HI

Finally taken the plunge and contacted BBC's Watchdog programme in the Uk over the dreaded Storm and Vodafone Uk !

Having tried over the last 6 mnths to get some kind of common ground with Vodafone and having waited as they asked for, for the latest OS, it is clear the phone is not fit for the purpose I purchased it for. They have blankly refused to cancel my 18 mnth contract and say to do so will cost me 420.00 ......... Why the **** should I pay them for supplying me with a faulty item !!! The joke of it, eh!

Reading all the replies quickly building up on Vodafones own e.forum, it is very clear the majority of users have had enough in the Uk and want something swiftly carried out from Vodafone. Vodafone are clearly hammering the comment it's not their fault it's RIM's .......... I ( we ) don't pay RIM for our contract, we pay Vodafone! So the buck stops with Vodafone and them only !

I won't go into my catalogue of complaints, the reason for my thread is for any Uk ( UK only please ) users who are experiencing the same problems with the Storm / Vodafone's customer relations etc, please fill in the 'Got a story' section on BBC's website ( Can't post the link as I have only posted 3 threads and require 10 !! Google BBC Watchdog and click on 'Got a story' ) so we as customers can get this sorted out!

Don't sit there moaning about customers services, signal problems, etc etc .......... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !
    05-15-09 10:43 AM
    Hi its tomtom24
    I have posted a reply at the BBC,I also sent emails to stuff mag,what mobile and t3 asking for some media support lets sit tight and see if we get anywhere. cheers
    05-15-09 11:37 AM
    Hiya Mark,

I'm one of the many who have requested an email and received it with mention of term fees and assurances that the matter is being escalated. I really do feel for the mods over there, and I'm sure they are trying, but I'm sure that a piece on Watchdog will give them a good kick up the arse! My details have been submitted, have you heard from them yet?
    05-15-09 12:06 PM
    I don't know exactly how many people on Voda UK have a Storm, but I hardly think that you can make a claim about "the majority" having issues... Unless of course, you HAVE come across some official figures. And of course you've filtered out any situations like CK/RC here, where one person is behind multiple accounts.

But d@mn! Over 400 quid to cancel a 1.5 year contract! And people on this side of the pond complain about $175 (probably around 120-150 quid). That is absolute highway (or high street) robbery!
    05-15-09 12:14 PM
    I appreciate your comments bigman, but this isn't about the majority here, this is about the way that those who have issues are treated. The issues with this handset have been numberous and the way we have been fobbed off with promises of workable firmware is ridiculous.
    05-15-09 12:23 PM
    I appreciate your comments bigman, but this isn't about the majority here, this is about the way that those who have issues are treated. The issues with this handset have been numberous and the way we have been fobbed off with promises of workable firmware is ridiculous.
    If you don't make claims that can't be supported, I obviously won't have anything to take issue with, will I?

I don't know how Voda UK treats people, but I will agree that they should be giving you an option to terminate your contract or switch you over to another device. You may have to pay an ETF (of which 400+ quid is ridiculous), but does Voda UK not have a trial period like the US branch of Voda (Verizon) has?
    05-15-09 12:30 PM
    If you don't make claims that can't be supported, I obviously won't have anything to take issue with, will I?

I don't know how Voda UK treats people, but I will agree that they should be giving you an option to terminate your contract or switch you over to another device. You may have to pay an ETF (of which 400+ quid is ridiculous), but does Voda UK not have a trial period like the US branch of Voda (Verizon) has?
    the trial period in hand is 14 days once that period is up then your stuck with the phone i hope it does go to watchdog be funny to watch it amount to nothing really
    05-15-09 12:49 PM
    Do voda do 14 day returns still? I know most mobile shops on the high street have stopped it now unless its faulty.
    05-15-09 01:01 PM
    The high street shops are different. If you deal by phone or web the Distance Selling regulations apply, but probably not for face-face sales in a shop.
    05-15-09 02:07 PM
    I don't know exactly how many people on Voda UK have a Storm, but I hardly think that you can make a claim about "the majority" having issues... Unless of course, you HAVE come across some official figures.
    Strange you should say that. I have direct contact with only 2 storm users here in UK (so its a small sample) but both are satisfied with their phones.
    05-15-09 02:10 PM
    Strange you should say that. I have direct contact with only 2 storm users here in UK (so its a small sample) but both are satisfied with their phones.
    i cant see the tv show watchdog doing anything about it really i have a launch storm and it works above and beyond what i need
    05-15-09 02:11 PM
    Any idea how many people have wrote into watchdog? If you guys have what responses have you had from them?
    05-15-09 02:37 PM
    Any idea how many people have wrote into watchdog? If you guys have what responses have you had from them?
    problem being is it needs to be across the board for watchdog to do anything does anyone actually know how many faulty storms there are
    05-15-09 02:38 PM
    Just had a reply from the BBC saying that they will be in touch for more details,also had a reply from what Mobile mag so watch this space!
    05-15-09 03:21 PM
    same issues and yes i too have contacted watchdog re the signal issues ive experienced from week 1 in nov was told to wait for firmware by vf customer services, thus going out of my 14 day return and the firmware in dec .78 build did zip to the signal then 5 months later along comes the 141 build heralded by vodafone owns staff as the fix to sort all issues and it does well fix some give some more bugs and does nothing for the signal loss. so now im trying to get an exchange done to a different model and thats just going nowhere fast
    05-15-09 03:38 PM
    crackberry is also a smaaallll sample it would be interesting to see how it is in the real world. I have a feeling your small sample group is much more accurate than a lot of the posts we are seeing here on CB, no one who has no problems with the phone is going to make as much noise as the ones who do have problems hehe
    05-15-09 03:50 PM
    hi all i tried to post this on our efourm but you got it,they pulled it saying i cant post from third party sites,you what its a vodafone service.
    //campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/complaints/ this was not an easy find mmmmmmmm wonder why . give it a go and all the best with your woes
    05-17-09 01:08 AM
    just as a side note to all this....im on my second vf storm and find it totally unacceptable how we as customers have been treat.....speaking to a vf cs on saturday morning i lost my rag a little and asked to speak to his manager/supervisor...i was told one wasnt available but i would get a call back.....i thought yeah right.....anyways lo and behold a nice lady called me in the afternoon i told her i wanted to either cancel my contract or have the phone replaced with a nokia e71 (i allready have a bold and a crve).....she offered me the e71 for 50 quid plus 6mths contract extension......i said strongly no thanks not good enuff.... eventually after much ranting i settled on extending by 6 mths to 18 mths and getting the e71 for free........... now the surprising bit.....the storm isnt returnable and is mine to do with what i want....go figure....... so push em hard and it seems that they can do the decent thing......
    05-17-09 04:30 PM
    just installed 141 no issues
    05-17-09 04:48 PM
    hi all i tried to post this on our efourm but you got it,they pulled it saying i cant post from third party sites,you what its a vodafone service.
    //campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/complaints/ this was not an easy find mmmmmmmm wonder why . give it a go and all the best with your woes
    Good find ......... Thank you!

E.mail sent to Ms Hext, a Vodafone director so we shall see if I am able to get anywhere with her!

The Mods on the Vodafone e.forum remove my post's immediately cus they hate the darn truth and together with all the others complaining they cant handle it!

Ah! Bless em, eh!
    05-21-09 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD