Just downloaded the trial version and I really like it. It's not quite there, but from the thread, it looks like its only going to get better.
    03-27-09 04:41 PM
    Hello phrehnck,
    I bought AcceloDex today (1.3) and installed it OTA but when I try to run it I get "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.ArithmeticException" and then it exits without starting. I am runningn OS .113

Can you help please?
    03-27-09 06:09 PM
    Hello phrehnck,
    I bought AcceloDex today (1.3) and installed it OTA but when I try to run it I get "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.ArithmeticException" and then it exits without starting. I am runningn OS .113

Can you help please?

That happens when your contact list is empty=X
    03-27-09 08:27 PM
    i would like it to stop at z instead of looping, also the just look at a couple other OS's contact lists to get some good idea's to what could look better. Is there any way to have full menu ability like the normal contact list such as edit contact and delete??

Your doing a GREAT job and you are very dedicated.
    03-27-09 08:44 PM
    I saw this today on the Weekly App Roundup.

This along with Flight Path are my new favs. I have my Storm siting on my desk at work and use it to look up contacts before I open them in outlook. So I've been anxious for an app that is a little more functional in terms of quickly looking up contacts.

Couple of things about this:
    I like the idea that this is a digital rolodex. I think that playing off that in the UI would be genius. Maybe make the names look like old school rolodex cards which include number and other associate information. Maybe give it a 3D "rolodex" look not sure how hard this would be. Also would picture thumbnails be too hard. I think we're still lacking solid apps that take advantage of this screen.
    I like that it loops thru. If i'm at the bottom of my list i'd much rather just flick up once to bring up a number at the top. Again this is how old school rolodex's worked
    I'm still having issues with the SMS "to" field not populating. Is this still the mobile number issue (thought that was resolved).

I'm really happy with the product I got for my money. I think there's lots of potential and this has already replaced the Storm contact manager.
    03-27-09 10:02 PM
    I saw this today on the Weekly App Roundup.

This along with Flight Path are my new favs. I have my Storm siting on my desk at work and use it to look up contacts before I open them in outlook. So I've been anxious for an app that is a little more functional in terms of quickly looking up contacts.

Couple of things about this:
    I like the idea that this is a digital rolodex. I think that playing off that in the UI would be genius. Maybe make the names look like old school rolodex cards which include number and other associate information. Maybe give it a 3D "rolodex" look not sure how hard this would be. Also would picture thumbnails be too hard. I think we're still lacking solid apps that take advantage of this screen.
    I like that it loops thru. If i'm at the bottom of my list i'd much rather just flick up once to bring up a number at the top. Again this is how old school rolodex's worked
    I'm still having issues with the SMS "to" field not populating. Is this still the mobile number issue (thought that was resolved).

I'm really happy with the product I got for my money. I think there's lots of potential and this has already replaced the Storm contact manager.
    an update will be emailed to you guys tonight. I forgot that some people use "parenthesis" for the area code =X and the sms client reject parenthesis so the update will parse em out
    03-27-09 10:06 PM
    Woah.. This app is great... Wish it would use a more appealing theme ad font...... And I needa free version...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 10:48 PM
    Maybe you can take advantage of the Storms click screen with the scrolling..

I was thinking it would be cool if when you flick scroll, you can touch your finger to the screen to slow the scroll down, and then click to stop.

Like if you had a spinning wheel and you put your finger on its edge. Friction would slow the spinning. It would be REALLY cool if the screen were pressure sensitive... perhaps on the Storm 2.. push harder and it slows down quicker.

Another thing I thought would be cool is if when the flick scroll finally slows and stops, if it ended in a '****'. Like when you push the brakes in a car and it sort of settles back when it finally stops.

I have to say, this thing scrolls REALLY smoothly when you flick it. It gives the iPhone a serious run for its money. You could teach RIM a thing or two.. Can the non-flick scrolling be made that smooth?

I think if you refine the GUI a bit more , make it a bit smoother, and integrate it more with the Storms contact management I would definitely pay money for this.

The flick scrolling is the smoothest thing I've seen on the Storm yet! Nice job!
    03-27-09 11:52 PM
    Thanks for that. It worked as soon as I got back onto BES and got all my contacts.
    03-28-09 03:41 AM
    Ok I'm still trying to get the hang of this...
    I can't seem to be able to scroll past the first few contacts that take up a full screen's view but all m contacts are definitely on the device. Any thoughts as to why this can be happening?
    03-28-09 03:43 AM
    I love this app. I think it will soon turn into a "must have" like Quick Launch is in my opinion. One thing though.. I use it in the docking station like a roledex next to my land phone at the office. Would there be anyway to have the option to work just like portrait mode when in landscape? I don't really want to pick up the docking station and all to scroll. If not, it's still worth every penny of the $4.99. Keep up the good work!
    03-28-09 08:35 AM
    Is there an update expected any time soon? When an update does come out, how will those of us who purchased the app know about it? This is a great app by the way.
    03-28-09 01:00 PM
    The app has been updated. Anyone who has purchased the app should have received an email with a direct OTA link to the update
    03-28-09 02:09 PM
    What all is new in the update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 02:14 PM
    The app has been updated. Anyone who has purchased the app should have received an email with a direct OTA link to the update
    Working a charm for me very happy with it for 5 bucks (about �3) worth every penny keep up the good work
    03-28-09 02:21 PM
    Video available!

BIG thanks to yourfriendwayned for the vid!
    03-28-09 03:11 PM
    A new approach to the mobile phonebook.

Now available @ mobihand.com

if(life==null) return;

I downloaded 1.4. Here's my initial find:

- Anyone in my BB contact list with just a first name (my wife, my daughter) shows up in the app as "Unknown Contact".
    - Scrolling is the same (infinate instead of A-Z).
    - UI is the same.
    - Font size still the same; can't be changed.

I'm just wondering what 1.4 was suppose to have fixed.
    03-28-09 04:02 PM
    I downloaded 1.4. Here's my initial find:

- Anyone in my BB contact list with just a first name (my wife, my daughter) shows up in the app as "Unknown Contact".
    - Scrolling is the same (infinate instead of A-Z).
    - UI is the same.
    - Font size still the same; can't be changed.

I'm just wondering what 1.4 was suppose to have fixed.

I cant seem to duplicate that. can you check those contacts and see what is different?
    03-28-09 04:07 PM

I cant seem to duplicate that. can you check those contacts and see what is different?
    I double-checked against my BB contact list and what I reported is correct. Anyone on my BB contact list with no last name shows up in the app as "Unknown Contact." Im gonna try a battery pull to see if that helps. BTW... I downloaded 1.4 over 1.3. Does that matter?

EDIT: I deleted 1.4 and did a battery pull. When it comes back I will reload 1.4 to see if that helps. I will let you know.

EDIT #2: Delete 1.4/Battery pull/ Reinstall 1.4 did not help. App still the same as reported above. Is there a link back to 1.3 until this is resolved?
    Last edited by falesq; 03-28-09 at 04:23 PM.
    03-28-09 04:12 PM
    Bought it....Love it! Can't wait to see what you pull out of your sleeve next. Nice work Phrehnck!!!!!!
    03-28-09 07:23 PM
    I double-checked against my BB contact list and what I reported is correct. Anyone on my BB contact list with no last name shows up in the app as "Unknown Contact." Im gonna try a battery pull to see if that helps. BTW... I downloaded 1.4 over 1.3. Does that matter?

EDIT: I deleted 1.4 and did a battery pull. When it comes back I will reload 1.4 to see if that helps. I will let you know.

EDIT #2: Delete 1.4/Battery pull/ Reinstall 1.4 did not help. App still the same as reported above. Is there a link back to 1.3 until this is resolved?
    I think your contact list might be sorted by Company
    03-28-09 07:35 PM

That is interesting I have a lot of contacts with only the first name and i am not having that problem.
    03-28-09 07:42 PM
    no problem here and i too have tons of contacts with no last name. Lets see the UI change in the next update! I'll trade you 5 dollars for it! I'm so close to buying this!
    03-28-09 08:20 PM
    bought it!

actually I'm waiting for their fraud check to go through so i can get he activation code...im guessing monday morning?..

the trial is pretty sweet, look forward to those future updates
    03-28-09 09:14 PM
    So, what's new with 1.4?
    Last edited by MajorMajor; 03-28-09 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo
    03-28-09 09:19 PM
559 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD