Need help and your opinions on a better calender planner type program for my storm...

What do you use and how do you like it?

Rich C
    03-04-09 02:17 PM
    I used to use Pocket Informant by WebIS for my WM phones, best PIM organizer in my opinion. They just finished the Storm version about a week ago.

webis.net
    03-04-09 02:21 PM
    Second for Pocket Informant. Looked at and/or tried 12 different Task/PIM apps. My primary focus was on the Task management, but Calendar was still very important. Coming from Palm background so very spoiled, and Pocket Informant won out. $19.95 for v1.50 was money very well spent!

If you want more detail Search on my posts and look for ones with Agendus, Pocket Informant or otehr relevant terms in the title.

- R.
    03-04-09 08:25 PM
    Does Pocket Informant use the native task and calendar app? I sync my BB calendar w/ Google calendar, so this is a must for me.
    03-05-09 05:16 PM
    You can enable a 2 way sync with them which runs constantly.

- R.
    03-07-09 04:10 PM
    I just downloaded the trial of pocket informant and am really liking it already. Question I had though..I saw on the options where I could set up different colors for personal, business appts etc. Now I have 2 gmail accounts that are shared and sync with google sync(since you can only set up the sync to one acct) is there anyway to tie those accounts so that when it syncs, anything from [email protected] will be labled that way and [email protected] etc? Or would I always have to go into the calendar once it syncs and update that option? Or if I add it from pocket informant, how to make sure it syncs with the correct gmail account?
    03-10-09 11:41 PM
    Whoa - good question but way beyond me! I think there is an issue with appointment colours as the BB doesn't support them or something. Best to post on the WebIS forums. Check out WebIS, Inc. Forums -> Pocket Informant for BlackBerry

- R.
    03-11-09 07:59 PM
    I installed the trial version of PIM for Storm ver 1.5 last night (and reinstalled tonight). It keeps locking up my BB though.

The install goes smoothly, I can launch PIM and navigate throughout the app fine. Until I do a synch. Once i synch and I try to launch PIM my BB locks up. The screen backlight will turn off/on (as it should based on the timer) and occasionally the "please wait timer" will show, but that's it. The screen will not respond to any other presses; and even the clock does not advance. I've put in a ticket with WebIS, but I was hoping someone here might be able to add some insight.

My storm is running .114 with the .109 keyboard file.

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

Edit: If I delete the PI databases through BB DM, PIM will function again.
    Last edited by k1768; 03-26-09 at 07:50 PM.
    03-26-09 07:42 PM
    I'm afraid I can no longer recommend Pocket Informant. I have had an intermittent bug pop up where the sync from Outlook almost caused huge numbers of Calendar events to be deleted from Outlook. Fortunately I was able to reject the changed before they took effect.

However, in at least 1 of these instances something caused some records to be duplicated. In the latest instance of this issue I was traveling and had created new Calendar events in my Berry for new appointments. Since the only fix to my problem is to do a 1 way sync from Outlook, replacing all native PIM and PI records, now I have to manually review all Calendar events in my Berry and add any new ones to Outlook so I can then do the 1 way sync to get things back on track. This is both laborious and has huge potential for error.

The support team at WebIS keep saying it's caused by PI syncing to the wrong Calendar, but I only have 1. They can't help me beyond that.

Please note that I am running PI 1.6, and an S1 with .122. I also have PI set to sync from the native PIM. Different configurations may have different results.

In general I like PI, but I rely too heavily on my PDA to live with this kind of potential error. I am now looking for a PI alternative. Given the problem may be with the Storm, unless the S2 is WAY more stable and trouble free than the S1, I will also be looking for an alternative to a BB very soon.

This was my first venture into smartphones, and after hearing so much about BB's being so reliable, I am very disappointed.

- R.
    09-25-09 07:14 PM
    After much time spent on this I've discovered it's not PI - it's the Berry. Apparently Berries are designed to delete user data when free memory is low. "Old" Calendar entries are included. Check out the Storm 9530 thread "To all those "Don't worry about memory.." comments... " for details.

Good thing those RIM engineers are so much wiser than I am and can decide for me when my data should be deleted. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over!

So apologies to PI - it was not a PI issue. Actually, I just upgraded to 2.0 of PI and my endorsement of this program got even stronger - it's an excellent PIM!

- R.
    11-29-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD