I was soo happy when I got my BBS I was antsy about getting it . Now I have had it for about 6 months and its been ****! I hate this phone! I have had it replaced like 3 times cause the phone has completely crashed! I have done countless os upgrades with no improvement! The phone is ridiculously slow!! it reboots its self at least twice a day! It freezes constantly and takes about 5 to 10 minutes to figure out what the heck its doing! i get constant errors and "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: YADA YADA PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING!" notices only to take it into verizon (WHICH BTW SUCKS FOR TECH SUPPORT!) with my bazillion complaints and they give me a new one. BUT it doesn't fix the problem! Whats a new one? Another one I have to update get email straightened out transfer contacts lose information, and still have the same problem.I don't Think so!! I love BB I had a BB pearl and a BB bold and none have given me as much problems as this one! I have decided to commit BB suicide im gettin an iphone dammit!
    When a better version, and by better I mean actually functional and work at a somewhat normal pace, BB Storm comes out I will think bout it..

05-15-09 06:23 PM
    Good luck with whatever you're getting.

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:26 PM
    was that the first BBS or the second one?
    05-15-09 06:28 PM
    well cya...
    why do people post these?
    like anyone cares? lol its true.
    05-15-09 06:38 PM
    well cya...
    why do people post these?
    like anyone cares? lol its true.
    A VENT SMART ONE. obviously you read it!
    05-15-09 07:29 PM
    I still don't understand why people don't like the Storm, works great for me......
    05-15-09 07:30 PM
    If its a rant, you're in the wrong subforum

If you want help, start with what OS version you're running (safe guess .75) and where you get the uncaught exception

correction

Right subforum now
    Last edited by kuroshio; 05-15-09 at 07:36 PM.
    05-15-09 07:34 PM
    hahahahahah you're doing it wrong
    05-15-09 07:41 PM
    If its a rant, you're in the wrong subforum

If you want help, start with what OS version you're running (safe guess .75) and where you get the uncaught exception

correction

Right subforum now
    Thanks for the correction... no actually running v .174 it still freezes and reboots on its own i was really hoping the upgrade would help as I've jumped from upgrade to upgrade and still fail...
    05-15-09 07:41 PM
    All I hear about is "this is my third, fourth tenth BB storm" am I the only one that got the storm when it came out and still have the original one i purchased with out any problems? I have loaded plenty of leaked OS upgrades, screen ajustment and DL losts of scetchy apps. I have managed not to lock up my phone or render it useless. Just luck i guess?
    05-15-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the correction... no actually running v .174 it still freezes and reboots on its own i was really hoping the upgrade would help as I've jumped from upgrade to upgrade and still fail...
    there is no OS .174, only platform .174

i knew you were doing it wrong

you're clearly far too intelligent to waste your genius on the storm
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-15-09 at 07:54 PM.
    Well GOOD FOR YOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Now *poof*....be gone with ya

And take this link with ya

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/

All I hear about is "this is my third, fourth tenth BB storm" am I the only one that got the storm when it came out and still have the original one i purchased with out any problems? I have loaded plenty of leaked OS upgrades, screen ajustment and DL losts of scetchy apps. I have managed not to lock up my phone or render it useless. Just luck i guess?
    most of the people posting that stuff appear to be functionally ******** from the sounds of their posts.

"my storm rebooted so i exchanged it for a new one"

good lord.
    05-15-09 07:47 PM
    Platform .174. The OS version is .141.

Where are you getting the uncaught exception and what apps do you have on it? Last uncaught exception I got was in the dialer, when trying to go into the options back somewhere in the .8x I think
    05-15-09 07:51 PM
    Hope you find a device you like better.
    05-15-09 08:11 PM
    there is no OS .174, only platform .174

i knew you were doing it wrong

you're clearly far too intelligent to waste your genius on the storm

Woop de doo! a freakin quick peek at the line that shows the version and i read the Platform number! DUESH!

Platform .174. The OS version is .141.

Where are you getting the uncaught exception and what apps do you have on it? Last uncaught exception I got was in the dialer, when trying to go into the options back somewhere in the .8x I think
    The uncaught exception code last came up from my messages I was checking an email attachment and of course this genius phone couldn't do it. I have also got phone app errors and java.lang. out of memory error. I just pull the battery and app memory is up again..and I also make sure i close my apps after I use em it keeps the phone running at a somewhat tolerable rate.
    05-15-09 08:19 PM
    I was soo happy when I got my BBS I was antsy about getting it . Now I have had it for about 6 months and its been ****! I hate this phone! I have had it replaced like 3 times cause the phone has completely crashed! I have done countless os upgrades with no improvement! The phone is ridiculously slow!! it reboots its self at least twice a day! It freezes constantly and takes about 5 to 10 minutes to figure out what the heck its doing! i get constant errors and "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: YADA YADA PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING!" notices only to take it into verizon (WHICH BTW SUCKS FOR TECH SUPPORT!) with my bazillion complaints and they give me a new one. BUT it doesn't fix the problem! Whats a new one? Another one I have to update get email straightened out transfer contacts lose information, and still have the same problem.I don't Think so!! I love BB I had a BB pearl and a BB bold and none have given me as much problems as this one! I have decided to commit BB suicide im gettin an iphone dammit!
    When a better version, and by better I mean actually functional and work at a somewhat normal pace, BB Storm comes out I will think bout it..

Oooh, look, another member of the general public. Remember, they are dumb as dog doodie. Just look at the ratings for 'Two and a Half Men'.
    05-15-09 09:06 PM
    Woop de doo! a freakin quick peek at the line that shows the version and i read the Platform number! DUESH!

The uncaught exception code last came up from my messages I was checking an email attachment and of course this genius phone couldn't do it. I have also got phone app errors and java.lang. out of memory error. I just pull the battery and app memory is up again..and I also make sure i close my apps after I use em it keeps the phone running at a somewhat tolerable rate.
    Wierd... honestly, sounds like something got fuggered in one of your OS installs. If you wanna give it a go before you go try wiping the phone blank and installing .75 fresh (no restore from backup).

Just resync your contacts and readd the email accounts manually. Then upgrade directly to .141 and reinstall your 3rd party apps from scratch. Seems like a lot of work but if one of the databases is corrupt and you're restoring it onto the phone, it could potentially affect every OS installed after it got pooched.
    05-15-09 09:29 PM
    Have fun using that iPhone on VZW

05-16-09 12:11 AM
    Good luck with whatever you're getting.

PotBB

yep i agree
    05-16-09 05:49 AM
    You could get a TracFone and it would be better than the Storm, might as well go that route!
    05-16-09 06:07 AM
    Oooh, look, another member of the general public. Remember, they are dumb as dog doodie. Just look at the ratings for 'Two and a Half Men'.
    Hey Hey Hey...I watch Two and a Half Men. I download all the stuff that makes my storm go fast. I LOVE MY PHONE.
    05-16-09 06:52 AM
    I agree with the post above, sounds like you are doing something wrong or you did something wrong. If you are willing to go again, wipe the device with JL commander. Start fresh. I would even delete all OS off your computer through control panel----add/remove programs. Reload OS of choice. Start there and see if your device performance improves.
    05-16-09 08:05 AM
    isnt the Storm's demographic aimed at CONSUMERS???? so in reality, any member of the general public should be able to buy the phone and use it with no problems, instead of having to learn about how to get around all of the shortcomings of a device that was put out too early? you shouldnt have to download third party apps and leaked OS's to make a phone work like it should have out of the box. im sure you are going to assume that im "just another dumb member of the general public" but last i checked the storm was a phone, something thats supposed to make your life EASIER.
    05-16-09 08:58 AM
    isnt the Storm's demographic aimed at CONSUMERS???? so in reality, any member of the general public should be able to buy the phone and use it with no problems, instead of having to learn about how to get around all of the shortcomings of a device that was put out too early? you shouldnt have to download third party apps and leaked OS's to make a phone work like it should have out of the box. im sure you are going to assume that im "just another dumb member of the general public" but last i checked the storm was a phone, something thats supposed to make your life EASIER.
    It all comes down to who is using the phone. The lady who cuts my hair just got one and loves it. She doesnt know the difference between SMS, MMS, GPS and UPS. I would call her "the average consumer".
    05-16-09 09:24 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD