    07-06-10 05:40 PM
    Hi Bird,

I'm not sure what you mean by "push down on your screen". When I literally just press the screen nothing happens.

I open the clock, then go to set alarm and have the menu where I have to increase or decrease the current alarm time. I have just now realised that I can swipe up and down the screen to increase and decrease the current number which is helpful but I haven't found a way to get a number pad to pop up. I've got the 9500 Storm, maybe it's different?
    07-07-10 03:49 PM
    Hi Bird,

I'm not sure what you mean by "push down on your screen". When I literally just press the screen nothing happens.

I open the clock, then go to set alarm and have the menu where I have to increase or decrease the current alarm time. I have just now realised that I can swipe up and down the screen to increase and decrease the current number which is helpful but I haven't found a way to get a number pad to pop up. I've got the 9500 Storm, maybe it's different?
    Click on the number. if you are adjusting the minutes, let's say, and you in the center is 30, above is 29 and below is 31. Click on "30." You will then see the number pad below. Works in all cases of scrolling numbers for dates and times throughout the OS. Even when selectding which date to use when searching for movie times in Poynt.

Let us know if that works for you.
    07-07-10 05:18 PM
    It does nothing when I click on the number. I've got the 9500 storm and not done a firmware upgrade yet. I'm runnning v 4.7.0.181. The 9500 isn't on the compatibility list for the OS5 which I'm about to investigate.

According to my research 181 is the latest version on offer. I've got the BB software and there is nothing better on offer. Any ideas?

Cheers
    Last edited by hypertyper; 07-08-10 at 05:47 AM.
    07-08-10 05:32 AM
    It does nothing when I click on the number. I've got the 9500 storm and not done a firmware upgrade yet. I'm runnning v 4.7.0.181. The 9500 isn't on the compatibility list for the OS5 which I'm about to investigate.

According to my research 181 is the latest version on offer. I've got the BB software and there is nothing better on offer. Any ideas?

Cheers
    Look in the OS section, definitely need to upgrade, I believe that 5.0 has been out for a long while for your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 07:28 AM
    All I can say is "holy crap!" I've updated my BB and only used it for seconds and it's so much better. I really don't understand why the BB desktop software only lets me downgrade with no obvious option of actually upgrading. It didn't work with the official upgrade tool either. I'm not usually a PC ******. It seems to me like BB are shooting themselves in the foot a little bit.

Alarm clock works great now. I'm amazed!
    07-08-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD