Hey all,

I picked up my new Storm2 today and am activating it tomorrow so I am finishing my final back-up today.

With the new Storm2, I received a 16 gig memory card. I currently have the Storm1 with an 8 gig card. My question is what the easiest way is to transfer the data from one memory card to the other (or is this done automatically when I do the backup and will restore when I have the new 16 gig card inserted in the Storm2).

Also, I picked up a new skin for the Storm2 as well. Was wondering if my old Storm1 holster would still fit it.

Thanks for any help.
    04-15-10 10:19 PM
    Use your PC, drag and drop where needed.
    04-15-10 10:43 PM
    Or if you dont need 16 gigs just through in the 8 gig.
    04-15-10 11:01 PM
    So it wont back-up the card automatically when I back-up the BB?

And also, will I need a card reader if I manually back it up?
    04-16-10 01:09 AM
    Hey all,

I picked up my new Storm2 today and am activating it tomorrow so I am finishing my final back-up today.

With the new Storm2, I received a 16 gig memory card. I currently have the Storm1 with an 8 gig card. My question is what the easiest way is to transfer the data from one memory card to the other (or is this done automatically when I do the backup and will restore when I have the new 16 gig card inserted in the Storm2).

Also, I picked up a new skin for the Storm2 as well. Was wondering if my old Storm1 holster would still fit it.

Thanks for any help.
    What the above two posters said. When you plug in your storm1, Browse to the memory card folder and drag and drop everything to your desktop, then when you put your storm2 in, drag it back. It doesn't back up your memory card in the backup process...

But, as also said...If you don't need the whole 16 gigs, just drop your 8 in your storm2 and use it...And save your 16 for when you fill up the 8...
    04-16-10 01:09 AM
    So it wont back-up the card automatically when I back-up the BB?
    No, only your phones on board memory is backed up. Cards have to be done manually...

And also, will I need a card reader if I manually back it up?
    No, your computer can read the card while it is in your BB as long as mass storage mode is turned on...

And btw I forgot...Your old holster won't fit your storm2, slightly different in size from the storm1
    04-16-10 01:12 AM
    Very helpful. Thanks!

I just plugged in my Storm1 and just copied the blackberry2 folder (which I think is the memory card that has pictures, ringtone, video folders inside it) to desktop. Then I will drag that folder to the new memory card when I activate it. That's the right folder to copy right?

And thanks for the heads up about the holster. Looks like I will need to buy a new one while I at the store. Especially if I want to use the skin with the holster which is what I currently do with the Storm1
    04-16-10 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD