It all comes down to who is using the phone. The lady who cuts my hair just got one and loves it. She doesnt know the difference between SMS, MMS, GPS and UPS. I would call her "the average consumer".
    Im the general consumer, all though I know the difference between,SMS,GPS,and UPS...I think? ha ha I only bought the phone because it was the " Ohhh look at me Ive got the latest and greatest between me and my sis" I am haveing no problems with my phone, Ive added 3rd party apps. a new web browser,a few themes. So....hmm shoot what was I getting at here? Oh yeah....It's a simple phone to use...allthough a new OS update would be nice, I guess Im just going to have to break down and upgrade to a hybrid or a beta? Any suggestions?
    05-16-09 09:40 AM
    I'm trying to understand why you guys are trying to help somebody who gave up on the device.. Unless this is his/her odd way of asking for help :}

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 09:49 AM
    Platform .174. The OS version is .141.

Where are you getting the uncaught exception and what apps do you have on it? Last uncaught exception I got was in the dialer, when trying to go into the options back somewhere in the .8x I think

05-16-09 10:05 AM
    So u have a pearl and a bb bold . Lemme ask u why on earth would anyone with those two phones want an iphone?

05-16-09 10:09 AM
    This is why the Rants section is a waste... 75% flame and 25% help.

Ya'll lay off till the OP rants again. She was p1ssed and might have been someone that could be helped
    05-16-09 07:35 PM
    I have yet to own a smartphone that hasn't had a random reboot or occasional freezes, whether winmo or RIM. Seems to be the nature of the beast. Of course I have only been on Verizon, so don't know if it could be the phones or Verizon's modified OS.
    05-18-09 11:16 PM
    I'm trying to understand why you guys are trying to help somebody who gave up on the device.. Unless this is his/her odd way of asking for help :}

PotBB

So u have a pearl and a bb bold . Lemme ask u why on earth would anyone with those two phones want an iphone?

This is why the Rants section is a waste... 75% flame and 25% help.

Ya'll lay off till the OP rants again. She was p1ssed and might have been someone that could be helped
    wat. ^^^ op just wanted to whine publicly because she felt she was wronged by a piece of plastic. Most of us can see through that crap by now.

Woop de doo! a freakin quick peek at the line that shows the version and i read the Platform number! DUESH!
    yep, very bright. We here are all um...du..esh..es?

the rants section will always house idiots who whine and people who call them out. Just par for the course. If people honestly want help, they'll ask for it
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-19-09 at 12:43 PM.
    05-19-09 12:23 PM
    isnt the Storm's demographic aimed at CONSUMERS???? so in reality, any member of the general public should be able to buy the phone and use it with no problems, instead of having to learn about how to get around all of the shortcomings of a device that was put out too early? you shouldnt have to download third party apps and leaked OS's to make a phone work like it should have out of the box. im sure you are going to assume that im "just another dumb member of the general public" but last i checked the storm was a phone, something thats supposed to make your life EASIER.
    Newdad is right, this is a great device for me and other degenerates that enjoy putting some time into technology, but out of the box for "the general public", it's a joke. i assume some big brains at verizon and bb know what they're doing in the long run, but it's hard to recommend the storm over the iphone to someone that isn't going to take the time to install the os leaks. That being said, I am totally happy with my storm (.141).
    05-19-09 12:54 PM
    I believe that regardless of weather or not I can load leaked os it is Verizon responsibility to fix the issues since I bought the phone from them and pay for their service

05-19-09 01:01 PM
    I believe that regardless of weather or not I can load leaked os it is Verizon responsibility to fix the issues since I bought the phone from them and pay for their service

I guess that depends on the nature of the issues.

There are many users out there who feel that os .75 is stable and totally capable
    05-19-09 01:11 PM
    The storm is a great phone and .75 OS is not the best but its not the worst either.
    05-22-09 12:34 PM
    I guess that depends on the nature of the issues.

There are many users out there who feel that os .75 is stable and totally capable
    That is called ignorance. That is not a put down, just the fact.
    05-22-09 03:54 PM
    That is called ignorance. That is not a put down, just the fact.
    oh oli, we here have come to realize that you wouldnt know fact if you got plowed by a dumptruck full of encyclopedias

experience is a funny thing. It varies from person to person.
    05-22-09 04:57 PM
    Woop de doo! a freakin quick peek at the line that shows the version and i read the Platform number! DUESH!

The uncaught exception code last came up from my messages I was checking an email attachment and of course this genius phone couldn't do it. I have also got phone app errors and java.lang. out of memory error. I just pull the battery and app memory is up again..and I also make sure i close my apps after I use em it keeps the phone running at a somewhat tolerable rate.
    Are you trying to say ******? Because that was just a fail, also calling someone a shower (in english) is so very offensive.

05-22-09 05:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD