I seem to have a problem here. (almost) Every time I charge my phone, the screen becomes unresponsive requiring a battery pull. It's been happening on all the OS's I've had so far. Is there something I'm missing here. I haven't seen anyone else having this problem. Honestly, I think it's because I'm not using an OEM charger. I don't have one, so I can't tell.

If I go to choose an option, it won't select. And if it were responding to touch, it would be screwed (It would select things I didn't select, or it would highlight an icon on the right side when I touched the left side of the screen).

Can anyone here help?

I think the charger I have is causing interference. That would be the best bet, since it's an incredibly cheap $5 charger. Normally I wouldn't trust my BB to a pile of crap such as that , but I have no other charger.
    02-24-09 05:38 PM
    bought the correct charger and no issues.
    Jeff
    02-24-09 06:00 PM
    I seem to have a problem here. (almost) Every time I charge my phone, the screen becomes unresponsive requiring a battery pull. It's been happening on all the OS's I've had so far. Is there something I'm missing here. I haven't seen anyone else having this problem. Honestly, I think it's because I'm not using an OEM charger. I don't have one, so I can't tell.

If I go to choose an option, it won't select. And if it were responding to touch, it would be screwed (It would select things I didn't select, or it would highlight an icon on the right side when I touched the left side of the screen).

Can anyone here help?

I think the charger I have is causing interference. That would be the best bet, since it's an incredibly cheap $5 charger. Normally I wouldn't trust my BB to a pile of crap such as that , but I have no other charger.

You answered yourself on this one. A non OEM charger probably is not power regulated, and your taking the chance of actually frying you Storm. Just to a search on storm chargers and you will see some examples of weird things that can happen.

airems you beat me!
    02-24-09 06:02 PM
    Yeap, I've posted on several of these. Their have been alot of these issues. Our store only carries OEM's now because we've had several Storms fried from a generic micro USB before.
    02-24-09 06:04 PM
    I had the same issue and it effected my touchscreen response requiring a reboot. It must be a slightly different voltage or have voltage on some other pin or something. The vender even sent me a second one and it did the same thing. It was really for a LG VX9100 not a STORM.

I now use the USB to charge from the computer and the wall charger upstairs in my bedroom. I have none OEM charger in my car that works fine.
    02-24-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD