I apologize if this has been asked in a previous thread. I am awaiting the arrival of my storm [hopefully updated] and one of my main concerns is AIM messenger. A friend of my has the storm and I can't ever see her when she is on. Before I get the phone, I would like to know if anyone knows how to get AIM to work, or is she just apart of the "bad batch."
    12-14-08 04:48 PM
    I have AIM installed on my Storm and have no problems with it whatsoever. IS your friend just hiding in invisible mode?
    12-14-08 05:11 PM
    every once in a while, aim will have some issues where your buddylist doesnt show up. I think theres a server glitch or something. it works fine beside those times.. i havent signed on aim on my PC since getting my storm.
    12-14-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks guys!!!
    12-14-08 05:31 PM
    just one more question???

Do the messages come via text message or in normal AIM conversation form?
    12-14-08 06:54 PM
    The AIM app that comes with the Storm sucks! You cant see buddy icons or away messages.... I'm waiting for Beejive... It's worth the $20
    12-14-08 06:56 PM
    The AIM app that comes with the Storm sucks! You cant see buddy icons or away messages.... I'm waiting for Beejive... It's worth the $20

i think its not as bad as you say..

the only problem is the buddy icons or away messages..

you can send pictures and files and have most the control you have just like on a pc. and when you compare that to the regular aim client on just about any other phone on the planet.. noone comes close.

its always a third party app that makes instant messengers work better..

the actual messenger clients on blackberry are more realistic then any other mobile real client..

the others don't hold a candle..

but when you start moving into things like beejive..

its a different ball game

I do agree the aim client on bb needs a update but its still way ahead.. and the yahoo msn and gtalk clients are fantastic..
    12-14-08 07:06 PM
    I've replaced all of the IM clients on my storm with Instango. Works really well.
    12-14-08 07:11 PM
    I have no complaints against the AIM app on the Storm. Mine works flawlessly
    12-14-08 07:12 PM
    Works good on mine!
    12-14-08 07:27 PM
    just one more question???

Do the messages come via text message or in normal AIM conversation form?
    Normal AIM conversation form. You'll receive notification and then you need to go to the application itself to chat.
    12-14-08 07:55 PM
    I have no complaints against the AIM app on the Storm. Mine works flawlessly
    Yep same here. I've been using it off and on for two days now. Works good.
    12-14-08 08:21 PM
    I have a problem that arouse when using AIM. I had a buddy that logged into aim. I get the notification that he is online in the messages. For some reason, that message cannot be deleted. I have tried just about everything, and it isnt working.

Any suggestions would help.
    01-02-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD