For the advanced guys that really know about BBs, how can it be that these phones can be so different from one another? Why is it that some phones, mine included, can work so good and others you just hear so many nightmares about?
    How much of it is attributed to user and error and how much is actually the phone? Do certain people not know how to install an OS or do they do certain things to the phone to cause it to become corrupt?
    10-27-09 12:14 PM
    I often wonder why this was like you said. The same phone, the same software, the same apps, but some phones crash and burn and some work great (like ours). I have had very little problems with mine. It hums like a finely tuned car.
    10-27-09 12:17 PM
    For the advanced guys that really know about BBs, how can it be that these phones can be so different from one another? Why is it that some phones, mine included, can work so good and others you just hear so many nightmares about?
    How much of it is attributed to user and error and how much is actually the phone? Do certain people not know how to install an OS or do they do certain things to the phone to cause it to become corrupt?
    Good question. My opinion is two-fold:

1. Yes, I believe user error plays a big role. Researching how to properly upgrade, including backup of apps and data, and how to properly restore, reduces problems with OS installs IMO;
    2. I also believe (and this is pure conjecture on my part) that since the 9530's were built in different locations, in some instances they may use different parts. Like capacitors etc that are still to spec, but aren't consistent from build to build. I suspect that these little differences may be part of why different folks have different issues, but like I said, pure conjecture.

*deposits $.02*
    10-27-09 12:18 PM
    I don't know but I fancy myself very tech savvy and mechanically inclined and I only have one issue with the new OS and it seems to be the one that only one other person has.

I finally got to the point of wiping the phone and trying the install again. I'm not sure if it's an ID10T error or what but hardware is not the most reliable stuff on earth. All of it acts differently when stressed. Take computers for example too, one computer could be fine but the next could have issues running the same programs. Most of it relies on the underlying architecture.
    10-27-09 12:20 PM
    I believe its mostly a user error. Because user error isnt just software problems, its also hardware. They could have dropped the phone, water damage, etc. It could also be the conditions your phone is kept in, even if its not your fault. Some places may be more humid, hotter, colder, dusty, etc. than others. All of that can affect how well a device works.
    10-27-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD