My company is a little behind the times and I do not even know the correct terms to search for an answer to my questions within these forums.

We are running Microsoft Exchange 2003 and we just set everyone up with a company domain email address (Exchange address?).

I would like to be able to connect a smartphone to the server so I can sync my email, calendar, and contacts. I have a Storm 9530 on Verizon, but other employees have other phones. One uses an iPhone, the other is looking at a Droid.

Is there a quick and easy way to access Exchange on our phones? Do we have to have a third party app?

My wife, who is in no way tech-savvy, was able to easily sync with her work email, calendar, and contacts on her personal iPhone after a simple walk-through phone call with her IT department (They have since somehow disabled this function for non company issued phones. I think just to **** her off.)

I would like to be able to send emails from my phone and have them show up on my server. Syncing the calendar and contacts would be an added bonus.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Oh, and by the way, I AM the IT department.
    05-26-10 10:03 AM
    It can be done. My company has exchange hosted online and I had to use a 3rd party app. I use NotifySync which I've been fairly happy with. I do have issues with the calendar and duplicates with my contacts. I've gotten around this by using google for those and turning off the sync for everything but email through NotifySync.

If you exchange isn't hosted I think there is a way to set up the email without the 3rd party app. I just don't remember how.... sorry!
    05-26-10 11:51 AM
    I just set up my storm to receive email through my company's microsoft outlook exchange through the phone's Email Settings setup. If you can access your email account on the web using your PC, you can add your work email by entering all of the required info in this set up. Just go to setup->email settings->add. You will have to enter your email address and your password, it will attempt to set it up but it will not be able to. The next screen will have the option to enter the info yourself. When it asks for the outlook web access url, be sure to enter the exact web address (mine starts with https). Also, add your work email address to the Auto bcc section so that whatever you send will also be sent back to you and your server. That should get you all set up to receive and send your work email on your phone. Hope this answers your question!

Don't know how to sync the contacts and calendar though... sorry!
    05-26-10 07:40 PM
    All I needed to do with my work stuff was enter my email and password, and since my employer has already set up the exchange server for BlackBerry access, it sync'd with no problem. I am told that the iPhone will not work with a Microsoft Exchange, this may have changed, but I don't think so. The Android phone will need a third party app to access the email. I am told that K9 works really well. However, K9, I am told needs to be used with a manual sync. It is not automatic like your Storm will be.

I hope this helps, let us know how you make out.
    05-27-10 06:30 PM
    Is Blackberry Exchange Server easy to install? Is it a free download?
    05-28-10 04:14 PM
    Is Blackberry Exchange Server easy to install? Is it a free download?
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is free and I found it relatively easy to install by referring to both the installation manual AND the online video walkthrough.

Your IT people can find it on the BlackBerry web site.
    05-31-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD