I have a new mock up for the contact point screen which implements contact photos.

If you have a lot of photos defined for contacts and would like to participate in this open test, goto the link below with your Storm and provide some feedback =)

http://phrehnck.com/stuff/acceloDex.asp
    03-30-09 03:25 AM
    I think this app is really awesome. I am curious if you got the idea from trillonometry's post. If you did I feel he should get a free copy. No, I don't know trill, I just thought it would be nice for him if his idea inspired your awesome app.
    03-30-09 04:42 AM
    LOVE IT!!!
    I read about it in the software roundup an bought it immediately! Great, simple look, working good!
    I only have one problem: When I use the alphabetical index, it only scrolls up to the letter P. It does this in both orientations. Any workaround for this? Using FW .113 with 241 Contacts, alot of them with picture (don't know if that matters)

thanks,

D-Day
    03-30-09 10:10 AM
    LOVE IT!!!
    I read about it in the software roundup an bought it immediately! Great, simple look, working good!
    I only have one problem: When I use the alphabetical index, it only scrolls up to the letter P. It does this in both orientations. Any workaround for this? Using FW .113 with 241 Contacts, alot of them with picture (don't know if that matters)

thanks,

D-Day
    Grab 1.5 from the fRee trial link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:15 AM
    I bought it about 1 hour ago ... and have 1.5.
    Is the trial any different?
    03-30-09 10:22 AM
    I saw the video and I am getting this app as soon as the build versions slow down. I have no clue how the accelerometer works, ( most likely pagan magic ) but in the video the scroll feature uses a side to side rather than an up and down motion. I was wondering if it would be possible to "tilt-scroll" with an up/ down movement regardless of the position. (landscape or portrait) Or would that suck?
    Last edited by PadrePrince; 03-30-09 at 11:17 AM. Reason: second thought.
    03-30-09 11:16 AM
    I saw the video and I am getting this app as soon as the build versions slow down. I have no clue how the accelerometer works, ( most likely pagan magic ) but in the video the scroll feature uses a side to side rather than an up and down motion. I was wondering if it would be possible to "tilt-scroll" with an up/ down movement regardless of the position. (landscape or portrait) Or would that suck?
    Its actually supposed to be up/down, gotta tell him that on the next video -=X
    03-30-09 11:37 AM
    Background picture is cool. Having the addresses in your contacts show up as well would be great! I'm sure you're already thinking about ways to make this a full contact app to where you can edit and add info.
    03-30-09 11:48 AM

Final Revision - App World Build
    03-31-09 03:44 AM
    Final? I still have that index problem ... using 1.5.3
    03-31-09 05:08 AM
    Final? I still have that index problem ... using 1.5.3
    Are you using non-english names by any chance?
    03-31-09 05:13 AM
    This is an awesome app!! Downloading 1.5.3 to try that out.

Very clever action in landscape mode!
    03-31-09 06:22 AM
    The background picture is gone for me in 1.5.3.
    03-31-09 06:26 AM
    Are you using non-english names by any chance?
    Yes, sure I do, I'm german ;-)

but theres alot of Umlauts (���) before and they all work well.

or what do you mean?
    03-31-09 07:18 AM
    Great app; Thanks!

Suggestion: I could really use a smaller (or user-selectable) font. You also mentioned, in an earlier post, that a settings screen was being considered.

Any progress on either of these enhancements?
    03-31-09 10:27 AM
    Yes, sure I do, I'm german ;-)

but theres alot of Umlauts (���) before and they all work well.

or what do you mean?
    can you email me at [email protected]

Great app; Thanks!

Suggestion: I could really use a smaller (or user-selectable) font. You also mentioned, in an earlier post, that a settings screen was being considered.

Any progress on either of these enhancements?
    Yes, gonna hold off on updates till App World launches. I will however, open
    test versions via OTA link on this thread
    03-31-09 10:39 AM
    Unofficial Test version is available via OTA at

http://phrehnck.com/stuff/acceloDex.asp [1.5.4]

Try it out if your feeling adventurous, its a glimpse of 1.6
    03-31-09 04:17 PM
    Wow.
    Nice update. I like it so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 04:23 PM
    Starting to look damn good!! you have come a long way with this program. I would love to see the address is that possible? Also in later builds will we be able to use this to add contacts?
    03-31-09 05:20 PM
    Just purchased today and I'm loving it so far!!
    03-31-09 05:26 PM
    Starting to look damn good!! you have come a long way with this program. I would love to see the address is that possible? Also in later builds will we be able to use this to add contacts?
    Yea Im still figuring out how I should layout the contact screen with the address n stuff. Adding contacts will be a simple menu item in the next update.
    03-31-09 05:28 PM
    any chance of you setting the scrolling not to loop? And changing the home screen icon to better one to reflect a contact list? Maybe like the one in the storm. Becuase right now i just hide my orginal contact program icon and use yours.
    Last edited by erb1016; 03-31-09 at 05:39 PM.
    03-31-09 05:37 PM
    Very nice!! you're the Man!
    03-31-09 05:50 PM
    Very nice! I purchased for my wife and myself. Much quicker than the original contact list. Keep up the good work!
    03-31-09 06:10 PM
    Very nice! I purchased for my wife and myself. Much quicker than the original contact list. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the Generous donation + the purchases =X
    03-31-09 06:15 PM
559 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD