Ok here is the deal, since owning a storm (had a curve before) I tinker with this thing all the time...that's not the issue, except for a little nagging to get off that crackberry site.

My wife is now due for her new phone and wants that new LG that is coming out (the one with the attachable keyboard). Here is the advice I would like, how to convince her a BB is the way to go? She likes to text, borrows mine for the internet, etc. Still does not want to take the BB leap. Any suggestions?
    02-21-09 03:33 PM
    let her get the new LG and save $30 a month
    02-21-09 08:23 PM
    Use the backhand my friend!!! It doesnt leave finger prints HAHAHAHAHAa just kidding please dont kick my @ss ladies!
    02-21-09 11:33 PM
    Recentley took advantage of the BOGO offer VZW has to get a storm for my wife. I'm not sure it's worth the extra data plan on my bill at this point.
    02-22-09 10:23 AM
    Recentley took advantage of the BOGO offer VZW has to get a storm for my wife. I'm not sure it's worth the extra data plan on my bill at this point.
    +1

I just recently got my first blackberry. Outside of regular calls and texts she doesn't really use any other feature on this phone while at work. Also she finds the screen too small really to view any of her work documents she gets via email, and prefers to use a laptop.
    02-22-09 10:33 AM
    The Versa looks to be an excellent phone. The Dare has been good so I would expect the Versa to be comparable. If you really want to sell her on a BB(I sell them everyday lol) find a few apps that you know she'll like or that will make any aspect of her day easier and she's sold.
    02-22-09 11:19 AM
    My wife has been getting my phone hand/me/downs for years (not much of a wait since i am such of a gadget freak) last year i broke down and started getting her the phone she wanted without argument... the peace was so very worth it!
    02-22-09 02:21 PM
    My wife has been getting my phone hand/me/downs for years (not much of a wait since i am such of a gadget freak) last year i broke down and started getting her the phone she wanted without argument... the peace was so very worth it!
    Good advice.
    02-22-09 04:14 PM
    I would say either buy one get one free cost savings speech or the new Blackberry that flips opened/closed if it is available in the BOGO offer...

You could always bedazzle a Blackberry...
    02-23-09 12:41 PM
    I would say either buy one get one free cost savings speech or the new Blackberry that flips opened/closed if it is available in the BOGO offer...

You could always bedazzle a Blackberry...
    That phone isn't carried by VZW yet. Probably 2 to 3 more months. Storm, Curve, Pearl and 8830 are all options on BOGO offer if it still stands.
    02-23-09 01:04 PM
    let her get the new LG and save $30 a month
    30 day trial. Get her a Curve or Storm depending on which she wants and then see how much she uses it. If she uses the net, email, bbm, etc. enough to warrant the 30 extra a month...and, of course, you can afford it at the moment...then let her decide.

I always wanted a BlackBerry but never thought I'd need it. I took the leap for the storm and now realize how bored I'd be in between classes, work, etc. if I didn't have have a smart phone.
    02-23-09 01:37 PM
    Only downside with the 30 day trial is that if she changes her mind you'll get hit with a $35 restocking fee on the exchange order.
    02-23-09 01:43 PM
    Only downside with the 30 day trial is that if she changes her mind you'll get hit with a $35 restocking fee on the exchange order.
    True...but 35 bucks is a lot cheaper than her wanting the BB and having to break her contract to get it....or may be a fair trade off in order to no hear her complain for a year plus because of it
    02-23-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD