New to the site and to blackberry. I've been a gadget geek for years and have always owned somewhat upscale dumb phones. I love my ipod touch and spend hours and hours tinkering with my laptop and custom made pc. Getting to the point, my beloved blackberry storm is not any harder to figure out than any other gadget I've gotten my hands on. I read numerous posts on how terrible the device is and it seems to me that these users are simply unwilling to adapt to the products design. I love my storm. Its probably the coolest toy I've gotten in a long time. Of course, I know how to rip dvds , I am fluent in software and firmware upgrade procedures , I've been a computer geek forever and the learning curve on the storm was minimal. Most other phones, iphone included, are definitely simplified for the less tech savvy. Well there's my two cents. Fourteen days with my storm and I don't know how I got by without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 06:13 PM
    i have a curve i was playing with it at the store and i really didnt like it but Im glad it worked out for you guys that really wanted it, im still saving up for my bold...lol
    I Hava Curve As Well, I played With The Storm Inda Store Too And It Didn't Make Me Say "I Gotta Have This Phone" Like The Curve Did
    12-13-08 06:49 PM
    Awesome post. The storms touch is actually very accurate. I got used to the sure type in a few days and bang out a message pretty fast. Qwerty works really good to! The phone is just awesome. This damn website shouldnt even have an iphone thread. This is a blackberry website. Those haters come in here and hate on the best that is out now!

I mean. Dont compare it to a phone with keys on it. Its in a whole diffrent field. I wouldnt compete it with the iphone because that is apples touch phone. The storm is RIMS touch phone. In a whole diffrent way with the click screen. So need need to compare them. There will always be other makers that try and make something better. Its all about money and with people like me, they make it.

Apple is apple and Rim is Rim. Basically boils down to this. RIM is better then Apple. Period.

Thanks!
    12-13-08 07:07 PM
    Hello All. I Have Had My Storm For A Week And I Really Like It. It Was A Bday Present From My Wife. This Is My First Bb I Had A Env2. The Keyboard Is Very Touchy And I Have Lazy Thumbs. It Gonna Take Me Some Time To Get Used To The Storm But Overall I Really Like It. I Think The Wifey Wants One Too. Will Make A Great Xmas Present For Her.
    12-14-08 12:27 PM
    I have had mine since day one oh about 745 that morning actually. I love mine. yes the software was junk at first. Now no complaints except when I pick up the phone If I see it is in landscape or horizonal(I don't know the tech name for it) I will try and turn the phone so I can use it on that side. But because the sucker is so quick it changes before I have turned it to that side. So I am stuck it a stupidity loop. LOL It is my own fault. Does anyone else do this or am I the only dewfus that does this?
    12-14-08 02:29 PM
    I got my BB Storm (Verizon) on Friday, and before I got it, I did read all these great things about the features etc, which really got me excited to get the phone.

After having it for 4 days (and spending about an hour trying to figure out how to unlock it), I like it a lot (as most seem to after giving it some time).

One major problem I have though is like many others I've seen, I would like to access my IMAP server and be able to go through all of my folders with the standard configuration like I used to with my Treo 700w. I know that everyon says to use the BB Enterprise Server, however, I run all of my own servers (hosting company) and they are all linux servers. So, short of moving my primary domain to a Windows box and purchasing a bunch of new licenses, I think I'm somewhat screwed. I did find a couple of programs that lead you access the IMAP servers/folders with th BB Storm, but they are very difficult to use compared to the BB integrated mail client, or the Treo 700w (Windows Mobile) mail client. I also can't leave the applications running and notify me of new messages like the BB integrated mail client does, however, since it does at least notify me of new messages and allow me to delete them and read them from the IMAP server, it's not all bad, though I hope to find a work around for this, since eventually I am sure it will come up that I will need to access mail that isn't available to the Storm.

Also, to explain the lock issue a little more above. The first hour or so I had the Storm, I didn't put it down, and at some point, I think I must have accidentally hit the lock button on the top and it locked and wouldn't let me in. I didn't have the book with me, just my laptop, so I ended up searching around the internet, found a few sites with the same issues, and a few people said look at the top of the phone and there is a button with a lock on it, so, I looked, but since the room was dark and the lock was so dark, etc, I spent forever trying to make sure that I could unlock the phone (taking the battery out, then locking the phone, over and over, wanting to make sure if it got locked I could unlock it). I finally did find that there were the two buttons on the very top of the phone (not on the face of the phone, but really the top), one on the left for locking, and one on the right for mute.

All in all, I like the phone, no major issues here.
    12-15-08 01:58 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD