Hello.

I'm new to the BB (coming from iPhone, testing the BB) and I'm looking for some advice on how to best set up my email based on our current e-mail system. Our studio is set up with POP and IMAP (via Google Apps). I originally was using the google apps BB application for accessing email, but because of the lack of ability to view PDFs, or even save attached PDFs to the BB to view via a PDF reader, I had to ditch that (which is a bummer because, otherwise, it was really nice). So, now I'm trying to set up email via the BB itself.

My biggest issue, whether POP or IMAP, is that I'll be sitting at work all day using my desktop, dealing with emails (deleting, replying, etc.). Then, when I leave the studio, I check my BB and all of those emails I've already read are still sitting on the BB. That's kinda annoying. But, maybe I'm doing something wrong here? Basically, it'd just be nice if an email I read/mark as read in my desktop client wouldn't show up as "New" on my BB.

So, I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how to best deal with this sort of situation? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kristin.
    01-21-09 03:37 PM
    I have the same issue. It seems to be a big problem for a lot of people. I called tech support today and they could not help me because my email is using IMAP.
    01-30-09 02:15 PM
    Yea, I ended up going with the Google mobile app and then set up a secondary BIS address so when I receive attachments via Google mobile that I can't open (or save) via the app, I then forward to the secondary account and can access it. A bit of an extra step, but, at this point, other than BES, the only solution. Well, aside from going with a different device which can support IMAP (which is what is looking like is going to happen with us).
    k.
    01-30-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD