ok...

hereeeeeeeeeeee we goooooooooo...

i have been trying to send myself pictures via my computer to my Storm using Outlook 2007...i send the pics to all of my emails that are on my blackberry and each one comes up with cannot display or view the attachment on your device...

i call tech support at VZW...transfered from level one, to level 3, to RIM in Singapore...

3 hours on the phone...now this is what RIM came up with...

I sent him emails with pic attachments to his blackberry...he recieved them fine...opened them up without a glitch...he then fowarded me back what i sent him, opened fine, not a problem.

he then has me use my webmail account to send to myself...perfect, not a problem...

he has me use another email account that doesnt involve outlook, perfect, not a problem...

so then he has me totally wipe the STORM clean, and re-install the attachment viewer and it still wont let me see anything that i send from my outlook...

so...with the help of this diagram below maybe you can draw a conclusion...

OUTLOOK -------> MY STORM = CANNOT OPEN ATTACHMENT
    OUTLOOK -------> RIM BB in SINGAPORE = OPEN ATTACHMENT FINE
    RIM BB in SINGAPORE -------> MY STORM = OPEN ATTACHMENT FINE
    WEBMAIL -------> MY STORM = OPEN ATTACHMENT FINE
    DIFFERENT EMAIL CLIENT no OUTLOOK -------> MY STORM = OPEN FINE

ok...sound nuts but ANY IDEAS

thanks !

G
    12-04-08 11:23 PM
    Call back in the morning and get someone from the east coast.. actually make that the afternoon

oh and the answer is.. what format is outlook sending in? plain text, rich text or html? pop, smtp exchange?

On second thought, why are you using email instead of mass storage mode?
    12-05-08 12:31 AM
    dude, it looks like u can't send attachments from outlook to ur storm...

sorry i had to..
    12-05-08 12:37 AM
    question, do u hide ur sent messages or not?

if u hide them, unhide them and try viewing the attachment from the "sent" message
    12-05-08 12:38 AM
    Go to Outlook and Tools/Options. Go to Mail Format tab and turn off Word as your email editor and change the format to HTML. Apply and OK. Close Outlook and then open it back up. Send a test message and see if it works. If it does, great, if it doesn't, do the following.

You'll need to recreate your Outlook profile. Basically, just the config, not the data. If you're POP3, the PST file is easy to find usually in your local profile directory under Local Settings/Microsoft/Outlook. Just right-click on Outlook icon off your Start Menu and hit Properties. Go to Profiles and Delete it. Recreate the profile from scratch and launch Outlook. Send a test message.

One of these should work... if not, you have issues with Outlook and the next step would be a reinstall of that app.

And yeah, just use Mass Storage Mode... work smart, not hard.
    12-05-08 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD