I should have my Storm waiting for me when I get get home from school tomorrow afternoon, and I have to go somewhere that night so I was wondering how long it takes to activate the phone? I would like to use it tomorrow night if at all possible.

Also, would it have enough charge to last about 2.5 hours if I charged it as long as possible from about 3 when I get home to about 6:30 when I leave?
    12-01-08 06:52 PM
    bump......
    12-01-08 07:36 PM
    Yea, I don't think it's a good idea to charge your phone for only 3.5 hours for the first charge. Re-chargeable batteries usually have break in cycles that can take up to a week to get the full charge out of your battery. I personally wouldn't 'speed' charge it for 3.5 hours then go out with it that night.

Hope that helps.
    12-01-08 07:43 PM
    Ok thanks.. I guess I will be Stormless for one more day
    12-01-08 07:47 PM
    False, it will be fine to partially charge it. Li Ion batterys do not need a "break in" like NiMH batteys do.
    12-01-08 08:15 PM
    Lol hmm... I think I will probably just charge it as much as I can and risk it . Could I really do a lot of damage even if it was necessary to charge it fully the first time?
    12-01-08 08:30 PM
    If time is not an issue, how long should the new battery be charged? Do I get to play with it while its charging? Or should I let it be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 08:32 PM
    I would imagine charging it as long as possible and then taking it out to play would be fine.. just make sure you plug it in when you get home and let it take a good charge overnight.. Ill be getting my storm tomorrow as well.. I was about to ask the same question... how long does it take to activate?
    12-01-08 09:09 PM
    Apparently no one knows... in stores it seems to take maybe 15 minutes tops to activate normal phones... I don't know if Blackberrys or online activation or whatever it is is any different.
    12-01-08 10:04 PM
    When I got my Curve it was "instant". I called in the number to activate it. Went through the steps. Did the, I can't remember, I think *228? Or whatever. Then it was ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 06:55 AM
    it is right away, i work at a circuit city and know the ppl at vr very well. and when i ordered my phone she said to just call the number to agree to the terms and your done...

and yes my store is closing
    12-02-08 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD