so i have a storm 9530.

my ex bought it for me a little over a year ago. she reported it stolen, to verizon, and is now asking me for the phone.

my question is, what would it take to re-activate the phone under my own account? any1 got any info or ideas?
    01-31-10 10:47 PM
    Sounds like you stole it to me. And if its stolen, or not and it has a bad ESN, VERIZON will bust you.
    02-01-10 02:34 AM
    Once reported stolen, it will never be reactivated. You are SOL.
    02-01-10 09:40 AM
    that sucks. its my phone. its been my phone for over a year. she reported it stolen when we broke up, so she could get out of a disconect fee. i called verizon and told them i had it and that it was mine, so she couldnt get away with it. . .they didnt seem to care who had it.
    02-01-10 11:52 PM
    I'm really confused! So you found a Storm that was a gift from your ex, that she reported as stolen, but wants back? Huh?

OK, assuming this very confusing story is even somewhat legit, it sounds like the Storm was on her plan and she was paying for the service. If that's the case then technically you did stral the phone from her uf she asked for it back and you refused. Is that actually why she reported it stolen?

In any case it is a paper weight now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 12:19 AM
    what?? starting 2 get confuse...lol
    02-02-10 01:31 AM
    its stolen and he wants to know if he can still activate it...
    02-02-10 01:37 AM
    You'd be better of finding one on ebay and get rid off it....It's stolen!
    02-02-10 08:40 AM
    Craigslist is the place to go. Its where I got mine.

02-02-10 10:02 AM
    update. . .so my ex tryed to take this to court and the judge says he doesnt want anything to do with the phone. he say's that my ex will have to sort it out between her and me. hahaha, thats karma i guess. and i may still be able to reactivate it. see, she reported it stolen, to cancel my service, and get out of fees, but i called verizon and informed them of this. now she is being charged a couple hundred bucks and is NOT getting a replacement phone. god bless data retrieval and a corporate desire for their due. anyway, victory is mine, at last! to bad i cant still get my free upgrade in a couple months tho. i'll take what i can get tho. some justice is better than nothing. i love my phone.
    Last edited by ianraiseland; 02-06-10 at 10:18 PM.
    02-06-10 10:15 PM
    I am so confused
    02-15-10 02:05 PM
    I think this a "so silly its true" scenario.

02-15-10 06:53 PM
    It's still "just a Storm" Who really won? ( LOL!)
    02-16-10 12:25 PM
    Wow, sounds like to me that you are an a**hole. I think she is better off without the likes of you. If it was under her account, and she reported it stolen, it will remain inactive until she calls, and let's them know that she has received it.

As for the judge, it sounds like another bullsh*t lie to tell to the CrackBerry universe. The judge wouldn't have said that nonsense. So why don't you become the bigger man, give your darling ex her phone back, and apologize for being a screw up.

I know that people will be mad and say that what I'm saying is blasphemy, but I just can't sit by, and let a mama's boy sit around and bad mouth someone

02-17-10 12:01 AM
    P.s. If you don't give the person their property back, its stealing dumba**. If I had her number, I would try and help by calling the police, and having you arrested. But at last, its something that will never happen.

02-17-10 12:06 AM
    Well said slipperyNutt well said

03-09-10 03:09 PM
    Best response ever slpperyNutt
    05-08-10 06:15 PM
    unless she gave it to you after saying something along the lines of "if anything should happen to us, the phone is to be returned to me" then it is a gift... and under property law, a gift is generally irrevocable. she GIFTED it to you and lost any right she had to it.

dont listen to all these a-holes calling you a thief or whatever else because you didn't do anything wrong...
    05-08-10 06:32 PM
    Hey,
    Its been my phone for over a year. she reported it stolen when we broke up, so she could get out of a disconect fee. i called verizon and told them i had it and that it was mine, so she couldnt get away with it.
    Thanks
    Jessica
    iphone backup battery
    05-10-10 06:43 AM
    gifted or not...stolen or not...if you dont want problems with Her, you know what to do...if you want the phone and the drama that comes with it(be it the girl or the actual device and its OS, haha), then unlock it and use Tmobile or ATT...and dont say, "but I waaant Verizon"...cuz then yur jus bein a b*...and Verizon aint happenin with that device anymore...
    05-26-10 04:20 PM
    There's always metropcs and cricket...

06-23-10 05:40 AM
    It's a 9530, smash it with a hammer!
    06-23-10 05:44 AM
    P.s. If you don't give the person their property back, its stealing dumba**. If I had her number, I would try and help by calling the police, and having you arrested. But at last, its something that will never happen.

The ex-gf bought it for the op. Like a gift, even if she was paying the account it's not stealing. Furthermore while details are sketchy to say the least it seems the op has some legal merits in his favor.
    06-23-10 03:15 PM
    SlipperyNutt, if you want to try and come off as witty, you might start by having enough education to use an expession like "alas" correctly. It's not "at last". It's ALAS. Google it. Tool.

OP, regardless of who's right and who's wrong in your situation...why don't you just pony up and get a new phone? Not worth this level of hassle, IMO.
    Last edited by SpicytacoTO; 07-02-10 at 01:58 PM.
    07-02-10 01:52 PM
    It's a 9530, smash it with a hammer!
    I agree. I was going to say it is just an mp3 player now but who would want to be caught carrying a storm around as an mp3 player? Lol.

07-02-10 10:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD