Had my Storm for 2 weeks now and am loving it (despite the learning curve). Just purchased some games and a couple utilities from CB yesterday. I loaded the games but only played with 2 or 3 of them.

Today I noticed that none of my 'message' apps (yahoo, sms/mms, yahoo & bb email) go into landscape mode. The rest seem to be working fine. When I'm in landscape mode and open yahoo/sms etc. they open in Portrait mode.

I've had absolutely on problem with the accelerometer until this so I'm assuming its caused by the downloads.

First I disabled StormLock, then powered off/on. Did not fix the problem.

Couldn't figure out how to disable Quicklaunch so I deleted the app and powered off/on. Still not working.

Any ideas what might be causing? List of prgs I loaded are below. My O/S is .75.

Thanks!!!

Order Information

Color Lines! for BlackBerry
    TouchBubbles - Bubble Breaker
    Reversi Touch!
    Jewel Blaster Touch! for BlackBerry
    picPuzzle for Storm
    WordScore

StormLock
    QuickLaunch
    02-07-09 05:05 PM
    Try a battery pull then report back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:07 PM
    yup ArmaK ... that did the trick. I'd read about having to do battery pulls but up until this issue have not needed to do one.

Question - what is the difference between turning off the phone and a battery pull? When I turn off the phone via holding down the red phone button, it turns back on in < 15 seconds. When I powered up after pulling the battery it took a good 2-3 minutes to be functional. Is it running thru diagnostics after the batter pull or something?

Thanks again.
    02-07-09 10:09 PM
    Pulling the battery resets the unit.
    02-07-09 10:17 PM
    yup ArmaK ... that did the trick. I'd read about having to do battery pulls but up until this issue have not needed to do one.

Question - what is the difference between turning off the phone and a battery pull? When I turn off the phone via holding down the red phone button, it turns back on in < 15 seconds. When I powered up after pulling the battery it took a good 2-3 minutes to be functional. Is it running thru diagnostics after the batter pull or something?

Thanks again.
    Its goes throught the intial setup. Your memory was probably really low so it made your device slower. Always keep an eye on your memory.
    02-07-09 10:58 PM
    I tend to need to do a battery pull if I use IM programs a lot. Usually it's because I get a device error though (my assumption is that the IM apps use up the memory and it eventually crashes).

Also, I've learned that with the accelerometer, sometimes you can get it to work better if you hold the phone at an angle. I used to have problems switching from landscape to portrait until I figured that out.
    02-07-09 11:12 PM
    Thanks all. So turning off the device doesn't clear the memory like on a pc? Is it more like putting it in sleep mode?

SWFL - how much memory is considered "low".
    02-08-09 12:38 PM
    I'm gotten around 9/10 but it was functionally relatively well.

Just make sure ur closing, actually closing (BB menu -> close) programs not just pressing the red end button.
    02-08-09 02:33 PM
    To me anything under 12 is low. But you have to see around what number you are having problems. I have a hard case on mine so i use an app called soft-pull so i dont have to take the battery out.
    02-08-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD