In order to help trouble shoot, would it be possible for you to post links to prior versions? For example, i posted an issue above that i think may not have existed in the 1.5 version (or whatever version was before 1.5.3) but can't test it....
    04-01-09 10:51 PM
    I had the trial, then purchased on App World but its still asking me for an Activation Code.

I got my paypal conf via email but I didnt see a Activation Code in there.

Should I be getting another email?

In General I would have hoped App World would take care Activation Codes.
    Thanks,

Rich
    04-02-09 07:14 AM
    The sliding index is not taking me to the right place. i.e. if i slide to "J" on the index it takes me to "L" or sliding to "W" takes me to the beginning of the list. The index just doesnt work right for me. I have tried all versions. I am also using .113 OS if it matters and currently using 1.5.4 of Accelodex.
    Mine takes me to the right place, but it might be easier if it placed the requested contacts in the middle of the screen rather than at the top. That is if I select L it goes to the last several contacts with K and then starts with Ls in the middle of the screen.
    04-02-09 10:14 AM
    The sliding index is not taking me to the right place. i.e. if i slide to "J" on the index it takes me to "L" or sliding to "W" takes me to the beginning of the list. The index just doesnt work right for me. I have tried all versions. I am also using .113 OS if it matters and currently using 1.5.4 of Accelodex.
    go back to 1.5.3, it works flawlessly
    1.5.4 seemed buggy to me, I'll wait for 1.6 now
    04-02-09 10:26 AM
    I had the trial, then purchased on App World but its still asking me for an Activation Code.

I got my paypal conf via email but I didnt see a Activation Code in there.

Should I be getting another email?

In General I would have hoped App World would take care Activation Codes.
    Thanks,

Rich
    Please email me at [email protected] and I will get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Once RIM corrects the dynamic licensing issue, itll free me from manually activating and supporting a million emails from angry users and give me time to finish the next update

Incoming changes in 1.6

-Contact photo support
    -Font selection
    -Setting changes will save immediately (Currently only on exit)
    -Improved letter jumping support for contacts that only have the last name define while the list is sorted by first name, and vice-versa
    -Contact call screen updated
    -New icon (Thanks to yourfriendWayned)
    -Loop toggle
    -Tap scrolling in landscape (for docks)

Well back to "I didnt give me an activation key/I paid for this app but it says purchase not found" support
    04-02-09 10:52 AM
    Adding last names to my contacts fixed the index slider problem for me.....
    04-02-09 12:13 PM
    Woohoo....looking forward to 1.6, let me know if you need a beta tester.
    04-02-09 08:59 PM
    Tap scrolling in Landscape for docks? Thank you! Bring on 1.6!
    04-03-09 06:57 AM
    How 1.6 looking?
    04-05-09 03:53 PM
    I think the flick scrolling in landscape mode would be a good addition.
    04-05-09 04:51 PM
    any eta on 1.6?
    04-05-09 05:50 PM
    any eta on 1.6?
    No ETA on 1.6 till I finish one more round of testing. So if anyone would like to test the pre 1.6 build and try to break it and provide feedback, well be that much closer to 1.6 =D

here is the newest test build 1.5.5:

http://phrehnck.com/stuff/acceloDex.asp

Just a couple little changes here n there, youll notice em once you install it =)

Once we find all the bugs, 1.6 will be live. Ill type up the details on the changes later...
    04-05-09 07:26 PM
    Just installed 1.5.5 but when I try to run it, I get Uncaught exeception: java .lang.indexOutOfBoundsException. Uninstalled/Rebooted, reinstalled, still got the same error. I also checked all the permissions. Is there something I may have missed?
    Last edited by pearlfanatic; 04-05-09 at 08:40 PM.
    04-05-09 08:33 PM
    Interesting? Yes.

Nice presentation? Sure.

Something I'd use? Probably not.

For business users like myself, the information - and confidentiality of that information - in my contact list is important, and this app's font is so large that anyone within a few feet of me could easily see who's in my contacts.

Especially when you have to do that tilting bit to move around - not like that calls attention to what you're doing, right?

Again, good idea in theory - but it's just not practical for everyone.
    04-05-09 08:46 PM
    good catch =)

Test build 1.5.6:

http://phrehnck.com/stuff/acceloDex.asp
    04-05-09 08:49 PM
    Interesting? Yes.

Nice presentation? Sure.

Something I'd use? Probably not.

For business users like myself, the information - and confidentiality of that information - in my contact list is important, and this app's font is so large that anyone within a few feet of me could easily see who's in my contacts.

Especially when you have to do that tilting bit to move around - not like that calls attention to what you're doing, right?

Again, good idea in theory - but it's just not practical for everyone.

I think the fonts are smaller in portrait mode. Plus you can change the font now =).

But then again, it might not work for super secret spies like yourself who is always surrounded by thousands of ninjas
    04-05-09 08:54 PM
    But then again, it might not work for super secret spies like yourself who is always surrounded by thousands of ninjas
    Damn, you see 'em too? I thought I was the only one!
    04-05-09 09:02 PM
    No SMS in 1.5.6????
    04-05-09 09:03 PM
    No SMS in 1.5.6????
    hehe i was "trolling" for that =)

heres the new pitch

Accelerated Contact List Scrolling

Accelerated Swipe Scrolling (Apply inertia to the scrolling by swiping up or down at different rates)
    Accelerometer Based Tilt Scrolling in Landscape Mode
    Letter Bar allows you to jump to the names beginning with your choice for quick navigation
    Vibration Feature lets you know when the upcoming contacts start with a new letter
    Pre-recorded voice will read out the new letter index as your scrolling (Volume 0 by default)
    Contact Photos displayed in both the Contact List and Contact Screen
    Contact Screen Simplified for Quick Calling, E-Mailing, and texting(SMS).
    Addresses are displayed on top of the Contact Screen for easy viewing.
    Switch between Calling or Texting(SMS) by simply Swiping left or right on the target number
    Copy the Contact's Address or Target Number quickly to the clipboard
    Easily dismiss the Contact Screen by Swiping Down or Pressing the Back key
    Customize the look of the interface by selecting your favorite font
    Set to list to loop from the end to start or vice versa for continuous scrolling
    Easy to read interface
    04-05-09 09:05 PM
    Very nice! I'm having problems with the letter bar though...it comes up and scrolls, but when I click it doesn't jump to the letter I select....in fact it doesn't do anything for me!!

Getting really close!
    04-05-09 09:13 PM
    Might have been downloading while you were uploading the new version. Works now. I like the fact you made it so when you click the contact it shows the call option by default and for sms, you swipe to left . Nice!
    Could you make it so once you highlight a contact it stays highlighted? Sometimes I click the wrong one since the highlight is very brief. Maybe Im just slow...LOL.
    04-05-09 09:19 PM
    Very nice! I'm having problems with the letter bar though...it comes up and scrolls, but when I click it doesn't jump to the letter I select....in fact it doesn't do anything for me!!

Getting really close!
    The letter bar has been updated to jump straight to the letter. No clicking necessary like before.
    04-05-09 09:20 PM
    Might have been downloading while you were uploading the new version. Works now. I like the fact you made it so when you click the contact it shows the call option by default and for sms, you swipe to left . Nice!
    Could you make it so once you highlight a contact it stays highlighted? Sometimes I click the wrong one since the highlight is very brief. Maybe Im just slow...LOL.
    it should stay highlighted as long as you dont tough the name/address. if not, then you must have found another bug! =D let me know, i cant get it unhighlighted without touching the name/address on top

oh and you can swipe left or right for sms/call
    04-05-09 09:23 PM
    The letter bar has been updated to jump straight to the letter. No clicking necessary like before.
    Ok, it's not working for me...what am I doing wrong? I can get the bar to appear, and as I slide mu finger up and down it the hilited letter appears to the left, but I can't seem to get it to jump to that spot in the list. Clicking on it doesn't work, and it doesn't seem to go there on it's own...help?

Also, it might be nice if the 'mouse over' didn't take away the contact type when you select it. If you want 'call' to jump in there, why not place it in front of (or behind) the contact type (mobile, home, work, etc..). That way it remains evident which entry contact type you selected....does that make sense?

One other thing I've noticed. Just a personal thing. I'm not real big on the boxes that hold the different contact types auto sizing to fit the screen. To me, in conjunction with the solid colors, it makes the program look a little less professional than it really is. If I were king...maybe a simple, single sized box for each contact type...with a bit more pizzaz for the boxes? Just some input for possible future stuff!
    04-05-09 09:34 PM
    Oh, one other thing...no idea if you have control over this or not...I hold down the back key to close programs, any chance of getting this added? Not a big deal, just a few more clicks to open the menu and select exit.

Thanks!!!
    04-05-09 09:37 PM
559 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD