I've been given a lot of thought about this and 1GB no matter how ya cut it is not a lot. I'm hoping with future releases of OSs that better memory management will be considered but who knows.

And with the App store about to open I know I will be filling my Storm QUICK!!!!!

Anyway, so what I tried was this application, Aerize Card Loader 2008.

Basically what it does is, it allows you the ability to store all your applications on your memory card. So when a app is needed i.e. a game then you would launch the Aerize and select the one you want, then it would install it on your phone so you can play it! Once done just delete the game and it remains stored on the sd card.

In theory this is a great idea. But with every great idea there are hick-ups.

1) The app would not offer to store the 3rd party apps that are home made i.e StormSaber, StormTazer, StormDice, etc. It would only store my 3rd party apps I got from companies.

2) It will not do anything with apps that are currently installed on your phone which means once you have Aerize loaded you will need to delete the apps you want to store and load them again from the OG sources so Aerize will do it's thing.

3) Also this program cost $20.00 bucks plus $5.00 bucks for OTA security charge.

4) And the whole process was taxing on my Storm because 75% of the apps deleted require a reboot to complete the deletion which drained my battery super quick and my QuickPull stopped functioning properly so I had to reinstall it.

Here is the link to Aerize: Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software

Here is the PDF manual: Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software

Here is a try it version: https://www.mobihand.com/product.asp...nstall-utility

Wow it looks to be on sale!

So that is my review.

Would I recommend trying it? Sure the trial is seven days with the full program so give it a shot. I personally was thinking it had to be all or nothing but I guess a large percentage stored is better then nothing.

For the ones that Aerize Card Loader 2008 will not store I can do the following.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Please use caution and read and understand all steps before you proceed.

I learned how to backup my 3rd party apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

With this all your third party apps are safe on your PC. I did this last night and then I retrieved one app back onto the Storm and it worked.

I am currently running a test, how many apps can one have installed on a Storm?

Here is my breakdown using OS 99 and I deleted everything that came with the Storm that was not nailed down i.e. all the sample stuff, the word programs, and what ever else I don't use.

I followed this process: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I do have to say this I'm only reporting what I DID, so please read the links above carefully and decide for yourself if you feel comfortable using these methods.

So this is what I have on my phone right now:

Storm Piano
    Snapple Cap
    Storm Sketch
    Storm Tazer
    Storm Fu
    Storm Saber
    StormLevel
    Fortune Cookie
    Magic 8 Ball
    Fart
    PBA Bowling (full game)
    Berry Screen Clean
    Tiltris
    Dice
    Shaving Berry
    A secret app I'm beta testing.
    Opera Mini
    QuickPull
    LogMaid
    Slacker
    Flycast
    AP Mobile
    Moodio F.M.
    Memory View
    Memory Manager
    Aerize Optimizer (kinda sucks)
    Storm Lock
    QuickLaunch
    Capture It
    StormStat
    2 custom themes
    I think that's it. Wow that's alot!

My memory right now is holding @: 40MB

The app store is right around the corner and like it or not we are going to fill our Storms so I hope everyone will start to think about memory management.

As for me? I'm going to do a backup tonight and delete the majority of apps off my phone and save my money for March.

thanks,
    James
    02-19-09 09:51 AM
    Wow great write up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 05:22 PM
    Hay this was my first review!

I don't even get a "good job"?

Or "man that sucks"!

Oh well.
    02-20-09 12:16 AM
    Thats pretty good man! I don't plan on getting that anytime soon but I'm sure once the app store comes and my memory starts trickling down I'll cough up the $20 and get it.
    02-20-09 01:14 AM
    I had this app, and I would have to say it is the least convenient way to use the Storm imaginable. Think about it for a second... You have to install the app whenever you want to use it... That usually means setting up all your preferences and options all over again. Then when you are done, you delete the app...which almost always requires a device reset (which takes several minutes).

Whoever created this app either had absolutely no idea how a BB actually works, or did know and wanted to inflict the maximum possible frustration upon all of us.

It sounds good in theory but ended up being a horrible experience that I would never repeat... Kind of like every stunt you see on Jackass.

02-20-09 02:05 AM
    I tried it too and got frustrated before I even stored anything on the card. There HAS to be a better way!
    02-20-09 02:09 AM
    I had this app, and I would have to say it is the least convenient way to use the Storm imaginable. Think about it for a second... You have to install the app whenever you want to use it... That usually means setting up all your preferences and options all over again. Then when you are done, you delete the app...which almost always requires a device reset (which takes several minutes).

Whoever created this app either had absolutely no idea how a BB actually works, or did know and wanted to inflict the maximum possible frustration upon all of us.

It sounds good in theory but ended up being a horrible experience that I would never repeat... Kind of like every stunt you see on Jackass.

You said everything I was trying to get across but in compact form! LOL

You are correct in everything except for me the load time was ultra quick.

But your right al changes are not saved.
    02-20-09 08:49 AM
    I just want to know about the "secret app" you're beta testing...and why you are saving your money for March...???...
    02-20-09 08:54 AM
    Good to see you got this working James.
    02-20-09 08:58 AM
    I just want to know about the "secret app" you're beta testing...and why you are saving your money for March...???...
    Well the maker wanted it kept secret so when all the changes and adjustments are done it will be shown @ the app store and here! And the reason why I'm saving my pennies is because I suspect when the app store opens (in March) that the apps will not be free! I read a article that states in the contract for a developer to sell there app in the store that a %age of there sales goes to Blackberry.

thanks.
    02-20-09 09:13 AM
    Good to see you got this working James.
    Yeah, but the constant rebooting is a real drag.
    02-20-09 09:14 AM
    Come on people this is good stuff!
    02-24-09 06:45 PM
    would be awesome if we did not have to restart to finish deleting. by the way good job
    02-24-09 09:55 PM
    Oh, thank you very much!
    02-25-09 12:00 AM
    With the app store being opened soon I think this needs a bump!
    03-05-09 01:10 PM
    I had a Treo - now I have a Storm - and am totally mystified why they don't set these things out of the box to handle all the Apps then KNOW we will want to use - every device OS should be set up to use the Media card memory IN FULL. To have to us these 3rd Party programs is ridiculous.

That being said - are there ANY alternatives to this program? Otherwise - I don't see any other solution to a chronic low memory state.

Lou

BTW - great review!!
    04-17-09 05:27 PM
    If there was I would be all over it! LOL And thanks for the comment!
    04-17-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD