I wanted to get some opinions. Which one works better on the Storm (Aerize vs BB Alerts or other)? What do you prefer and why? Thanks
    01-03-09 09:46 PM
    I wanted to get some opinions. Which one works better on the Storm (Aerize vs BB Alerts or other)? What do you prefer and why? Thanks
    I got Aerize for the Storm...not a huge fan of it. I like the idea of the app, but the program isn't optimized for the Storm touch screen. It's a little funky...or maybe it's just me
    01-03-09 09:49 PM
    Moved to the Storm 3rd party apps sub-forum. This is where topics about 3rd party apps for the Storm belong.
    01-03-09 09:50 PM
    i've tried both bb alerts and aerize and i prefer aerize. i forget now exactly why i didn't like bb alerts but it was something pretty annoying. aerize isn't perfect but i'm very happy with it!
    01-03-09 09:52 PM
    If aerize had mark and delete for SMS and reply from the popup it would be perfect. I enjoy the program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:43 PM
    I have liked Aerize so far. I tried the Peekawho and it slowed my storm down big time so I deleted that...haven't noticed my storm running any slower with Aerize.
    01-03-09 11:21 PM
    If aerize had mark and delete for SMS and reply from the popup it would be perfect. I enjoy the program.

+1 That option would be great.
    01-03-09 11:49 PM
    Aerize is ok. Half the time when I hit open on a sms it won't take me to my sms folder. Also when I hit ok on an alert it closes me out of whatever app I'm in, really annoying so I have to make sure to hit the back button instead.

01-04-09 12:42 AM
    Aerize is ok. Half the time when I hit open on a sms it won't take me to my sms folder. Also when I hit ok on an alert it closes me out of whatever app I'm in, really annoying so I have to make sure to hit the back button instead.

1. Check permissions and set ALL permissions to ALLOW.

2. Make sure you have 1.2.1. I was getting the same problem with 1.2.0. The new version solved it. Also, When I open an SMS it always opens the emails first, pauses, then opens the SMS inbox (mine are separate). I think that's the only way they can get it to work. I am running .75.
    01-04-09 12:46 PM
    make sure to test the trial..I moved back to paw because of annoying mms/visual voicemail issues and not playing nice with today pro app. A few of us get garbled popups during voicemail and sending multiple mms.

PAW has work with no bugs except I was experience lagging, however after a wipe it's been running smooth now for a couple of weeks.
    01-04-09 01:19 PM

2. Make sure you have 1.2.1. I was getting the same problem with 1.2.0. The new version solved it. Also, When I open an SMS it always opens the emails first, pauses, then opens the SMS inbox (mine are separate). I think that's the only way they can get it to work. I am running .75.
    I've done both of those things and neither one of them makes it so when I press open, it opens to my sms'. It just goes straight to messages.
    01-04-09 01:31 PM
    I've done both of those things and neither one of them makes it so when I press open, it opens to my sms'. It just goes straight to messages.

Are you running the official .75 OS? Are your SMS and email boxes separate? Do you have more than one email? Just trying to figure out what you and I have different since I finally got it to work right after doing the things above.
    01-05-09 02:26 PM

Already did this when I first installed and its the 1.2.1 version. It was a free copy (from the promotion) so its no biggie, not bad enough to unistall it. Most of the time it will eventually get to SMS after the pause you talk about but sometimes it doesnt and just stays in the messages folder. The hitting ok and it exiting is the only annoyance but hitting back button solves that. It obviously needs some more tweaking though before I would pay anything for it.
    01-05-09 06:21 PM
    I'd have to agree with you. There are some simple bugs that seem to be something that should be fixed. Hopefully they keep improving it. But hey, I got it free too .

01-05-09 06:32 PM

There is an option for this. Open up the Program and set these options:

Show if: Anyone

Button Layout: Bottom Grid

Body Preview: Short

Auto Dismiss: Disabled

Font Size: Normal

This will put a "Mark" and a "Delete" option on the pop up alerts.
    01-05-09 07:09 PM
    There is an option for this. Open up the Program and set these options:

Show if: Anyone

Button Layout: Bottom Grid

Body Preview: Short

Auto Dismiss: Disabled

Font Size: Normal

This will put a "Mark" and a "Delete" option on the pop up alerts.

NO, This is NOT true for SMS. No matter what options you choose, you can not get mark and delete for SMS.
    01-09-09 07:17 PM
    I got a free copy of Aerize from the promotion a couple weeks ago. However, I'm not getting any notifications. I just finished sending 2 test emails (to my Blackberry address), and no notice pops up. Could there be some setting elsewhere that's 'overriding' it?

This is my first BB, so it could be a stupid user.

My settings are:

ENABLE FOR: Email and SMS
    SHOW IF: Anyone
    BUTTON LAYOUT: Stealth
    BODY PREVIEW: Short
    AUTO-DISMISS: 15 seconds
    01-09-09 08:12 PM
    I got a free copy of Aerize from the promotion a couple weeks ago. However, I'm not getting any notifications. I just finished sending 2 test emails (to my Blackberry address), and no notice pops up. Could there be some setting elsewhere that's 'overriding' it?

This is my first BB, so it could be a stupid user.

My settings are:

ENABLE FOR: Email and SMS
    SHOW IF: Anyone
    BUTTON LAYOUT: Stealth
    BODY PREVIEW: Short
    AUTO-DISMISS: 15 seconds
    Mine stopped working too. I thought it was free but its saying my trial is over.
    01-09-09 08:23 PM
    Mine stopped working too. I thought it was free but its saying my trial is over.
    After reading someone's mention of a newer version, I installed 1.2.1 over 1.2.0 and now it seems to be working fine. Not sure what was up with that previous install.

Never mind - go about your business.
    01-09-09 08:30 PM
    I use Aerize and like it pretty much so far...
    01-09-09 08:46 PM
    After reading someone's mention of a newer version, I installed 1.2.1 over 1.2.0 and now it seems to be working fine. Not sure what was up with that previous install.

Never mind - go about your business.
    I am running 1.2.1
    01-09-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD