Internal Error. Please try again later.
    Unexpected Error. Please try again later.
    Unexpected Server Error: If you were signed out due to this error please sign in again. (100)

These errors are what plagued me for many many days now. In-fact many hours on the phone with tect support, but be at ease my fellow berrys, for my buddy Frank from Black berry and I figured out the problem.

It's your Group Names bro! If your not famillar with AIM, You can catagorize your "buddies" into groups, hence group names. Well guess what... if you have certain "Symbols in your group names the phone will throw these errors at you and will imeditially kick you off after you sign in.

As of this moment the tabooed symbols are the @ symbol and quotation marks " "

It took me maybe some 6 collective hours, but by jove I found the answer.

Please make this a sticky, I've noticed a few people around the forums have similar problems, which makes sence, because AIM pretty much lets you put what ever symbols you want in the group names, even though the moblie version is very picky on what charaters are in the group names. Also if anyone finds out anymore symbols that cannot be used please post them below.

Thanks guys... and uh

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Bruce
    Last edited by UnTaroAdun; 12-29-08 at 06:35 AM.
    12-25-08 12:03 AM
    All you need to do is remove the symbols from the Group Names via Computer, Sign off, and Whammo it should work on your blackberry. I was informed that this is a crude work around and that this is a know issue. They are currently working on resolving the issue, but who cares! AIM WORKS BABY!

I've found that these symbols can be used in buddy names and not affect weither you can use AIM on your BlackBerry or not, but if those symbols are in your group names you'll have a feast of error messages and head-aches, luckly it's easy to fix.

Also if this is not in the correct section of the forum, feel free to move it, I was a little excited and also very new to this forum so i didn't really look for a proper place to post. Also the phone i have is a Storm so thats why i posted it here, although this problem is Blackberry related so more phones than the Storm will be affected.

By the way,

I didn't check for speeling nad gammer errors, but i know they'res allot.
    Not sure how this forum works, but please don't bash me for that

Anyway, I'm tired and beat, but hopefully this helps all the people who open their new phones today and realize they can't sign onto aim, hopefully they find this post and save themselves hours of tech support.

Once again

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT AIM WORKS NOW!!!!!

Bruce
    Last edited by UnTaroAdun; 12-25-08 at 12:26 AM.
    12-25-08 12:10 AM
    just tried it. mine is working now! thanks
    12-25-08 12:38 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!! thank you dude....smooches
    Last edited by NewYorkChic; 12-28-08 at 07:55 AM.
    12-28-08 07:51 AM
    i made 1 group, labeled it people on my pc. signed out correctly, loaded it in the storm, and still the same thing
    12-28-08 05:26 PM
    I've been trying to get on aim for like 3 months now. I had the @ symbol on one. Of my group name took it off and now I'm able to sign in on my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 05:40 PM
    i made 1 group, labeled it people on my pc. signed out correctly, loaded it in the storm, and still the same thing
    Not sure then.

Make sure every group is fine. Also take the spaces out of "People on my pc"
    or even name it something shorter like "PeoplePC" or something.

I have no clue how touchy the storm is with group names, but you got to be carefull. Even look at all the names in your buddy list's for something strange. I haven't personally found anything that lead me to believe that buddy names can trip up the blackberry as well, but it's worth a shot to figure it out.

Look again for @ and " " in the group names and even buddy names.

If non of that works, you may have to try the other fixes on this forum.

Good Luck
    12-29-08 06:32 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!! thank you dude....smooches
    Your welcome

Enjoy AIM on your phone.
    12-29-08 06:33 AM
    Oh I have been....been using my old screen name instead of creating a new one
    Your welcome

Enjoy AIM on your phone.
    12-29-08 07:33 AM
    OMG. The Search function actually helped me out hahah.

I changed all my group names for symbols and it still gave me the internal error.

But, once I signed onto AIM with another screen name and then signed back on to my original, it worked fine. So try that!
    01-04-09 02:58 AM
    Hey guys need some help.

I have the BB Bold 9000. I installed AIM on it and have used it successfully but recently it wont sign me in. I've read the comments about using symbols in the group names but the only groups I have are: Online and Offline.

There aren't any symbols in my group names. Also I was using it signed in for a week successfully but when I restarted my phone, it wouldn't sign me in. I'm kinda confused. I've tried so many things, any ideas?

Thanks
    01-04-09 06:18 PM
    Well what does it say when you try to log in? The above fix is for the errors I listed up top when trying to log in. Ig you have the same errors as the ones listed then I don't know what to tell you lol. Try to log onto the name from a computer and sign off then try to log in with your phone.
    I hope that works
    Goodluck
    01-16-09 09:58 AM
    I found this thread while searching the web with the same problem. The symbols thing didn't apply to me, however the "different username" idea ended up working. However, I didn't even bother signing up with a different username, I just typed jibberish in the 'screen name' and 'password' fields, clicked 'sign in' and waited for it to tell me it wasn't valid. After that, I typed in my real info and bama! she works again.

I'm glad I found this thread, thanks to everyone, I just might stick around.
    01-23-09 06:06 PM
    I didn't have any symbols in my group names either and still couldn't log-in. I was getting the "unexpected error: sign in again..."
    Changing my AIM password worked!!
    03-02-09 10:07 PM
    Wrong THIS DOES NOT SOLVE IT FOR EVERYONE I deleted my whole buddy list after saving it so there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my Screen Name and still the same error. I got fed up with it and got Instango, I recommend this app.. You can get rid of your MSG GOOGLE AIM ICQ and other apps and just load them all onto that one application and it works really well! You wont have any stupid errors like AIM anymore if you use that.
    03-02-09 10:30 PM
    yeah above didnt work

so i just signed onto a different sn on my BB then i signed off and logged back to my original one and it works....for now....
    04-15-09 04:50 AM
    mine says connection error (65) : problem receiving data from the server and it is very annoying i made a new sn to try to solve the problem but it doesnt work i have never had this problem before ive tried battery pulls and rebooting and everything >.< was wondering if anyone had any ideas
    04-23-09 10:23 PM
    mine says connection error (65) : problem receiving data from the server and it is very annoying i made a new sn to try to solve the problem but it doesnt work i have never had this problem before ive tried battery pulls and rebooting and everything >.< was wondering if anyone had any ideas
    Did you download the new FB by any chance? Check out the thread titled FB = Broken AIM (the thread was just started). I am getting the same error message (as are others). We are working on ways to get it corrected.
    04-23-09 10:26 PM
    I have the exact same error msg that Twistidazn has. And no I don't think I have the new facebook. I don't even use the facebook I have in my phone. I use aim, but now I have that error msg and I need to know if u guys have any ideas on how to fix it. Plz help

04-25-09 06:12 PM
    Mine is the unexpected error: sign-in again if you are signed out due to this error.
    I've tried everything!
    It is just my main screenname. I changed the group names, changed my password, restarted...
    Nothing is working. Help D:
    08-24-09 03:25 PM
    Had the same problem just get instango and the problem should be fix, it looks better than aim plus you can have other instant messenger signed in at the same time. Hope this helped
    10-15-09 08:25 AM
    I just switched from the curve to the tour, installed AIM and it was working just fine for several days. All of a sudden yesterday, it went haywire & I get this error now: "Unexpected Error: Sign-in again if you are signed out due to this error. (100)"

None of my groups or buddy names had symbols. I deleted everything, made 1 group called everyone, re-added my buddies, changed my password and still, I cannot sign onto AIM on my tour.

Now what?
    10-15-09 09:19 AM
    Just as an FYI, I was so fed up with AIM not working and I've tried every single suggestion here in this thread, to no avail.........so, I d/l & installed he instango, set it up, ran it, added the account "AIM" to it, started it up and voila...........my regular AIM on my BB Tour is now working just fine. I have NO idea what instango has to do with AIM or why AIM is now all of a sudden working properly since I started the instango, but....AIM is now working on my phone, so I am, once again, a happy camper.
    10-16-09 10:55 AM
    thanks!!!!!
    01-08-10 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD