Ok...for all you black berry vets. but I am freaking out all of a sudden on Saturday night my menu button stopped working!! any thoughts, no sending text msg. nothing!!! I restarted my cell like 4 times took out the batt. all that good stuff phone is like a month old help a crackberry newbie out!!! Thanks!!!
    03-01-09 10:53 AM
    WARRANTY take it back.. do you have insurance on your phone either way its covered and you should be able to get a new phone
    03-01-09 10:54 AM
    yea just bring it back long as you never dropped it itll be covered by manufacturer warranty for defects.
    03-01-09 10:56 AM
    I agree you should take it back...
    03-01-09 10:58 AM
    I suggest you try a wipe and a reinstall of the OS before you chalk it up to hardware first...

I know it sounds odd, but it is possible that a software glitch has caused your BB to simply not recognize the BB Button input. What could it hurt, anyways? Worst case scenario, it still doesn't work. Best case scenario? Your BB is back up and running today instead of waiting until Tuesday or later for a possible refurb replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 11:28 AM
    Verizon will warranty the phone itself from defects for one year, regardless of insurance. I had a problem with my 8830 and they replaced it, no questions asked.
    03-01-09 11:29 AM
    how do i do a reboot of the OS?? Thanks
    03-02-09 09:13 AM
    how do i do a reboot of the OS?? Thanks
    Check for Jl Cmder
    03-02-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD