I know how to add / remove applications, but I have a slightly different question for the real techie / guru's... When you remove an app, does it actually remove it completely from the system?

Reason I am asking is, I see where some poeple have 40+ of app space. I haven't had that much in a long time. Over the course of having my storm I have added and removed numerous apps and I don't feel like I have a great deal on my BB S1 now, but I hover around 18-25 of app memory. I have quickpull and it goes off every day at 3:30am.

So my real question is, not that I know what my base pgms are and what I use. If I were to 100% wipe the phone and only reinstall those apps I use on a regular basis, would I gain any more app memory? Or do you think it would stay about the same.

Here are my current apps:
    pixelated, twitter, facebook, app world, bbgps golf, google maps, google sync, quickpull, weather bug

Apps I have had in past:
    opera mini, vlingo, viigo, dragon for email, bing, slacker radio, pandora, poynt

Thanks,
    Ben
    05-18-10 12:54 PM
    Just like on a computer, some apps and themes do leave behind a few files, so a wipe with a clean OS installation (no restore) and reinstall of applications should free up a little app memory for you.

You can try looking through your files that are visible with File Manager, and you may also be able to delete a few orphan files that way.
    05-18-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD