I gave up my Voyager which I was using as an Alarm clark when I got my storm. Problem is...this Alarm clock on the storm seems to be hit or miss. Twice now I've set it, and twice I've only made it work on-time because I happen to wake up before my Blackberry fails to go off.

Actually, I shouldn't say it fails to go. I've watched it supposedly go off on the time set, however there is no sound. I did a test setting a few minutes after I woke up, and lo-and-behold, it makes noise to wake me up, yet when I set it and go to sleep, I wake up only to see that my Blackberry is making no noise, yet it asks me to Snooze/Dismiss. What is going on here? Why does it work, and then doesn't work? I've turned off Vibrate but that didn't help.
    12-16-08 08:36 PM
    I use my alarm clock daily and have never once had it not work for me.
    12-16-08 08:38 PM
    same here......
    12-16-08 08:39 PM
    Check the options you have set for the clock, and make sure you've selected a sound profile from the main screen that isn't "silent" or "vibrate only" or "phone only"...just my .02
    12-16-08 08:58 PM
    I just woke up an hour after my alarm was supposed to go off.
    I suspect I'm setting the time but neglecting to change "off" to "on." I've scoured the phone for a setting that would make this logical leap for me: if I'm setting the time, it's a good bet I want the alarm on, and I'd love it if the app did that automatically. I may be going for a third party app for this functionality - any recommendations?
    Regarding folks who're not getting woken up: the alarm only sounds for a limited amount of time. Perhaps you're sleeping through the sound? This would leave your Storm in the mode you're describing, I think.
    Last edited by untorqued; 12-18-08 at 09:56 AM. Reason: changed "bed" to "bet" =]
    12-18-08 09:55 AM
    I've messed with all sorts of settings and the alarm SUCKS. My treo never hesitated to wake me up with a 3rd party app i had downloaded. I could set unlimited alarms because i rarely wake up on the first alert anyway.

I cannot get the storm to vibrate AND sound at the same time. I've tested it with an mp3 ring and a standard alarm ring and all kinds of different vibrate settings. My sound profile is set to loud so I know thats not the problem. Any ideas how to get it to vibrate and sound at the same time (i can get one or the other only)
    12-23-08 11:54 PM
    I am having the same problem. I used my Storm as an alarm clock before the OS upgrade and it worked everytime. Now it seems to work every once in a while. I set my clock to go into bedside mode..when I wake up at nite I notice the clock is gone..and the phone is at the main screen, sometime with 1/3 of the screen whited out. At 4AM last nite, I found it like that and the time on the mainscreen was 12:20AM. Wierd?!! Anybody having the same issue?

I did set the vibrate and sound and only the vibrate worked this morning.
    01-05-09 11:59 AM
    When mine goes off every morning it plays the tone twice, then i get the snooze dismiss options. considering both tones together last like 4 seconds, maybe you are sleeping through it? Mine never fails to wake me up at 5:30, although sometimes I wish it would.
    01-05-09 12:14 PM
    I was having trouble with mine before so I just set it to weekdays and it has been working fine for me now.
    01-05-09 01:50 PM
    Mine started to fail to 'sound' sometimes (I have several alarms including stereo, another phone, and actual alarm clock and the other half... who usually wakes me when all the others have gotten to annoying, lol), and it's set to go off a couple of minutes after the others (as it's the newest). I watched it flash and then show the snooze option described. Like others, not before the update?!?!

However, I tried moving the sound file I use for the alarm to the phone memory and no problems since
    01-05-09 02:04 PM
    I am having the same problem. I used my Storm as an alarm clock before the OS upgrade and it worked everytime. Now it seems to work every once in a while. I set my clock to go into bedside mode..when I wake up at nite I notice the clock is gone..and the phone is at the main screen, sometime with 1/3 of the screen whited out. At 4AM last nite, I found it like that and the time on the mainscreen was 12:20AM. Wierd?!! Anybody having the same issue?

I did set the vibrate and sound and only the vibrate worked this morning.
    Oh, the screen showing the wrong time; mine does the exact same thing sometimes when I go into bedside mode. If you click the screen though, it goes back to normal
    01-05-09 02:06 PM
    Last nite I discovered none of my alarms were working. The alarm clock, phone call ringtones were not working either. I went into the media player and ringtones would not play form there. So....I pulled the battery...and whooaaa...everything came back fine, my alarm clock function and phone call alerts work. When in doubt pulll the battery.
    01-06-09 07:32 AM
    I gave up my Voyager which I was using as an Alarm clark when I got my storm. Problem is...this Alarm clock on the storm seems to be hit or miss. Twice now I've set it, and twice I've only made it work on-time because I happen to wake up before my Blackberry fails to go off.

Actually, I shouldn't say it fails to go. I've watched it supposedly go off on the time set, however there is no sound. I did a test setting a few minutes after I woke up, and lo-and-behold, it makes noise to wake me up, yet when I set it and go to sleep, I wake up only to see that my Blackberry is making no noise, yet it asks me to Snooze/Dismiss. What is going on here? Why does it work, and then doesn't work? I've turned off Vibrate but that didn't help.
    I am having the exact same problem as "themax". My alarm was working fine until 2 days ago and now it "goes off" but no sound- just the snooze/dismiss option and a lighted screen. I have experimented with various bedside mode, sound, time, and volume options with to no avail. Then, I'll try my alarm later in the day and, bingo, it miraculously works. VERY FRUSTRATING!! I'm a first time Blackberry user and I really WANT to like this phone; however, I'm kind of worried that something as "simple" as an alarm clock feature can get this messed up. I'm usually relatively tech savy, but this one is stumping me. I have about 5 days left of my 30 day return period, and I'm seriously contemplating bringing this back. Can anyone help!! I've tried all the other suggestions that have already been made. Thanks so much!!!
    01-07-09 08:16 AM
    agree. I've never had any problems with my alram clock, sorry.
    01-07-09 12:44 PM
    Mine seems to be working fine except for the escalating volume option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:04 PM
    Pull the battery out....sounds like the same problem as my post. It worked for me and the issues has not returned.
    01-07-09 02:56 PM
    I am also having the exact same problem as a couple of these guys. When I wake up in the morning (to my hubbies alarm) the display on my phone is showing that the alarm sounded with the snooze/dismiss but it never went off. I sat there & watched it supposedly go off as well yesterday morning!! I test it at night though & it goes off fine. I have no sounds what-so-ever in the morning. I will receive text messages & phone calls but there will be no sound until i turn the phone off & then back on. It's like it goes silent over night & then never comes back on even though all the sound settings are showing as normal!!! I rely on my alarm every morning so this is very inconvenient!! Any solutions!?!
    01-08-09 10:04 AM
    I am also having the exact same problem as a couple of these guys. When I wake up in the morning (to my hubbies alarm) the display on my phone is showing that the alarm sounded with the snooze/dismiss but it never went off. I sat there & watched it supposedly go off as well yesterday morning!! I test it at night though & it goes off fine. I have no sounds what-so-ever in the morning. I will receive text messages & phone calls but there will be no sound until i turn the phone off & then back on. It's like it goes silent over night & then never comes back on even though all the sound settings are showing as normal!!! I rely on my alarm every morning so this is very inconvenient!! Any solutions!?!
    01-08-09 10:06 AM
    I use my Storm as my alarm clock every day without issue.
    01-08-09 10:23 AM
    I set my alarm as a back up. When i woke up with my regular alarm, there was "an unexceptional error" or something to that effect on my storm and my alarm never went off.
    01-09-09 08:49 AM
    Check the options you have set for the clock, and make sure you've selected a sound profile from the main screen that isn't "silent" or "vibrate only" or "phone only"...just my .02
    I put it in silent every night and it works fine... However... when I had .85 on my phone the alarm didn't work when it was on silent. But I only used it for one night. I'm back on .75 because I had to take the phone into Verizon.
    01-09-09 01:49 PM
    I had the same problem when i 1st got mine. u have to upgrade to the .75 OS if u dont already have it. This fixes the glitch on the alarm clock and BBS runs smoother. Or just take it to ur Dealer and they will do the upgrade for you and fix the problem
    01-09-09 02:23 PM
    For those that are having no problems (and I'm having some but not the same as others). Do you have security on (password to access phone) or not?

For those with problems same question.
    01-09-09 02:34 PM
    I'm kind of worried that something as "simple" as an alarm clock feature can get this messed up.
    This is a bit contrary to how this kind of software is developed -- usually even if a small feature such as an alarm clock is buggy, that is not an indication that the entire system is experiencing failure or that a totally unrelated feature will also be buggy. It's just an indication that the smallest and least critical bugs (such as alarm clock) have been pushed to the back burner to attack more critical, significant bugs affecting the basic operation of the phone.

Too bad I cannot figure out an answer to this... sometimes phones have an option to ring only once or do a continuous (repeated) ring such on a phone call, and that might have carried over to the alarm, but I don't think Storm has this.

The alarm clock has worked fine for me up until last night when I tried to set the alarm and the thing crashed. So that may be an indication that the entire alarm clock may be experiencing some issues, especially with leaked software (I am on .83).
    01-09-09 02:37 PM
    I had the same problem, but when I moved from .65 to .75, it never happened again.

With .65, I also watched the phone as it "went off." No sound. I switched sounds, set it again, and watched it. No sound. I didn't really know what fixed it, but upon thinking, it's always worked once I upgraded to .75.

Good luck.
    01-09-09 03:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD