I just did the update, and now when I try to open an email attachment, it says "More request cannot be completed Service book information not found"...I searched on here, and find its a pretty common fix to "resend" your service books.....but I cant find anywhere to show me how to do that....any help?

Also, my e-mails work, but I no longer have seperate Icons for each of my e-mail accounts like I did before the update....now just both my e-mails go straight to "messages" folder.....any help here?

Thanks!
    12-07-08 12:36 AM
    from my search:

lol don't do the battery pull yet

the first step is to resend your service books you can do this by logging into your bis account or from the device itself

options>advanced> host routing table> bb menu key then click on register now.

then go to setup email setting's

the easier way would be to use the account
    by logging in
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

and going to service books and sending them..

if you dont have a account on that site make one if you get errors about an account already existing you may need to call verizon to get that login information to that site..

with a BB that site will become your easy quick best friend

If these steps don't work it could be part of the current outage with RIM.. But it was mostly effecting browser access and not emails so this may work. Most connection issues email,web icons etc are service book issues.. so best bet is to just try resending the books first.. the books send quick almost instantly most the time.
    12-07-08 12:43 AM
    u need bb attachment services installed too i believe
    12-07-08 12:44 AM
    ^^

10 char
    12-07-08 12:44 AM
    Ok, that worked to get the e-mail icons to show back up.....but I can still not view/download any attachment in an e-mail....it still gives me the same error.
    12-07-08 12:48 AM
    and I would install that attachment service how?
    12-07-08 12:49 AM
    through DM
    12-07-08 12:59 AM
    It says I already have it installed.....
    12-07-08 01:02 AM
    it lies...
    12-07-08 01:10 AM
    I had the same issue after upgrading to 4.7.0.76.

Here's what you need to do: go into the Service Books listing under Options/Advanced Options. Go ahead and select your email address service books, the ones with CMIME at the end. Delete those, then sign into BIS and resend the Service Books.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Just for the sake of completeness, here's the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center KB ID for this issue with the fix: KB11217
    Search for KB11217 on BlackBerry Technical Solution Center and you should find it.
    Last edited by nick125; 12-07-08 at 01:22 AM.
    12-07-08 01:18 AM
    OK, so I found this thread through a search, and followed the instructions for when I was getting the error about "More request cannot be completed Service book information not found".

So I did the register and service books things outlined in the quoted post above.

The only thing I didn't understand is the stuff about signing in to BIS. I'm not sure what that means, there's a link above that I was unable to sign in to, and I wasn't sure if that meant something I sign into from my blackberry, and how to do that?

In any case, ignoring the above paragraph, after I did the steps for the fix, including deleting the CMIME stuff, I get a different error.

I open the message, click on the attachment, click Open Attachment, and I get the message: "An unknown error was encountered". If I try download attachment instead, it says, "The attachment is empty and cannot be downloaded."

I'm pretty sure I did everything right from the previous responses, even did a batter pull after doing so.

Can anyone please help me out?? I never had any issues getting attachment with my Pearl before. Thanks!
    01-10-09 08:11 PM
    Just realized the BIS stuff above might be referring to logging on to teh link, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw from the browswer on my Storm....? If so, I tried that and sending the service books from there. Still can't open or download my attachments.
    01-10-09 08:20 PM
    OK, nevermind! Sorry about the false alarm.

What I was doing was trying to email myself backgrounds/wallpapers from Stormgrounds.com. Apparently, when it did so, teh attachments weren't really there in the emails I got, I couldn't open them from my Yahoo mailbox either. So I just saved them adn emailed them to myself and was able to open them from my Storm.

I'm pretty sure I needed to do the service books thing anyway, so I guess I got passed that at least.

Thanks anyway.
    01-10-09 08:54 PM
    I just did the update, and now when I try to open an email attachment, it says "More request cannot be completed Service book information not found"...I searched on here, and find its a pretty common fix to "resend" your service books.....but I cant find anywhere to show me how to do that....any help?

Also, my e-mails work, but I no longer have seperate Icons for each of my e-mail accounts like I did before the update....now just both my e-mails go straight to "messages" folder.....any help here?

Thanks!
    Try a battery pull. You may have to do this several times
    01-10-09 09:27 PM
    Wow. This was very helpful information. After having considered it for weeks, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade my Storm to .113 and experienced the same issues (mailbox icons missing and unable to download/open attachments) as described by the OP.

I, too, had to re-download my service books by followiing the instructions above - after which both of the icons I was missing reappeared on the home screen. I found, however, that I did not have to connect to the Desktop Manager and reload the BB attachment services, despite still not being able to open either of the attachments I experienced issues with earlier. Seems resending them to my vzw.blackberry account was sufficient enough, as I was then able to open them without issue.

Thanks to all who contributed!!!
    04-10-09 11:20 AM
    This will help if after you updated to the .148 on the storm and could not download attachments on your phone because of the your storm not finding the necessary service books.

Setup Folder on main screen>Email Settings>When the email settings screen comes up push menu button>Select and click Service books>This should bring up the "Send Service Books" screen that states:

If you are experiencing difficulties
    sending or recieving email from your
    Blackberry device, send service books to your device.

On the bottom of the screen you have choice of Cancel or Send Service Books. Select Send Service Books and all your problems are solved.
    06-08-09 01:08 PM
    i am not able to open any email attchments
    05-19-10 02:51 AM
    Looks like I am not the one one.. I cant download email's attachment, there is no "save attachment".
    05-24-10 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD