06-08-08 11:06 AM
    SWEET!
    06-08-08 11:55 AM
    Must...see...the...OS....!
    06-08-08 12:09 PM
    First time post obviously. But I cannot WAIT. I've never owned a BB so adjusting to not having the keyboard shouldn't be that difficult.
    06-08-08 12:15 PM
    SWEEEEEET! That is a good looking device. Is it an iPhone killer? Could be if it has a browser like Mobile Safari. I just got a Curve on VZW like a month ago, but this might make me upgrade again! But, as said earlier, we need to see the OS. Lets get some videos!
    06-08-08 02:13 PM
    I'm likin' the looks of this phone. I can't wait to play with it in-store to see just how good it truly is. Here's hoping it really will be an iPhone killer.
    06-08-08 05:10 PM
    I'm not so excited about the Thunder. While the iPhone defines cool, and the multimedia experience on it is second to none, I really don't like typing on the touchscreen. I prefer actual keys to virtual ones. I also get the feeling the touchscreen is a tad fragile - which is supported by the fact that ATT does not insure them.
    For those two reasons I've decided I don't want a touchscreen for my work phone. I gotta say, I'm admiring the Bold more and more. I love my Curve, but...
    06-08-08 05:36 PM
    Doesn't do anything for me. I think nearly every touch screen phone looks the same.
    06-08-08 05:40 PM
    Doesn't do anything for me. I think nearly every touch screen phone looks the same.
    Heh! Good point. The front pretty much has to look the same. I guess the companies could distinguish them by making the backs look different. 8^P
    06-08-08 05:46 PM
    I'm likin' the looks of this phone. I can't wait to play with it in-store to see just how good it truly is. Here's hoping it really will be an iPhone killer.
    Who cares really? It's just my personal thought that every phone should stand on its own merits. If I wanted an iPhone killer, I would have just kept my iPhone; not compare every thing else that comes out to it.
    06-08-08 05:51 PM
    Who cares really? It's just my personal thought that every phone should stand on its own merits. If I wanted an iPhone killer, I would have just kept my iPhone; not compare every thing else that comes out to it.

AMEN!!!
    Why worry about some new phone being in Iphone killer. Either get an Iphone for what it does, or get the BlackBerry or any other touchscreen phone on their own merits.

Like its been said before (Kevin) its like comparing Apples to BlackBerrys. They have their own outstanding qualities. We just have to decide which qualities we want in our devices.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the 9000, but I would be interested in toying with the Thunder since I came from a touchscreen 680 and a windows 8525. It would be a cool back-up device for me.
    06-08-08 06:13 PM
    OK so here is my take on the Thunder. I have owned the iPhone and the 8830 and the 8330. I must stay with VZ for reception so either the Bold or Thunder will be great for me. The iPhone has a great Browser and html email which i loved but the rest of the phone would not work for me.So I switched to Vz for a BB and goods reception. iPhone has no search which is a must. Had poor reception, VZ helps alot there. So having to stay with VZ for reception, the Bold would be great or a touch screen Thunder is nice also. I want the upgraded browser and OS with html mail. Thunder would be good for internet with larger screen space. Search function, aftermarket software, and more ram. That is why either the Bold or Thunder should fit my needs. VZ and Rim make a good couple. Any updated word when the bold will be out on the Bold.
    Last edited by davidlw; 06-08-08 at 06:56 PM.
    06-08-08 06:54 PM
    I'll wait until verizon screws up and its released by T-Mobile
    06-08-08 07:05 PM
    Call me crazy. I have never really liked touch screens. I have had Palm Pilots and palm based smart phones. My wife has a chocolate, and at work I use a lot of touch screens---------I just don't care for them that much. I am not sure why, maybe i will grow to like them I would assume.
    06-08-08 07:26 PM
    I think this looks amazing! But as others have mentioned, what will the OS be like and how functional will the browser/video and music player all be? I'm still going to get the BlackBerry Bold 9000, but this deffinitely makes me want to investigate the Thunder further.
    06-08-08 07:30 PM
    Yeah, it has a big touch sceen. It will likely sell well. Do I like it? I like my keyboard.......BOLD please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 07:40 PM
    Kiss your battery good-bye. Prime reason why I left the Mogul. I'll never go back to a touch screen device. I'll never leave Sprint either so it's all moot for me anyway. I use my BB for work and no one at my company would ever purchase a touch screen BB. Bring on the Bold...

I am SO sick of hearing iPhone killer. Like was said, your device should stand on it's own merits. I have an iTouch, that's as close as I will EVER come to owning an iPhone.
    Last edited by otacon72; 06-08-08 at 07:54 PM.
    06-08-08 07:48 PM
    Kiss your battery good-bye. Prime reason why I left the Mogul. I'll never go back to a touch screen device. I'll never leave Sprint either so it's all moot for me anyway. I use my BB for work and no one at my company would ever purchase a touch screen BB. Bring on the Bold...

I am SO sick of hearing iPhone killer. Like was said, your device should stand on it's own merits. I have an iTouch, that's as close as I will EVER come to owning an iPhone.
    I didn't want to throw my Mogul out the window b/c of the battery; I just thought the whole Mogul moment was disastrous- IMO, its a piece of expensive junk. And the HTC Touch, well, lets just say, I got tired of touching ti.

I'm also another that will never leave Sprint. I've read countless horror stories, and quite frankly, I'll be the 1st to say that Sprint has been verrrry good to me. I've had a few times in which Sprint and I werent seeing eye to eye; but in the end- all worked out to MY benefit which made me really happy.
    06-08-08 08:24 PM
    Apple has 20% of the smartphone market, and falling. RIM has 42% and climbing.

An IPhone killer seems unnecessary.

Now if you could get the iPhone on different carriers, and if it cost half as much, and if was actually a decent phone...

Meanwhile, BlackBerry marches onward.
    06-08-08 08:27 PM
    Apple has 20% of the smartphone market, and falling. RIM has 42% and climbing.

An IPhone killer seems unnecessary.

Now if you could get the iPhone on different carriers, and if it cost half as much, and if was actually a decent phone...

Meanwhile, BlackBerry marches onward.
    I thought with the 3g iPhone being imminent, Apple would continue to be on the rise?!
    06-08-08 08:51 PM
    Must...see...the...OS....!
    i like the way you think...agreed
    06-08-08 09:05 PM
    I'd get the Thunder as a backup to my Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 09:08 PM
    I dont think I want another touch screen as a primary or backup. Physical keys mean a lot to me- but I didnt appreciate that until spending time with a touch screen device. And although the Treos are touch screen, the button layout made the operate of it independent of having to touch the screen- more like you had a choice.
    06-08-08 09:18 PM
    I want it to be an iPhone killer because I'm sick of Steve Jobs and sick of Apple. And I for one am tired of hearing "iTouch." It's an iPod Touch, not an iTouch.

Also, to a poster before me, how do you consider a phone that's been released for (almost) a year that owns 20% of the smartphone market to be on the decline? It has almost twice as many owners as the entire Palm series, and it's been on the market for far less time.
    06-08-08 09:29 PM
    I want it to be an iPhone killer because I'm sick of Steve Jobs and sick of Apple. And I for one am tired of hearing "iTouch." It's an iPod Touch, not an iTouch.

Also, to a poster before me, how do you consider a phone that's been released for (almost) a year that owns 20% of the smartphone market to be on the decline? It has almost twice as many owners as the entire Palm series, and it's been on the market for far less time.
    Thats no different than the Sprint Curve being called the sCurve- some thing you just get used too, no matter how irritating it is.
    06-08-08 09:34 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD