On previous dumb phones I owned, using Verizon's built in AIM application would cut into my texting plan.
    Because the texts were not considered IN, I sometimes got hit with a big bill.

So I've been thinking. When I use the Storm's AIM application, does it just use my data plan or does it still deal with my texting plan?

Also, if I need to find myself a new program that bypasses my texting plan to use AIM, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 02:50 AM
    On previous dumb phones I owned, using Verizon's built in AIM application would cut into my texting plan.
    Because the texts were not considered IN, I sometimes got hit with a big bill.

So I've been thinking. When I use the Storm's AIM application, does it just use my data plan or does it still deal with my texting plan?

Also, if I need to find myself a new program that bypasses my texting plan to use AIM, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It uses data not SMS, so no need to worry there. AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, etc. all use data.
    05-27-09 03:15 AM
    there is a possibility that some of the multi clients may use SMS.. I haven't run across one that does yet.

When I say multi clients I mean things like instanmgo or beejive where you can log into multiple messengers at one time in the same program.

But again none that I have used every used sms on a blackberry. all of the stock ones do not use sms they use data...
    05-27-09 05:37 AM
    there is a possibility that some of the multi clients may use SMS.. I haven't run across one that does yet.

When I say multi clients I mean things like instanmgo or beejive where you can log into multiple messengers at one time in the same program.

But again none that I have used every used sms on a blackberry. all of the stock ones do not use sms they use data...
    it is definitely possible that some of the other ones may use SMS. the only way to really be sure that they don't is to stick with the ones that come preloaded on the Blackberry. They all definitely only use data.
    05-27-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD